Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,184
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:24:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Megg Mogg & Owl in Quarantine

Started by DocDaneeka, March 27, 2020, 04:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imitationleather

I disagree. I say nothing matters!!

The Mollusk

That's a good point. I think the sooner marginalised groups of people realise this, the sooner things will actually get sorted out.

GoblinAhFuckScary

lol funny systemic racism and murder

just a joke!!! god!!! the left won't let us enjoy anything these days

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

The Mollusk

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on September 11, 2020, 05:45:07 PM
lol funny systemic racism and murder

just a joke!!! god!!! the left won't let us enjoy anything these days
Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on September 11, 2020, 09:40:13 PM
Well, I tried.

I'm really sorry if I'm not reading this correctly, but we were sincerely just pissing about with the previous posts. I think it's extremely clear from my previous lengthy analytical comments in this thread that I'm trying to analyse this stuff as rationally as possible through the eyes of someone quite desensitised to brutal, unapologetically ironic and weird comedy.

After the total bullshit in the n-word thread in Oscillations I don't think I could come across any more open and honest than I am now. I hope this makes sense.

Kind of having a weird drunk freakout now about whether or not people on this forum think I'm legitimate or not. I don't want that to be the case. This isn't pandering or trolling. Goblin since you were involved in that thread I hope you can see my point here.

Ugh. I wish I wasn't in this position, and I'm sorry if this has caused any upset whatsoever.

madhair60

Of course it's clear. Disingenuous responses aren't even worth acknowledging.

Quote from: The Mollusk on September 12, 2020, 12:08:33 AM
I'm really sorry if I'm not reading this correctly, but we were sincerely just pissing about with the previous posts. I think it's extremely clear from my previous lengthy analytical comments in this thread that I'm trying to analyse this stuff as rationally as possible through the eyes of someone quite desensitised to brutal, unapologetically ironic and weird comedy.

After the total bullshit in the n-word thread in Oscillations I don't think I could come across any more open and honest than I am now. I hope this makes sense.

Kind of having a weird drunk freakout now about whether or not people on this forum think I'm legitimate or not. I don't want that to be the case. This isn't pandering or trolling. Goblin since you were involved in that thread I hope you can see my point here.

Ugh. I wish I wasn't in this position, and I'm sorry if this has caused any upset whatsoever.
...nah, you're good. On re-reading it is I and not you who has fucked up, and I'm sorry.

...well. Today's strip seems... gratuitous.

The Mollusk

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on September 12, 2020, 12:55:43 AM
...nah, you're good. On re-reading it is I and not you who has fucked up, and I'm sorry.

Neither of us has fucked up. I am fully on board with your previous post, I was just trying to give an objective "maybe this weird logic is what the artist is doing but I dunno if I'm into that" comment. But I appreciate if that sounded smug or deliberately contrarian. It's just my sense of humour.

I hate making responses like this on this forum, where I'm like "glad we're on the same page and you're a great poster", because I'm hella apprehensive about this place feeling too cliquey. But, that is my opinion, you are great, and thanks for putting my mind at ease before I go to bed.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: The Mollusk on September 12, 2020, 12:08:33 AM
I'm really sorry if I'm not reading this correctly, but we were sincerely just pissing about with the previous posts.

Nah I'm with you. I didn't make it clear that I was moaning about the chat within Simon's instagram posts x

13 schoolyards

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on September 12, 2020, 01:24:59 AM

That "spoof" sound effect totally justified it.

(it's common knowledge that spoof is Australian slang for jizz, right?)

samadriel

MojoJojo

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on September 12, 2020, 01:24:59 AM

I'm slightly disappointed it cuts away at the penultimate frame. Should have had a solid week of WWJ getting pounded.

Pink Gregory

Aaaaand we're back on!

I'll admit it feels like we've been at the funeral for a bit too long now.

imitationleather

Quote from: Pink Gregory on September 13, 2020, 06:49:56 PM
I'll admit it feels like we've been at the funeral for a bit too long now.

Definitely.

It's really ground to a halt.

13 schoolyards

I'd say this stretch is the first time it's really felt like Hanselmann is seeing this whole run as something that's going to be collected into one book. It's the kind of pacing shift you need in a collection, but feels a bit drawn-out going day-by-day

The Mollusk

Quote from: 13 schoolyards on September 14, 2020, 07:58:40 AM
I'd say this stretch is the first time it's really felt like Hanselmann is seeing this whole run as something that's going to be collected into one book. It's the kind of pacing shift you need in a collection, but feels a bit drawn-out going day-by-day

True, the funeral as a whole would scan much better if it were sprawled out across several large pages, and is not really suited to the format of scrolling through ten panels on a small screen in daily instalments. If Hanselmann really is considering publishing this as a physical thing and this arc leading up to the election is bringing the whole thing to a close, then in book form the funeral debale would probably serve as a decent OTT climactic finale piece.

Thomas

Spoiler alert
make america goatse again
[close]

Consignia

As long as this funeral has been going on, I really love the Drac Jr. Jr. doll. Cracks me up every time.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Thomas on September 15, 2020, 10:43:05 AM
Spoiler alert
make america goatse again
[close]
wwj thanks you for spoilering pre-drop

GoblinAhFuckScary

Fucking hell this is dragging on a bit

boki

Quote from: Consignia on September 15, 2020, 10:48:15 AM
As long as this funeral has been going on, I really love the Drac Jr. Jr. doll. Cracks me up every time.
I liked the reveal that
Spoiler alert
Jones had recorded the soundbites to a cassette tape
[close]

The Mollusk

Yeah I'm pretty bored of this fight now. 6 days of it.

Mister Six

With a gap of a day or two. I get the feeling he's running into trouble now he wants to wrap things up, and is stalling so he can get a better idea of where to go from here.

13 schoolyards

I think today's payoff retroactively justified the length - Dracula Jr's side of things really needed to be dragged out so that the swift way WWJ wrapped things up would land.

Also: yeesh

MojoJojo

Pink Gregory

Framed picture of a strawberry really tickled me

idunnosomename

wholesome episode today

or is it even more desolate than someone caving their new husband's face in at a joint funeral for the latter's own son
hmm.

still on the "wow this is still incredibly good" camp