Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:28:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Classic April Fools Joke.

Started by H-O-W-L, April 01, 2020, 03:14:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H-O-W-L

Something clatteringly implausible is now a reality! Oh wait, no it's not. You're a twat! Aren't corporations so down to earth?

bgmnts

I'm going to pretend I died and see if anyone reacts then go april fools.

Of course if I actually died it would be a bit awkward.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Go and fetch me the tartan paint please.

Replies From View

It's a great opportunity to just lie to people all morning. 

I'm reading a fascinating book at the moment... April Fool's I'm actually not!

I might buy some milk soon as I'm running out... April Fool's I actually have loads!!

Thoroughly worthwhile use of everyone's energy.

dissolute ocelot

Mel and Sue have a new tv show in which they play assassins.

KennyMonster

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on April 01, 2020, 09:48:34 AM
Mel and Sue have a new tv show in which they play assassins.

Oh, it's two people?

I thought she was called Melon-Sue because her head is like a melon.

Replies From View

Haha guess what everybody it's totally snowing if you look out of your window!!

Also your old English teacher is outside with a legal document stating that you have to complete some unfinished coursework or go to prison.

idunnosomename

you dropped your white cis privilege card!!!!!!!!!!!

Artie Fufkin

Quote from: KennyMonster on April 01, 2020, 09:51:13 AM
Oh, it's two people?

I thought she was called Melon-Sue because her head is like a melon.

Proper LOLZ

Artie Fufkin

I have a blue car.

NO I DON'T IT'S WHITE YOU CRETINS!

Cuellar

idunnosomename

Ho ho ho brass neck Margaret Hodge there gives it away!!! Utterly unbelievable!!!!

Replies From View

did you know that spaghetti grows on trees, chortle

idunnosomename

Quote from: Replies From View on April 01, 2020, 02:09:54 PM
did you know that spaghetti grows on trees, chortle
good old auntie!!!!!

thenoise

Been fake wheezing and coughing all morning, my wife has been in tears thinking I've got the 'rona. She cooked breaky and lunch and now she's out doing my shopping. Can't wait to see her face when she comes home and sees me right as rain! Ho ho her face is gonna be a picture!

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: thenoise on April 01, 2020, 03:08:09 PM
Been fake wheezing and coughing all morning, my wife has been in tears thinking I've got the 'rona. She cooked breaky and lunch and now she's out doing my shopping. Can't wait to see her face when she comes home and sees me right as rain! Ho ho her face is gonna be a picture!

Jokes on you, because it turns out she caught the Rona while she was out, and now she's lying dead in a skip.

Small Man Big Horse

Did any of the papers / popular sites do April Fools Jokes this year? I saw a couple of piss poor attempts on Facebook (Judge Dredd to be killed off / Your mum to have sex with only one person a day) but otherwise didn't come across any.

touchingcloth

A "mate" sent a What Is App message of a picture of a large back gentleman's nagged torso from the waist up, and when you clicked on of it revealed his lower half as well and - spoiler! - instead of a cock he had a minge!!!

Quote from: touchingcloth on April 01, 2020, 10:55:26 PM
A "mate" sent a What Is App message of a picture of a large back gentleman's nagged torso from the waist up, and when you clicked on of it revealed his lower half as well and - spoiler! - instead of a cock he had a minge!!!

Lmao legend

thenoise

Fairly niche one on a facebook music group I belong to, about the discovery of a seventh Bach cello suite amoung Elgar's paperwork that, of course, turns out to be uncannily similar to Elgar's famous concerto. The actual suite is a fine bit of parody/reworking but I guess a talented cellist/arranger has nothing better to do right now. A solid 7/10 from me.

Edit: it's here.

Johnny Yesno

There was this one: https://agreenergoogle.com/

I think the motive behind it makes it a bit different from the usual shite.

In 1987, the Guardian published a blurred photo of a man with a beard, saying it was thought to be from Japan fifty years or so before the earliest known photo.  When I read it was found in the Outer Fokus Mountains, I realised it was a joke.

Hand Solo

A day late and a dollar short but:

Why has this started appearing on all my Facebook comments all of a sudden? If I hover over the [?] it says "Only people who manage this page can see who posted a comment."

Just a fuck up? Thought I'd been reported or something but it seems this is happening recently to others.

Ambient Sheep

Almost got caught by this -- the first and only(?) one I've seen in the wild this year -- popping up in my Chrome suggestions thingy, two days late.

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/jodie-quits-julia-foster-is-the-14th-doctor-with-david-tennant-as-companion-93578.htm

Hilarious.  My sides are splitting.  Not.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Hand Solo on April 03, 2020, 08:55:36 AM
A day late and a dollar short but:

Why has this started appearing on all my Facebook comments all of a sudden? If I hover over the [?] it says "Only people who manage this page can see who posted a comment."

Just a fuck up? Thought I'd been reported or something but it seems this is happening recently to others.

I don't get it. Is the bit you're commenting on cropped out at the top?

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on April 03, 2020, 04:08:06 PM
Almost got caught by this -- the first and only(?) one I've seen in the wild this year -- popping up in my Chrome suggestions thingy, two days late.

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/jodie-quits-julia-foster-is-the-14th-doctor-with-david-tennant-as-companion-93578.htm

QuoteChris Chibnall will remain in his position as the popular showrunner.

Over egged it, there,

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on April 03, 2020, 04:08:06 PM

Wow, that's weak and then some, the concept is poor from the get go and having Tennant as a companion surely meant no one believed it for a second. Oddly enough The Doctor Who Companion also posted an April Fool's story that I only saw today, it's not quite as unfunny but it's also fairly rubbish - https://thedoctorwhocompanion.com/2020/04/01/the-meddling-monk-to-return-in-musical-doctor-who-series-13-episode/