Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:13:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Bloodshot

Started by Famous Mortimer, March 31, 2020, 03:15:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Famous Mortimer

Do you want to see a shockingly bad English accent from Lamorne Morris? Or Guy Pearce trying to sound Irish for some reason? Do you want to see 53 year old Vin Diesel flirt with 30 year old Eiza Gonzalez? Do you want some nice obvious uncanny valley CGI work? Then come see "Bloodshot"!

I liked it. It felt like a Robocop-style big budget B movie more than it did a Marvel epic. I don't know if that's what they're aiming for, but it was fun. I presume the virus fucked it at the box office, but it wouldn't suck to see more movies from this stable. I'm not going to think about the silliness of it too much, but...eh, it could have been a lot worse.

samadriel

I caught it a few days before the cinemas shut down, I... liked the Coming to America reference. Actually, it was alright, not as good as the comics, but that's inevitable. Vin Diesel's an odd choice to start a new franchise with, given his age (which showed), but that's not my problem. I agree that it seemed like a high fidelity B movie, and it was more fun for that reason.

I thought the vfx were particularly good, that bit with the illusory naval base forming around them was nice.

samadriel

Butchers Blind

Lovely location work in Soho.

Benjaminos

That bit made me laugh. They didn't even bother changing the number plates on the cars. Where even was it? Looked South American.