Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:07:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Your predictions

Started by gib, March 29, 2020, 02:06:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Travez

edit- too bleak. May repost at some point.

gib

Quote from: Ray Travez on March 30, 2020, 11:34:06 PM
edit- too bleak. May repost at some point.

PM me the prediction. The posters that got it right can win rudimentary stone tools. Winners must collect prizes, the value of your rudimentary stone tool can go down as well as up, terms and conditions apply.

Ray Travez

hahaha!

I went into some detail, but in essence- short-term deflation, followed by eventual hyperinflation created by over-reliance on fiscal stimulus packages. Systemic collapse of the banking sector, followed by more bail-outs. People cannot afford essentials, leading to civil unrest. Rise of demagoguery outside of the mainstream political system. Finally a collapse of many, most or all of the world's currencies, a house of cards.

Who knows? It's just a guess. If the stimulus packages/ bailouts are kept under tight control, maybe nothing too bad will happen. But I fear they won't be.

Dewt

Michael, Michael, Michael, Michael. Come on, tell me about the Bitcoins.

Zetetic

I suspect the stimulus package will be the least of the problems if we hit 30% effective unemployment, and undergo the subsequent collapse of mortgages and car loans and so on.

(UK or USA, take your pick.)

Urinal Cake

Some people were stating the US economy was already shaky so there'd be a bond market crash then hyperinflation. Covid-19 has just accelerated the course. As a large service economy it's going to be a lot of pain.

I think there's going to be a lot of not-really-oragnised 'agitation' by the right and left whereas most people just bunker down.

Head Gardener

ollyboro

Well call me Nostrafuckingdamus and smear me in Russell Grant's special love potion. An unmitigated piece of shit called Callum Wood(see page 1), from a post-industrial town (Middlesbrough) has been jailed for a year for breaking into health workers' cars, whilst they were at work. Just need his lass to be up the spout and I'll get the Star's horoscope column. If anybody needs cheering up, the word on the grapevine is that the security guards he pulled a blade on didn't hold back in their zeal when it came to detaining the horrible cunt.

El Unicornio, mang

I'm probably being a bit pessimistic but I'm imagining a kind of mash-up of Threads, The Road, and Walking Dead

MojoJojo

There's going to be a shitload of April fools shit today, all of it a bit tainted by the recently underemployed celebs realising that everyone else has spent the last week on there amazing april fools joke.

idunnosomename

my dick will fall off and crawl up my ass

Cerys

Quote from: Cerys on March 16, 2020, 01:38:09 AM
I have a horrible feeling that we're not far off the first news story of someone offing their entire family 'to spare them the suffering'.  And if it happens, the press will be at least partly to blame.

I mean, obviously they'll be to blame for breaking the story, but you know what I mean.

Yes, you do .

Oh, shut up :p

Keebleman

Predicting what our world will be like when this emergency is over is a waste of time. But speculating about it, provided you keep in mind how colossally ignorant you are of the whole situation, is not at all.  In fact it can be really stimulating.  Here is a terrific conversation between two intelligent guys who never forget how limited their intelligence is. Among other subjects, it touches on whether there have been significant numbers of false positive test results in some countries, how many businesses, if any, should be allowed to fail, the pros and cons of the govt giving citizens cash, what the crisis means for Trump's reelection prospects and whether or not the end of the social distancing will see a new epidemic - in sexual promiscuity.

https://medium.com/conversations-with-tyler/russ-roberts-tyler-cowen-covid-19-coronavirus-2a2dfcd1fd64

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: Sony Walkman Prophecies on March 30, 2020, 01:26:30 AM
I hope not! My house backs onto theirs. Not that I ever see them. Only bloke I ever see from the back window these days is the one with the statement conservatory which looks like a pop-up Apple store. Always out in the morning in his dressing gown he is: ruminating at the sky, coffee mug pressed to his chest, brow wrinkled in operatic thought, all seething and cinematic like he's Tony Soprano. "Like he's Tony Bloody Soprano!" I nearly shouted yesterday, cowardly prying from behind my net curtain, half mad with solitude.

Maybe the Mad Max thing wouldn't be such a bad idea. Can't take much more of this.

Have you written to the council about this problem?

ProvanFan

Your prediction, is my affliction

-Kate Tempest

A strange new symptom of Coronavirus disease will emerge: telekinesis, rendering all cutlery obsolete by 2022.

Untouched by humans, nature will begin to recolonise the human face.

Head Gardener

a rich field of ideas centred around pestilence, isolation, loneliness, despair, and social breakdown will herald a new Golden Age of Heavy Metal

Someone sees Major Ingrams of Who Wants to Con a Fortune fame and coughs pointedly then gets duffed up or arrested.

Head Gardener

extract from 2008 the book End of Days by psychic Sylvia Browne

Hand Solo

Quote from: Head Gardener on April 08, 2020, 09:28:14 PM
extract from 2008 the book End of Days by psychic Sylvia Browne

Hasn't she just plagiarised that word for word from that 1981 Dean Koontz novel?

EDIT. Right so the first page is from the Sylvia Brown book and has been mixed up as from the Koontz book on social media. The Brown book was published in 2008, but a previous book of hers called Prophecy: What the Future Holds for You from 2004 has a much more prescient passage:

And the Koontz book originally named the virus as Russian called Gorki-400 before being revised after the collapse of the USSR as Chinese and named Wuhan-400:

idunnosomename

"in 2020 phillip schofield will come out as gay" - Ayn Rand

Hand Solo

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 08, 2020, 09:48:03 PM
"in 2020 phillip schofield will come out as gay" - Ayn Rand

"In 2021 the magnetism of the poles will change polarity, there will be catastrophic earthquakes, tsunamis and the loss of billions of lives will leave the planet a primodrial wasteland. In the following years Shed Seven and their music will install and inspire a new technocratic utopia of world brotherhood and peace upon the globe." - Charles Hapgood

bgmnts

They all plagiarised old Nostro anyway.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Hand Solo on April 08, 2020, 09:34:08 PM
Hasn't she just plagiarised that word for word from that 1981 Dean Koontz novel?

EDIT. Right so the first page is from the Sylvia Brown book and has been mixed up as from the Koontz book on social media. The Brown book was published in 2008, but a previous book of hers called Prophecy: What the Future Holds for You from 2004 has a much more prescient passage:

And the Koontz book originally named the virus as Russian called Gorki-400 before being revised after the collapse of the USSR as Chinese and named Wuhan-400:

Koontz typo - its rDNA, not RDNA.

Head Gardener

Sony Walkman Prophecies

Quote from: Urinal Cake on March 31, 2020, 01:31:55 AM
Some people were stating the US economy was already shaky so there'd be a bond market crash then hyperinflation. Covid-19 has just accelerated the course. As a large service economy it's going to be a lot of pain.

I think there's going to be a lot of not-really-oragnised 'agitation' by the right and left whereas most people just bunker down.

And all the religious fruitcakes (a lot to choose from in this country) will come crawling out the woodwork. Not to mention the alt-right rabble rousers.

but what happened to that disease that can only be beaten by electricity and extreme heat?