Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 10:38:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Herzog being Herzog

Started by Twit 2, March 29, 2020, 11:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twit 2

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/03/23/magazine/werner-herzog-interview.html?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Some typically mad things said, as you'd expect, plus comparing himself to Michelangelo and Kurosawa. Personally, I do consider him a sort of benign megalomaniac. In some ways he's one of the most self-assured people in the history of the creative arts, pathologically so. He talks about having no doubts whatsoever about his work, in a filmography that would cause even the most equipped person to scream HANG ON A SEC WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING HERE? Oddly, though, his grandiosity seems entirely channelled into his work and he remains, by all accounts, an incredibly pleasant and gentlemanly person to deal with. All in all, anyone with a filmography one tenth as extraordinary as his has earned the right to say whatever mad shit they like about it all.

Thomas

Liked it when he showed up as an estate agent for three minutes in Parks and Rec.

Abnormal Palm

That's great, love the guy. Might watch some more of his films.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

I liked the part where he "lifted the spell of life" on his mentor and "allowed" her to die.

grassbath

Overwhelming and collective murder is still up there among what I call my 'unasked for impressions.'

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: grassbath on March 30, 2020, 01:09:25 AM
Overwhelming and collective murder is still up there among what I call my 'unasked for impressions.'
He said something similar in Grizzly Man:

Quote from: Werner HerzogI believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility, and murder.