Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 02:35:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Mister Winner

Started by chrispmartha, April 02, 2020, 08:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrispmartha

Anyone caught any of this?

Spencer Jones sitcom on BBC2, I thought it was alright, got me chuckling pretty much all the way through, fairly broad physical comedy thing but didn't know about it and accidentally caught it on last night.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Amusing in an updated " Lucky Feller" ( starring David Jason) sort of way.

I wonder what Cheryl Hall's up to nowadays?

timebug

Last I heard Cheryl Hall had gone into politics, as a councillor possibly a prospective M.P. Dunno if she made it!

Small Man Big Horse

I've only seen the first episode but was massively disappointed by it, the whole thing was about Jones faking being a pianist and they stretched a five minute (at best) sketch over thirty minutes in a fairly dull manner. Which surprised as I'm normally a huge, huge fan of Spencer's, but I thought this really wasted him, and Lucy Pearman, too, for that matter who's stand up show was one of the best things I saw last year but she gets little to do in this. I'll give the second episode a shot to see if it's any better, but I'm not optimistic I'll suddenly fall in love with it.

Bazooka

Whats the screen time of Barry from EastEnders?  As that is your point of sale really.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: timebug on April 02, 2020, 09:53:15 AM
Last I heard Cheryl Hall had gone into politics, as a councillor possibly a prospective M.P. Dunno if she made it!
She stood for parliament in 1997 (for Labour), according to Wikipedia. Also some time on Kent CC, but no longer, as Kent is now as blue as the sea, your eyes, dead babies, etc.

SteveDave

Matt Morgan spoke about this on his podcast (as he wrote it) but he didn't seem too enthusiastic about it. Which is a bit strange but then on one of his "Isolation" podcasts he talks about how "When this is all over" he's going to get things made that he's really passionate about so maybe this was something he did for the £££?

Glebe

[tag]A dog in a Kleenex box.[/tag]

Jake Thingray

He once did a fine job of defending some lesbians and criticising Richard Littlejohn.

Small Man Big Horse

The series one finale is now up on BBC iPlayer but I had exactly the same issues with it as I did the first episode, for my liking it's too subdued, too mundane and low key, and really wastes both Jones and Pearman's talents.