Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:36:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

POLICE STATE BRITAIN THREAD

Started by idunnosomename, March 29, 2020, 01:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: QDRPHNC on March 29, 2020, 04:04:23 PM
Quote from: Pranet on March 29, 2020, 03:55:04 PM
Gove says half an hour if you are running, an hour if you are walking and inbetween that if you are cycling.
Sounds very scientific.

I was just thinking it sounds like he's applying the theory of special relativity, or something. Although, cyclists should get less time out and about than walkers and joggers, in that case.

Sebastian Cobb

In Glasgow they nicked some people congregating in a park because they saw them with a helicopter.

I do hope the helicopter radioed it in while seeing to other business, because it seems a bit much just to fly one around looking for people milling about.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/lockdown-rule-breakers-slapped-anti-21762216

idunnosomename

Should have shot a hellfire missile at them

Johnny Yesno

Yet NHS workers still don't have the correct PPE:

https://twitter.com/chrystinajames/status/1244053502147641345

Quote from: Chrystina James, MD, MPH @chrystinajames
My mom is a nurse. On Sunday, she took care of patients without appropriate PPE. Today, after days of fevers to 103, cough, and dyspnea, she tested COVID+. This is not okay. We shouldn't have to accept this. We deserve better.
12:07 am · 29 Mar 2020

And sites for non essential construction work were still open on Friday. This 'lockdown' is a sham.

H-O-W-L

ATTENTION PLEASE
UNIDENTIFIED PERSON OF INTEREST
CONFIRM YOUR CIVIL STATUS
WITH LOCAL PROTECTION TEAMS
IMMEDIATELY

Captain Z

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 29, 2020, 04:43:44 PM
In Glasgow they nicked some people congregating in a park because they saw them with a helicopter.

Gathering in a park to play with a helicopter isn't really essential or responsible though is it.

shiftwork2

A hovering Glasgow Police helicopter would cause me to leg it tbf.

Jasha

Quote from: H-O-W-L on March 29, 2020, 04:59:51 PM
ATTENTION PLEASE
IMMEDIATELY

Johnny Yesno

I always thought the ED-209 was the most threatening-looking of vocal mics.

weekender

This might be a controversial opinion but I think that, on balance, I'm in favour of the Police.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: weekender on March 29, 2020, 05:50:15 PM
This might be a controversial opinion but I think that, on balance, I'm in favour of the Police.

Thank you for taking the time to state your views on the Police.

weekender

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on March 29, 2020, 05:56:29 PM
Thank you for taking the time to state your views on the Police.

Thank you for complimenting me and staying positive in these troubled times.

Jasha

Quote from: weekender on March 29, 2020, 05:50:15 PM

Even after Synchronicity!?

rue the polywhirl

Thing is, Sting's solo work is so much better. I am in agreement with NWA. Down with the Police.

weekender

Quote from: Jasha on March 29, 2020, 06:01:51 PM

Don't think I've seen it.

50% on Rotten Tomatoes and I think I'm going to remain in my position.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on March 29, 2020, 04:59:43 PM
Yet NHS workers still don't have the correct PPE:

https://twitter.com/chrystinajames/status/1244053502147641345

And sites for non essential construction work were still open on Friday. This 'lockdown' is a sham.

NHS America

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: Jasha on March 29, 2020, 06:01:51 PM

In these unprecedented, uncertain times it's reassuring to know that the "Police" joke is still raising the roof. Some things will stay the same.

weekender

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on March 29, 2020, 06:41:42 PM
In these unprecedented, uncertain times it's reassuring to know that the "Police" joke is still raising the roof. Some things will stay the same.

Stay safe :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GHe5BPb6Yg

Sebastian Cobb

Timeless. Like saying it's 'Phil Collins' outside.

KennyMonster

What was said by 80's pop kids[nb]actually Alan Moore in 2000AD[/nb] still holds up today.

"Madness: better than The Police"

KennyMonster

Quote from: H-O-W-L on March 29, 2020, 04:59:51 PM
ATTENTION PLEASE
IMMEDIATELY

The next thing coming to us is book burning.

Ray Bradbury wrote a short story "The Pedestrian" which was about a man who preferred to go for a stroll in the evenings rather than stay in and watch TV.
It was the pre-cursor to Farenheit 451.

http://www.riversidelocalschools.com/Downloads/pedestrian%20short%20story.pdf

H-O-W-L

Quote from: KennyMonster on March 29, 2020, 07:22:50 PM
The next thing coming to us is book burning.

Ray Bradbury wrote a short story "The Pedestrian" which was about a man who preferred to go for a stroll in the evenings rather than stay in and watch TV.
It was the pre-cursor to Farenheit 451.

http://www.riversidelocalschools.com/Downloads/pedestrian%20short%20story.pdf

I was actually quoting Half-Life 2, a dystopian sci-fi first-person-shooter video game. It takes place on an Earth that has been conquered by a gestalt species of aliens that turn the world into a totalitarian hellscape.

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 29, 2020, 01:03:19 PM
Rozzers getting a hard-on about the lockdown and seem to have invented some arbitrary one-hour caveat to the exercise rule

oh great, it's like fascism except they talk to use like an Innocent Smoothie
and shit like closing off canal towpaths. fuck off copper. they're public walkways

https://twitter.com/PoliceMacc/status/1243913532061745152

anyway fuck the police.

Look they are just trying to stop people getting out for no reason, I'm surprised thy haven't done all this earlier. By the way do you come across like a petulant little child in real life or this just your online persona?

Zetetic

Trying out all the towpaths themselves.

greencalx

We went out for a Gove-compliant walk this afternoon (not intentionally: I wasn't aware of his latest pronouncement until we got back). Along with pretty much everyone else in the neighbourhood, as it happened. As empty buses drove by. So yeah.