Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:06:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

POLICE STATE BRITAIN THREAD

Started by idunnosomename, March 29, 2020, 01:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

Rozzers getting a hard-on about the lockdown and seem to have invented some arbitrary one-hour caveat to the exercise rule

oh great, it's like fascism except they talk to use like an Innocent Smoothie

and shit like closing off canal towpaths. fuck off copper. they're public walkways

https://twitter.com/PoliceMacc/status/1243913532061745152

anyway fuck the police.

bgmnts

"Not exercising locally"

Fucksake who cares? As long as they aren't going near anyone who gives a shit?

mikeyg27

There's a police van out front because the mad lads at the church next door were about to try and sneak in a service.

El Unicornio, mang

A friend got stopped for walking along the sea front yesterday. Not sure how that doesn't count as normal exercise really. I'm ok with stopping youths gathering in groups though. Could also extend that beyond the lockdown, please.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: bgmnts on March 29, 2020, 01:10:25 PM
"Not exercising locally"

Yeah that's all very well until everyone decides to drive to local beach/wood/beauty spot and there's a throng of people at the car park. This is fucking serious and people would want to do as they're told.

Butchers Blind

"Little Ronaldos", the fuck is this shit.  I'm sure they're doing an important job, but yeah, most of them live for extreme measures like this.

shiftwork2

bgmnts

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on March 29, 2020, 01:22:13 PM
Yeah that's all very well until everyone decides to drive to local beach/wood/beauty spot and there's a throng of people at the car park. This is fucking serious and people would want to do as they're told.

Yeah an Event Horizon blood orgy in Asda car park, fair enough. But some cunt walking his dog a few miles from home? Dunno.

idunnosomename

beauty spots yeah i know people are fucking idiots and flock to the same places, but police are even dumber. i always walk places im likely not to see anyone the whole time because i fucking hate saying HELLO when you walk past someone going other way

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: bgmnts on March 29, 2020, 01:10:25 PM
"Not exercising locally"

Going near anyone is the key. Yesterday morning there wasn't a single other person on the train carriage on my journey, the barriers were lifted at Leeds Station and the staff on the train weren't checking tickets, and I walked 4 miles up from Mytholmroyd to Stoodley Pike. Great views and you could see the odd person very far away, but I was certainly furthest away from humans I have been for weeks, probably even before the scare. They'd all fucked off.

I know this wouldn't work if everyone had the same idea, but I calculated they wouldn't. Also, zero plod, no rozzers, nary any filth or pigs to be seen and nae drones. They'd have had a boring as fuck day if they were out.

Yet going into town (Hebden Bridge), well the people were out on those narrow streets not keeping a distance. But they were local and doing essentials so nice good obedience. Had to be very very careful to keep away from the clusters of geriatrics and suicide junkies.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

LITTLE RONALADO SCORE FROM DISTENCE

steveh

There's a summary of the restrictions here, which concludes:

QuoteThe main problem is that the illiberal provisions are subject to vague exceptions, and this is a worrying combination at a time of an emergency.

This problem is mitigated but not eliminated by the Fixed Penalty Regime, when the police choose to use it.

And it is a relief that the Regulations as a whole (and ministerial directions made under them) are subject to potential challenge at the High Court.

But in practical terms, there is considerable scope for these provisions to be misused by police officers, with almost no practical safeguards.

Measures like this, in addition to being tough, need to be credible.

Misuse of these emergency powers will make the regime less credible, thereby undermining the very public health purpose that the Regulations are there to achieve.

Just as it takes one person being idiotic to spread this disease, it takes only one police officer being idiotic to discredit this emergency public health regime.

JesusAndYourBush

Bazooka

Convict 1: What are you inside for prag?

Convict 2: Doing 10 to life for doing a press up outside, one hand was pressed local, the other was in Stoke.

idunnosomename

QuoteJust as it takes one person being idiotic to spread this disease, it takes only one police officer being idiotic to discredit this emergency public health regime.

lol way ahead of you there

olliebean

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 29, 2020, 01:03:19 PM
Rozzers getting a hard-on about the lockdown and seem to have invented some arbitrary one-hour caveat to the exercise rule

Someone on another forum was going on about not being able to use public transport to get to his usual walking location the other day, so having to do the entire 30+ mile round trip on foot. Which is both an appallingly transparent attempt to brag about how much walking he does, and by my reckoning means he must have been out and about all bloody day.

Captain Crunch

Set the example don't be the example?  Tune in next week for 'it is what it is'.  Christ. 

Hand Solo

"Simples?"

That's the last straw, I'm running into a police station wearing a stripey prison uniform with a ticking rucksack marked 'SWAG', holding a potato covered in boot polish carved into the shape of a gun, and shouting "Allah Akhbar! The police are a bunch of tit-headed law fannies!" and hope for suicide by cop before the virus does me in.

BlodwynPig

4am ramble ok? Might see some deer

*BANG! BLUE LIGHTS, HELICOPTERS, PRISON CELL*

Johnny Yesno

Yes, it's more Novara links. Well, they've been great during this crisis.

Shifting The Blame: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb9Yw4gU-Bw

Covid-19 Ask Me Anything - W/ Dr Rita Issa + Dr Timesh Pillay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ88AnShHUo

Blumf

Quote from: Captain Crunch on March 29, 2020, 02:55:57 PM
Set the example don't be the example?  Tune in next week for 'it is what it is'.  Christ.

"Simples!"

Dyl Spinks

Peter Hitchens has an interesting blog on this today.

Pranet

Gove says half an hour if you are running, an hour if you are walking and inbetween that if you are cycling.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/article/michael-gove-tells-joggers-to-limit-exercise-stints-to-30-minutes-amid-coronavirus-lockdown

Fuck that. On my days off I've been spending a long time exercising. So long as you are not breathing into people's faces what does it matter. Better than being at home letting the news send me slowly mad.

Actually what annoys me more is the way the rules seem to have been left for the police and for Gove on Marr to make up as they want. In France I believe they have officially made the rule an hour no more than a kilometre from you home-  but at least you know exactly where you stand.

idunnosomename

All police are just trumped up prefects and need clear instructions what they are to enforce or they'll just be the agents of elderly curtain-twitching ratbags

chveik

QDRPHNC

Quote from: Pranet on March 29, 2020, 03:55:04 PM
Gove says half an hour if you are running, an hour if you are walking and inbetween that if you are cycling.

Sounds very scientific.

bgmnts

I went out and had 10kg of veg in my bag. Do I get extra time out walking with the added weight?

Pranet

Quote from: bgmnts on March 29, 2020, 04:09:33 PM
I went out and had 10kg of veg in my bag. Do I get extra time out walking with the added weight?

No the weight of the vegetables means that you have had more exercise than your daily allowance. 

massive bereavement

I was out over an hour and a half yesterday because I had to queue for 45 minutes with loads of other people about. I also walk past many other people on the way to and from the shops.

If I go for a walk along the hill tops for a couple of hours, which is in the opposite direction, there's a fair chance I won't have to walk past anybody at all.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

So an hour walking.

I will of course need to walk to the walking route and walk back from the walking route. Cool right cheers.