Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:25:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Megg Mogg & Owl in Quarantine

Started by DocDaneeka, March 27, 2020, 04:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

precious babe

but now for the real question, is WWJ gonna get vanned?

The Mollusk

Plodding thru the motions now this innit

13 schoolyards

I dunno, I laughed at Vejonica's shocked expression at the announcement of the Anus Queen spin off

Pink Gregory

Really enjoying how consistent the boom mic being everywhere is.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Pink Gregory on September 26, 2020, 11:58:02 AM
Really enjoying how consistent the boom mic being everywhere is.
i mean, i've seen it, but never looked at it. love it following him into the toilet

is vejonica pregnant so quickly because kittens gestate within two months? or is that to horrible to conceive. (pun)

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: idunnosomename on September 26, 2020, 07:22:45 PM
i mean, i've seen it, but never looked at it. love it following him into the toilet

is vejonica pregnant so quickly because kittens gestate within two months? or is that to horrible to conceive. (pun)

Vejonica is the bab

idunnosomename

oops well obvs I mean rebound witch whose name I forgot

imitationleather

Pink Gregory

How much time has passed in the comic? Can't have even been a month can it?

idunnosomename

I think it's meant to be real time, more or less.

I agree it's not quite as exciting as it was a few months ago, but it's still good, he's obviously just trying to make it to the election, and will have some ideas for the outcome that he'll adjust as it happens

13 schoolyards

It was obvious where it was going, but I still laughed hard at today's final panel. Ah, Hanselmann, you've still got it.

idunnosomename

Last two made me laugh. Didnt see the Megg one going the way it did thats for sure

boki

The Mollusk

I'm always a sucker for a moustache pop-off.

idunnosomename

MojoJojo

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 08, 2020, 12:08:49 AM
im calling it on the kittens btw
Do you mean what Mitzi is going to produce? I'm going for little werewolves. It doesn't make any sense, but it would be funny.

Quote from: MojoJojo on October 08, 2020, 12:28:26 AM
Do you mean what Mitzi is going to produce? I'm going for little werewolves. It doesn't make any sense, but it would be funny.
nah it's Carrot Top's kid

imitationleather

I'm very pleased it's moved on from the bloody funeral now.

Why must he keep hurting my beautiful baby boy? :(

13 schoolyards

Hanselmann posted a picture in his IG stories (or whatever they're called) pretty much confirming this is going to be a book - "Crisis Zone"

idunnosomename

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on October 08, 2020, 01:25:17 AM
nah it's Carrot Top's kid
I mean I guess she could've been impregnated by him in January if this is all in real time

The Mollusk

Ramping up again now, ha. Fucking bleak as hell these last couple of strips.

The Mollusk

Whoa today's strip is the 200th, incredible. The art is fantastic and the mood is so intense. I'm way back on board with this again!

idunnosomename

yeah nice to see the bad-trip body-melt effect in force

idunnosomename

the rainbows are exceptional colouring work. amazing these all seem to have been done with just pencil, ink and crayon since the beginning with no digital manipulation at all. would be way easier to scan in ink, push the threshold to make it b/w then just colour on the computer

The Mollusk

New one's only been up an hour but there's some spicy comments already

Pink Gregory

Do you think people getting in a flap about this strip as they do occasionally might be amplified by it being serialised?

The guy's obviously not one of those freeze peach fuckheads, and all his comics are about characters with very few if any redeeming features, just feels like a lot of people not getting it.

Love how the fez is just balanced on top of Desi's ears.

13 schoolyards

The last couple have really been on fire with the twists. That one reaction shot of WWJ today was gold.

And yeah, I think this being serialised - and especially with people obviously dipping in and out, or stumbling across it midway through - really contributes to the "outrage".

That said, there's been a few half-hearted efforts over the last few years to #cancel Hanselmann on twitter for various edgy reasons but they never really seem to take. I suspect the combination of him being clearly well-meaning and not a fuckhead in person plus the fact his sense of humour is not American gives him a bit of leeway among people who're paying attention.