Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:38:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

UK Government Quietly Downgrades Covid-19

Started by Sebastian Cobb, March 28, 2020, 01:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

Figured this can have its own thread.

Looks like the government have lowered the classification of C-19 despite it already having a higher death toll than other diseases.

https://truepublica.org.uk/united-kingdom/uk-government-officially-and-quietly-downgrades-covid-19/

peanutbutter

I'd say that 3 week period was very much chosen with a mindset that they're gonna end lockdown for the easter weekend regardless of where things lie tbh.

hamfist

As much as I loathe to give this government any leeway, I read this somewhere : they have to downgrade it so that any hospital facility can treat it, and not special approved ones for highly communicable diseases.

No idea if that is right or not.

Zetetic

It's really a 'downgrade' but a change in classification, for the reasons outlined: case fatality rate might be high but it's not that high, recognition is becoming easier (after a fashion).

"HCID" is maybe an unhelpful term, but nevermind.

What are the consequences of reclassification supposed to be? (It'll have no impact on legal cases relating PPE, as far as I can tell.)