Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:02:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Megg Mogg & Owl in Quarantine

Started by DocDaneeka, March 27, 2020, 04:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MojoJojo

Maybe it's just because this site and MM&O are two sites I visit daily but I'm starting to think Simon is reading this thread:

Quote from: MojoJojo on October 22, 2020, 10:19:27 AM
Seems that all the people bored of WWJ antics are getting a shout out today.

And today we have Moggs crimes being listed out after I mention I had to remember what they were.

GoblinAhFuckScary

If Simon is reading this thank you for putting that Werewolf in jail xx

Thomas

I'll only believe it if the next strip features fans of Anus King delusionally thinking that the cast are reading their forum posts.

garbed_attic

To be fair Simon is a big fan of British comedy including much of Morris' work.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Spoiler alert
Who had Mogg as Mitzi's kitten daddy?
[close]

idunnosomename

Spoiler alert
me. gestation period logic
[close]

Thomas

Quote from: gout_pony on November 02, 2020, 11:29:44 PM
To be fair Simon is a big fan of British comedy including much of Morris' work.

I was only teasin. I think someone posted a photo of his DVD shelf a few pages back, featuring quite a few deep cuts of the alternative comedy canon. To be honest, I'd be surprised if a fan of all those shows didn't end up stumbling across CaB at some point.

garbed_attic

Quote from: Thomas on November 03, 2020, 01:30:06 AM
I was only teasin. I think someone posted a photo of his DVD shelf a few pages back, featuring quite a few deep cuts of the alternative comedy canon. To be honest, I'd be surprised if a fan of all those shows didn't end up stumbling across CaB at some point.

heh indeed - a reverse Brooker.

Mister Six

Mister Six

Also: hello, Simon! Loving the work. Please carry on. Ta!

garbed_attic

Quote from: Mister Six on November 03, 2020, 04:59:34 PM
Did Brooker used to be on here?

Indeed he did as a mere stripling. The forum was so virulently negative about Nathan Barley in the main, however (and Brooker successful) he stopped posting - we did get a momentary screenshot in an episode of Newswipe though, I recall!

Mister Six

Aw, that's a shame. I remember when Andrew Collins turned up and a bunch of people just started acting like a total cunt to him. That wasn't nice at all.

13 schoolyards

I approve of WWJ's hard swerve into Oz (the HBO series) territory.

Remember when it looked like it was going to wrap up with the election? What's the next natural end point - Christmas?

The Mollusk

Sweet Jesus today's last panel freaked me out hard.

imitationleather

Ahhh... It's so great that it's picked up again.

This has been the most rewarding thing I've read all year.

idunnosomename

Yeah that panel was great

Wonder if he's going to show Jones' trial or if it's dystopian enough they just chucked him in the state slammer and forgot about him

The Mollusk

Should drag out it out for ten weeks of nothing but WWJ trial like the Tim Heidecker trial in On Cinema.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Pink Gregory

love how tiny Mogg is in that cover art

Consignia

QuoteContains additional material not seen online.

Wahoo! Funeral extended cut.

MojoJojo

Maybe, but Mogg's worn that before in one of the comics - Megahex or One more year I think. Because Megg was sick of his face.

MojoJojo

Quote from: MojoJojo on November 11, 2020, 03:38:11 PM
Ah fuck, it's Amsterdam.
He wore it in another comic while having his affair with the chair. I want to say One More Year or Bad Gateway.

MojoJojo

I don't remember an affair with a chair and I've read One More Year. So lets guess Bad Gateway.

(the context here is I bought Megahex, Amsterdam and On eMore Year in April and read them over a few days so they're all merged into one in my mind).

Wet Blanket

Quote from: MojoJojo on November 12, 2020, 09:27:23 AM
(the context here is I bought Megahex, Amsterdam and On eMore Year in April and read them over a few days so they're all merged into one in my mind).

I bought and read Megahex and One More Year in quick succession. Which one should I get next, Amsterdam or Bad Gateway?

Consignia

Amsterdam is funnier with loads of standalone comics, but Bad Gateway is more bleak single story focused. It's what you want out of Megg and Mogg really, both are good it's just how you want to tackle them. If you want to follow up Megahex, Bad Gateway is the direct sequel.

Quote from: Wet Blanket on November 12, 2020, 11:05:38 AM
I bought and read Megahex and One More Year in quick succession. Which one should I get next, Amsterdam or Bad Gateway?
Get Amsterdam first, it takes place before Owl moves out at the end of Megahex. Bad Gateway advances the "story arc" such as it is, showing how Megg and Mogg are(n't) coping in the absence of their more capable, employed roommate.

Mister Six

So the reading order is Amsterdam, Megahex, Bad Gateway?