Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:13:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I am not OK with this

Started by MojoJojo, March 28, 2020, 09:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MojoJojo

Anyone else watched this on Netflix? I really enjoyed it. I'm struggling to describe it - teen girl with starts developing mental powers. From a distance it resembles Carrie, but is actually nothing like it.

The end of the series left me really hooked to know where it goes next, although a logical part of my brain knows there is a good chance it will shit the bed (as it looks like the whole setting will replaced).

Apparently based on a comic. Anyone read it

Icehaven

I just watched and enjoyed it, the lead actress in particular is terrific. It's another streaming series which altogether is about the same length as a film, but the way it's broken up with various revelations makes it suit that form a bit better than other similar length series. The episodes actually feel much longer than 20 minutes (in a good way).

One thing I thought was a real shame was how signposted the big 'moment' in the last episode was, a few things said and done during the build up mean you know exactly what's about to happen, but it still made me gasp and laugh at the same time though.

Haven't read the book but I'd be interested to, although I might wait until the next series has been on to avoid spoilers and comparisons etc.

olliebean

Most of the Amazon reviews for the book seem to be people saying it's not much cop and the series is much, much better.

Icehaven

Quote from: olliebean on March 31, 2020, 07:41:44 PM
Most of the Amazon reviews for the book seem to be people saying it's not much cop and the series is much, much better.

Interesting, and unusual given it's usually the other way round.

Gulftastic

I really enjoyed it. Only 7 EPs, none of which is too long. I breezed through one afternoon a couple of weeks ago. I hope it gets a second season