Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:58:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Fresh Adam and Joe content coming soon?

Started by Replies From View, April 03, 2020, 09:05:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

Joe has been recording a podcast-type interaction with Adam to go with the audiobook version of Adam's new book 'Ramblebook'.  And he has additionally told Adam that due to the coronavirus lockdown he is now indoors and available for any podcasting that he might like to do.

So, fingers crossed for some fresh Adam and Joe content in the upcoming weeks.  If that never happens (which I am confident it will) we can at least discuss the 'Ramblebook' audio content here.

Puce Moment

New podcasts would be fabulous, especially now that Joe has become a less obstreperous prick.

Replies From View

I wasn't able to share where I got the information because it was from Joe's instagram account, and instagram - on the phone at least - doesn't let you copy and paste people's text easily. 

I've since taken a screenshot, and I'm now at my computer where it is easier to share images.  So you can see for yourselves!

selectivememory

That's cool. Adam did say on one of the new podcasts that he's likely to record a new episode with Joe during the lockdown, but it would be nice if they did something outside of the Adam Buxton Podcast as well.

Twit 2

Weren't they supposed to be guests on RHLSTP?

Pranet

Yes they were going to do a gig in Norwich I think.

Pranet

Adam Buxton seems to have deleted his twitter account.

idunnosomename

He was always paranoid of being cancelled. There is an account at @AdamBuxton but that might be someone snapping up the handle

MigraineBoy

Quote from: Pranet on April 03, 2020, 12:01:57 PM
Adam Buxton seems to have deleted his twitter account.

He tells Daisy Haggard how he's "not on twitter" and I know he originally said he was going to limit his visits to write the book / manage anxiety, but it looks like he deleted it altogether...which seems a little counterproductive for when it's actually time to promote the book.

Mango Chimes

Quote from: MigraineBoy on April 03, 2020, 12:19:32 PM
He tells Daisy Haggard how he's "not on twitter" and I know he originally said he was going to limit his visits to write the book / manage anxiety, but it looks like he deleted it altogether...which seems a little counterproductive for when it's actually time to promote the book.

He doesn't need Twitter to promote his book. Who's following him on Twitter and not listening to his podcast? Being on Twitter is all risk, no reward.

MigraineBoy

Quote from: Mango Chimes on April 03, 2020, 02:34:45 PM
Who's following him on Twitter and not listening to his podcast?.
I'd imagine 1000s. Listening to a podcast requires some form of effort, hitting follow requires far less. To some people following him he'll just be the weird guy from dictionary corner.

Whether these followers would equate into sales is another matter but the potential reach when your celeb mates have RT'd your book promo would be far greater.

Twitter is a hole, I'm not disputing that, as a promotional tool you think he'd have stuck around a little longer.

Dewt

I think Adam is acutely aware that a misstep on social media could really hurt his career and that he is prone to making a misstep.

selectivememory

Another benefit of him not being on Twitter is that he'll avoid having Glinner tweet at him 20 times a day asking him to define what a woman is.

Mango Chimes

I do wonder about Adam's relationship with Linehan. Either way, better to be out of reach.

Louis will tweet about his book. For the vanishing percentage of people to be served a tweet, see the tweet, read the tweet, act on the tweet, he's covered by a close mate who's got 2.1M followers.

idunnosomename

Quote from: selectivememory on April 03, 2020, 07:45:07 PM
Another benefit of him not being on Twitter is that he'll avoid having Glinner tweet at him 20 times a day asking him to define what a woman is.
lmao this would def happen

popcorn

Yes please Adam and Joe!

Quote from: Replies From View on April 03, 2020, 09:05:26 AM
If that never happens (which I am confident it will)

boggled by this syntax.

Dewt

Why? I think you're making the mistake of thinking "If that never happens" implies that they expect it to never happen

Sebastian Cobb

wishful thinking... Adam and No more like!

popcorn

Quote from: Dewt on April 03, 2020, 08:44:24 PM
Why? I think you're making the mistake of thinking "If that never happens" implies that they expect it to never happen

No, it's the use of "which" instead of "but" to create a sort of (?) nonrestrictive clause, creating something similar to "that never happens which I am confident it will never happen".

It is BANANAS.

Sin Agog

Quote from: Dewt on April 03, 2020, 07:38:24 PM
I think Adam is acutely aware that a misstep on social media could really hurt his career and that he is prone to making a misstep.

It might be that.  My guess is he started to go a bit haywire stuck indoors (or his shed- I'm pretty sure he has a shed...He seems like a man with a shed, the kind of shed with an extension cord and no spiders) doing the irrational, frantic refresh-refresh-refresh thing, and decided to cut off the temptation.

Mango Chimes

Quote from: Sin Agog on April 03, 2020, 11:48:50 PM(or his shed- I'm pretty sure he has a shed...He seems like a man with a shed, the kind of shed with an extension cord and no spiders)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn5BeflRi_E[nb]I was actually looking for this, where he's tidied up a bit: https://vimeo.com/236418274[/nb]

Mister Six

Sgt. Duckie