Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:43:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

strange times

Started by Gregory Torso, April 02, 2020, 03:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregory Torso

Someone has just driven past the flats where I live in what looked like one of those old black and white Crown Victoria 70s cop cars with a massive loudhailer on top of it blaring "you'll never walk alone" at an insane volume.

Captain Z

Except this is one of the few times in human history where you absolutely definitely should walk alone.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Gregory Torso on April 02, 2020, 03:23:53 PM
Someone has just driven past the flats where I live in what looked like one of those old black and white Crown Victoria 70s cop cars with a massive loudhailer on top of it blaring "you'll never walk alone" at an insane volume.

There was a period, perhaps in the early to mid 90s, when this kind of mad, wonky shit would occur fairly regularly.

DAYS ARE GONE

idunnosomename

wake me up when corona ends

Sin Agog

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 02, 2020, 08:21:40 PM
There was a period, perhaps in the early to mid 90s, when this kind of mad, wonky shit would occur fairly regularly.

It mostly manifested itself in the form of ravers with pointy hats.

Do you live in Liverpool by any chance OP?

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 02, 2020, 11:08:16 PM

Andrew Ridgely considers song rewrite, including verse 'Mrs Nurse, please don't you go-go.  See my ventilator both sucks and blows-blows.'

Ferris

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 02, 2020, 11:08:16 PM

Green Day cash-in single "a success"

Abnormal Palm

I had a dream that everyone was just milling about as normal and woke up and I realised how strange this really is. I've taken it in my stride for a long while, keeping my eye on the longer-term outcomes, encouraging people not to wave it away, focusing on what I can do in the present to minimise risk for myself, my family, my friends, my colleagues and clients, but over the last 48 hours, I've started to see beyond the practicalities of individual responsibility to a much wider, starker, stranger perspective of what it is to exist at this moment, in practice.

It's not an existentialist/absurdist type of realisation, rather than a very strong feeling that 'normal life' has gone, or at least changed significantly. I'm extremely lucky in that my wife and I still get paid in full (key workers) and I have the privilege of a legitimate reason to leave the house each day, as well as the luxury to work from home when I want to. I have exercise equipment and infinite entertainment, I live in the countryside. I have it a lot easier than most right no, and yet we're all in the position that in many respects, our way of life, our culture, our pastimes, our charitable enterprises and our whims are simply not available or compatible with the world as it is.

I sit in my garden and hear the diligent mumblings of a woodcock. I breakfast on smoked salmon, scrambled eggs and black coffee. My cats yawn in unison and stare at me expectantly. But this is not Friday morning.

Dewt

Check your calendar mate

Wet Blanket

Quote from: Gregory Torso on April 02, 2020, 03:23:53 PM

Very much hope this is some KLF daftness

idunnosomename

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on April 03, 2020, 01:57:24 AM
Green Day cash-in single "a success"
yeah it was meant as a reference to the "i walk alone" refrain. you win one egg

edit: oh fuck thats a different song lol