Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:39:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Friday Night Dinner is back

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 27, 2020, 07:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Tonight at 10pm on Channel Four. Looking forward to this sixth series.

Lemming

Not bad. It was a bit routine and I'd rather have had a more spectacular fuckup for the caravan (I was 90% certain it was going to get hit with a blast of raw sewage).

bigfatheart

Thought that was OK. Not as good as the best episodes and not as bad as the worst, and to be honest the last couple of series have had more of the latter than the former so I'll settle for that.

I could happily listen to Mark Heap saying 'water people' as if they are aquatic nymphs all night. Less fussed about 'Milson'.

steveh

It was completely obvious where it was going but still got the biggest laughs of any new comedy this week which right now is good enough for me.

timebug

I liked the 'talkie walkie' joke as well, weak as it was! Mark Heap is always value for money!

crankshaft

I loved it. And after the week we've all just had I was ready for some silliness.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

It was very broad. I can't remember for sure, but spilling excrement all over the floor seems like the grottiest thing that's happened on the show. Also, having that and the caravan burning down seems a bit overstuffed.

That said, I still laughed like a drain.

Alberon

It's obvious, it's broad, but it is funny, which is always, obviously, the most important thing in a comedy.

timebug

I have just been informed by a pal on the phone, that apparently Tamsin Greig and Paul Ritter are both in a new ITV thing that is meant to be the latest 'Upstairs Downstairs' clone on sunday nights.

imitationleather

I just couldn't get past how stupid and Comedy Prop the caravan looked.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Conversely, I was amused by how much it resembled the one on my friend's driveway.

olliebean

Quote from: timebug on March 29, 2020, 10:27:30 AM
I have just been informed by a pal on the phone, that apparently Tamsin Greig and Paul Ritter are both in a new ITV thing that is meant to be the latest 'Upstairs Downstairs' clone on sunday nights.

Belgravia?

QuoteDrama about the secrets and dishonour among the upper echelons of 19th-century London society, adapted by Julian Fellowes from his novel of the same name.

That's a hard pass.

Upon going to watch it I realised I completely bypassed series 5 so watching through that now...its alright like, always some amusing parts but nothing spectacular.

I really wish they'd have thought about using some different incidental music, theyve used the same three or four little passages relentlessly for all 6 series. I never thought I'd get irritated hearing a Deerhoof track so thanks for that FDN

Jerzy Bondov

Roaring with laughter at Martin saying 'stupid bumhole'

jsgibble

Quote from: Misspent Boners on March 29, 2020, 06:53:58 PM
Upon going to watch it I realised I completely bypassed series 5 so watching through that now...its alright like, always some amusing parts but nothing spectacular.

I really wish they'd have thought about using some different incidental music, theyve used the same three or four little passages relentlessly for all 6 series. I never thought I'd get irritated hearing a Deerhoof track so thanks for that FDN

This one's the worst. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYQVJegNPtU

Can't stop thinking about Milson and her sad, almost human-like eyes.

MojoJojo

I'm surprised Milson doesn't look exactly like Wilson. Sitcom continuity with a lampshade hanging off it.

imitationleather

EACH EPISODE DAD CHARACTER DOES SOMETHING WACKY - SOMETHING SOMEHOW EVEN WACKIER THAN THE EPISODE BEFORE

imitationleather

Urrrrrrrgh... Tracey Ann Oberman. Forgot about her.

Lemming

Laughed like a bastard. First half perfect, second half a little broad but still fucking funny.

olliebean

Just remembered that Nice Grandma died a little over a month ago. Sad now.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

It's nice that FND is bucking the trend of British Sit Coms only making about two or three series before jacking it all in, but at the same time this can lead to a certain sameness in the zaniness , particularly as the episodes are always written by the same writer, not a team of writers like what they have in America, not necessarily anything wrong with that ( Bloody Hell, this is turning into a bit of a long sentence), at least the characters show consistency. Some repetition sneaking in now, though. Oh look, Will From The Inbetweeners has just sneakily poured some salt into the other cuntson's glass of water!  Chortle!

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on April 04, 2020, 10:26:16 AM
Oh look, Will From The Inbetweeners has just sneakily poured some salt into the other cuntson's glass of water!

Was I not paying attention properly, or did that not pay off last night?

crankshaft

Probably the weakest episode of the show to date, but I still laughed. I didn't think any of the elements paid off very well, but with chuckles at a premium right now, even a bit of gentle humour and familiarity will do well enough for now.

Bad Ambassador

Thanks to the COVID-19 bump, the first episode of the new series got 4.63m viewers, not far from double the previous high and the third-highest rated Channel 4 show for the week.

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: crankshaft on April 04, 2020, 12:19:38 PM
Probably the weakest episode of the show to date, but I still laughed. I didn't think any of the elements paid off very well, but with chuckles at a premium right now, even a bit of gentle humour and familiarity will do well enough for now.

I loved it. I was especially aroused 'interested' in that scene where Adam was having his arsed smacked while his aunt demanded to tell his mother he loved her.

imitationleather

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Lemming

Some laughs and good performances by Sally Phillips and Mark Heap but yeah that was pretty shaky. Needed a tighter plot and, as is often the case, the Jim silliness needed to be toned back a little. No Arm Guy was just thrown in there for virtually no reason other than to disable the car.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

The Jim character is now, basically , insane. Drinking a "creamy tea" and running away from a t- shirt with a picture of a wolf on it. Ha Ha. Very funny. Fuck Off.