Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:46:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Has all this hand washing fucked up anyone else's hands?

Started by Sebastian Cobb, April 01, 2020, 12:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

I don't normally have sensitive skin, but my hands are itchy and flaky. I used to be a potwash and that never irritated them.

In normal times I'd pick up some moisturiser when I'm passing somewhere that sells it or buy posher hand soap but neither of those things are simple under lockdown.

Fambo Number Mive

Egyptian Feast

I've been using my partner's aqueous cream after washing with hand wash the last few days and the papery feeling has gone away from the back of my hands and my knuckles aren't cracking. Plus, it's an extra wash in case you missed a little patch of COVID the first time.

gib

I'm washing my hands after every time i serve a customer so they were getting fucked ragged. Got myself a pumper of Norweigan Formula off of the internet for £3.50 and it works really well.

Butchers Blind

Get some soap that has moisturiser in it.  Remember to mark it down as one of your essential items when shopping.

SpiderChrist

Really good for a good long nasty wank keeping my eczema under control.

Pdine

Manticore semen is good for that but of course under present circumstances there's none to be had anywhere.

Glebe

My hands were already fucked from OCD washing before all this.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Pdine on April 01, 2020, 03:42:24 PM
Manticore semen is good for that but of course under present circumstances there's none to be had anywhere.

Banned ages ago, the New Yorker comic thread was great though

Cuntbeaks

Quote from: weekender on April 01, 2020, 05:28:28 PM
Personally I recommend this stuff:

I've been using that stuff for years to keep my psoriasis from drying out and making me look like a leper. Industrial strength moisturising.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: weekender on April 01, 2020, 05:28:28 PM
Personally I recommend this stuff:

That might be a good shout, I looked on Amazon (sold out) and Ebay for Nutrogena after someone mentioned 'Norwegian Formula' and I googled what it was and found shitehawks were puting 3 small tubes for about a tenner but it looks like the better stuff aimed at people with slightly more sensitive skin is flying under the radar. Cheers!

olliebean

Suddenly remembered I have loads of Aldi moisturising face wash that I bought last year when I thought they were going to discontinue it, so I'm washing my hands with that now.

idunnosomename

Who would have thought the old man had so much cum in him

the midnight watch baboon

Butchers Blind

Don't forget to moisturise your tadgers during this lockdown.  It can rough on the poor fellas.

the midnight watch baboon

It's true; our purple-headed mountains need particularly sensitive loving at this difficult time.

Aleister Growley

Actually, it's the opposite for me. As a fruit and veg man on the market, my hands are usually gnarly and not unlike tree bark. Now, thanks to latex gloves and only working twice a fucking week, I have the beautiful hands of a Bangkok ladyboy, or an office worker. Sweet.

Zetetic

Did see some stuff about primary care and contact dermatitis enquiry rates early in all of this, but I don't know if it came to anything.

Dewt

I can't imagine being somebody who troubles any healthcare professional about their dry fucking hands during this. They're the same people who would think it's worth bothering returning some fruit to a supermarket because they decided it was too manky. Stop clogging up the planet with your soggy needs

Over-zealous use of isopropyl alcohol during this made my hands crack and bleed but I just sucked it up and moisturised like any reasonable person would.

Cloud

Weirdly just one knuckle but yeah cracked and bleeding

olliebean

The moisturising face wash is preventing the skin on my hands from drying up but weirdly making it very shiny. It doesn't make my face look shiny, so I don't know what's going on there.

ollyboro

Quote from: olliebean on April 02, 2020, 09:41:47 PM
The moisturising face wash is preventing the skin on my hands from drying up but weirdly making it very shiny. It doesn't make my face look shiny, so I don't know what's going on there.
Shiny palms is the dream.

Rev+

Always get it a bit due to walking about in cold weather, but have had really deep cuts on the joints due to the additional washing.  Have to wear an array of plasters when doing paperwork because the blood gets everywhere but they don't sodding stay on, do they.

The appropriately-named Abnormal Palm is bang on about O'Keeffe's - you don't need to keep applying it, just whacking it on the cuts at night will sort them out in a week or so.