Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 12:10:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Latex issue

Started by BlodwynPig, April 03, 2020, 12:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Very niche query.

I'm trying to submit a manuscript to a journal online. Their submission system says that at this stage you can submit a PDF file instead of Latex source until after review. However, this morning I got a message that they want the .tex file now.

I wrote the manuscript using Overleaf and there is a single style file not available with TexLive. However, I can't compile on my local machine as for some reason a load of Sty files are missing. I haven't used local latex for a few years so am trying to update by getting macTex, but broadband is slow, so 4GB is going to take a day to download.

I contacted the journal help and their very useful advice was "submit a word document". Fuck them.

This may not elicit a response, but has anyone had experience of Elsevier or other journal submission systems and latex?

For information: I use .tex file in Manuscript and have tried both an archive and individual files as Latex Source Files.

It looks like the compilation may only be using the Manuscript file and, thus, not seeing the other source files (the only errors I see in the output indicate this).

Thanks

Barry Admin