Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:03:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

If you desperately need emergency services...

Started by ZoyzaSorris, April 03, 2020, 05:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZoyzaSorris

You might struggle at the moment.  Perhaps unsurprising but I was slightly surprised by the level of struggle you might have.

Last night had someone in the household going through a medically induced non-covid related situation that had the potential to go south rapidly, had an hour's wait to get through to 111 phone service which was our first port of call but the 111 website was saying go to A&E immediately, not an option as person couldnt walk so tried ringing 999 for an ambulance. Was put through by the operator and then was on hold (to 999!) for 25 minutes with looping message - this is before you've even spoken to anyone or been triaged for priority in any way... ended up hanging up because we felt the danger had passed somewhat and we may as well just wait for 111 at this point but quite scary to think about the situation if you had someone collapsing from a heart attack or something... the ill person was ok by the morning so in this case it didn't matter but, ??

Nice relaxing nugget to add to the mix.

Alberon

This is my main worry in all of this. Not so much the Coronavirus itself but getting seriously ill with something else during The Event.

The next two or three weeks are going to be nasty.

Cloud

Yeah another reason we all need to STAY INDOORS, PROTECT THE NHS AND SAVE LIVES
Imagine having a heart attack and 999 is like "your call is important to us...." - grim

WoUlDnT hApPeN iF tHe NhS wAs PrIvAtIsEd

ZoyzaSorris

Thank you for your call to the *click* POLICE, regarding *click* ARMED MARAUDERS BOLLARDING MY DOOR DOWN, we are currently experiencing high call volumes, your call means so much to us, please hold, you are number *click* 542 in the call queue...

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

The ambulance service I work for is currently dealing with (well the call takers are) calls from London. We are the fourth choice ambulance service to deal with these calls after London, South East Coast and then South Central.

Zetetic

peanutbutter

I live 5 minutes from a hospital, if anything happens me I'm just gonna walk out onto the street and collapse

In the event of a heart attack, you can restart your heart by thinking really hard about Scott and Charlene's wedding.

idunnosomename

did you try clapping? this is satire, i am genuinely shocked by your predicament and can only offer my sincere sympathies in an abstract manner

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Al Tha Funkee Homosapien on April 03, 2020, 08:00:53 PM
The ambulance service I work for is currently dealing with (well the call takers are) calls from London. We are the fourth choice ambulance service to deal with these calls after London, South East Coast and then South Central.

'Sorry, we're really short staffed right now so we've flown Dre in to see you all the way from Compton'.

Glebe

Sorry you had to through this ZS, relieved to hear things panned out okay. Yes, its a fucking nerve-wracking time... hopefully we'll get an idea of whether of not the 'curve' is 'flattening' within the next week.