Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:12:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sleeping patterns / Body clock

Started by Kryton, March 29, 2020, 11:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kryton

Mine is all fucked. Can't sleep when I need to, then having a 'nap' in the afternoon and then waking up when it's dark. Sounds like a terrible alcoholic thing to say but I need some booze or wine or something to knock me out for a bit.

This is how I felt a few years ago when I was living in a crummy flat and felt depressed. But this time I don't feel depressed, just isolated.

Body clock is fucked mate.

What about you lot?

bgmnts

Best circadian rhythm I've had in probably years; wake up at 8, get up at half past, cwtch down at 10-11, asleep within the hour. FULL SLEEP as well. Still tired as fuck but I dont even care FULL SLEEP is like unicorn cum.

idunnosomename

who gives a fuck. if the clock says 6pm, drink booze, eat, fall asleep. thats my motto

come, sweet death

come blessed quiet!
come, lead me to peace,
because I am tired of the world,
come, I am waiting for you,
come soon and lead me,
close my eyes,
come on peace!

haha come.

PeasOnSticks

Going to bed later and later - time seems to be going suspiciously fast.

Buelligan

Sorry to hear you're not sleeping so well.  I'm good.  Feel better than when I'm working.  A lot of my work was in the evenings.  Trying to come down after working really hard, finding it difficult to sleep until the early hours.  I never drink alcohol or coffee any more, think that helps.  Also, maybe, try making yourself get up earlyish or not letting yourself nap in the afternoon, might help you sleep later in the evening and reset your pattern.  Hope it improves.

shiftwork2

You need structure.  Imagine you are a gammon expat living in Marbella with an empty calendar.  Bad form to get stuck into a sharpener before the sun's over the yardarm (9.30 am).  If you take breakfast around 9 you can slip from your eggs into a gin quite seamlessly.  Then you just sort of razz it.  Gives the day a bit of discipline.

Thomas

My working day begins at 9:30am, so I've been setting my alarm for half eight and getting out of bed at 9:29.

thenoise

I have a little pink wriggling screaming alarm clock which wakes me up at 5am on the dot every morning.

Buelligan

Did it wake you at 4am this morning?  Or did you remember to reset it?

C_Larence

Been falling asleep anywhere from 7-10am, and waking up anywhere from 4-6pm. I've always been a night person, as I understand a lot of other people with ADHD are, as there are typically less distractions, so it's been quite nice actually. Obviously haven't got shit done at all, but I've been able to focus on it.

Ian Drunken Smurf

Somehow managed to get the kids to bed "at the old time" last night - hopefully it stays like this so they are in bed for longer!

sirhenry

Chemotherapy reset my body clock so that I wake up between 4.45 and 5am every morning, regardless of whether I went to sleep at 10pm or 2am. I tried all sorts to reset it: naps/no naps, alcohol, weed, exercise, cutting out tea and coffee, all sorts and nothing has made a difference. And I live in an area that is usually noisy until midnight/1am so I've just learned to survive on less sleep. And the quiet mornings have been lovely, especially going out for a walk before the city starts moving.

The weird thing is that the waking time changes with the clocks, so I still woke just before (the new) 5am yesterday and today. Makes no sense to me, but then again obviously my brain is fucked.

imitationleather

If I didn't have something to get up for in the morning I'd be bang in trouble during all this. After years of abuse it seems my natural state is to stay up until morning and get up in the afternoon. Now I go to bed about midnight and wake up at 8am, but I find it takes a good few hours before my brain is working properly at all. I dunno about you lot but I find every night I have a couple of hours of lying in bed with my mind thinking in overdrive before I do finally get to sleep. No idea how to change that. My girlfriend seems to fall asleep as soon as her head hits the pillow.

It gets said so often that it's a bit of a cliche, but it's really true: When you drink to get to sleep you get terrible rest, so try to avoid it if possible.

alan nagsworth

Yeah, going to bed completely sober is the best way for me to sleep, since if I've had a drink but not enough to be plastered I find it very hard to shut off my anxiety and the inevitable sprawling hellscape of self-loathing that quickly sets in afterwards. Fortunately I've largely resisted the charms of booze during all this (lol, fucks sake it's only been a week) and have restricted any consumption of it until the weekend when my partner will have a beer with me. Otherwise it just feels fucking bleak.

I'm pleasantly surprised that my sleeping pattern so far has been manageable. I force myself up every day and go to bed before midnight. Having a structured day planner quickly snapped that into place which I am pleased about. But I think if I lived alone I would have basically zero discipline and I'd be smoking weed and staying up till 4am binge-watching old series of Red Dwarf, so I'm glad I moved out of a rather debauched shared house and into this place a mere two months before this shite kicked off.