Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,325
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:43:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What's the endgame to this whole business?

Started by greencalx, March 28, 2020, 02:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urinal Cake

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 28, 2020, 11:52:20 PM
didnt a lot of people die in the persian gulf already where its hot as bollocks all the time anyway
Who knows? I think it's a lot of guessing and educated guessing.

Mr_Simnock

Shoulders?-Stomach!

If China recovers first it will presumably become even more powerful and important to the rest of the world than it was already becoming. Firing up economic activity to meet the supply chain demands of Europe, US and Africa months in advance. Not only trading with private business but holding the power over governments, granting loans etc. If they avoid a second wave then it may be boom time over there. Difficult to know what will happen in Russia but they ought to have opportunities too.

Meanwhile as indicated above, the US stands to lose big time out of this, and the late stage neoliberalism countries in Europe are in trouble.

imitationleather

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on March 29, 2020, 10:35:08 AM
If China recovers first it will presumably become even more powerful and important to the rest of the world than it was already becoming. Firing up economic activity to meet the supply chain demands of Europe, US and Africa months in advance. Not only trading with private business but holding the power over governments, granting loans etc. If they avoid a second wave then it may be boom time over there. Difficult to know what will happen in Russia but they ought to have opportunities too.

Meanwhile as indicated above, the US stands to lose big time out of this, and the late stage neoliberalism countries in Europe are in trouble.

Seems like some pretty good analysis to me.

The US is fucked.