Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:43:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

WHINGE!

Started by Cerys, April 03, 2020, 09:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cerys

Dear ITV,

Why, ITV, when I'm streaming Midsomer Murders, can I not have subtitles?  Is it because you're a bunch of cunts, ITV?  Is that why?  Or ITV, is my smart TV just not smart enough?  You cunts?

Love from Cerys

bgmnts

I think even ITV would ask what you are doing streaming Midsomer Murders.

Cerys

I like Midsomer Murders.  So nyer.

Sebastian Cobb

idunnosomename

dont you know theres a war on

shiftwork2

A bloke I work with got his kitchen in Midsomer Murders.

popcorn

My mum calls Midsomer Murders "Pleasant Murder".

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Cerys on April 03, 2020, 10:01:42 PM
I like Midsomer Murders.  So nyer.

Funnily enough, post Nettles is much better, he should have stuck with Bergerac

Cerys

Quote from: shiftwork2 on April 03, 2020, 10:08:01 PM
A bloke I work with got his kitchen in Midsomer Murders.

I keep looking out for my ex's parents' place - they lived in a thatched cottage in Hampshire.  No luck yet, though.

pigamus

Gorgeous voice, John Nettles. You never hear him mentioned in lists when that comes up but he should be. Seems like a good lad as well.

Glebe

I've never watched MM, but Nettles' tenure with the Jersey police must have stood him in good stead for the Midsomer job!

pancreas

Is this not the perfect time to mount a social media campaign against ITV??! I have 40 followers. If you put them to the fight, they are yours.

the

Quote from: popcorn on April 03, 2020, 10:46:59 PMMy mum calls Midsomer Murders "Pleasant Murder".

Sounds like a French euphemism for orgasm

Butchers Blind

I've never seen one episode of MM.  Is it worth wasting my lockdown time with?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Butchers Blind on April 04, 2020, 11:40:39 AM
I've never seen one episode of MM.  Is it worth wasting my lockdown time with?

Post-Nettles is good, Neil Dudgeon plays the lead with acerbic wit and black humour, like a funnier Morse

Malcy

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 03, 2020, 10:03:31 PM

The STV player is an absolute fucking disgrace. I use a Manchester postcode to use the ITV player so that I don't have to use the STV player.

There's more ads, the same ads repeated 3 or 4 times in a row and even more ads. It also annoys me a bit that there's no subtitles on the ITV player but a least I don't have to use the STV one.

Wasn't there talk of ITV having access to the code which underpins the BBC's iPlayer?  i thought the BBC might open source it, or something.  Would make sense given that they're supposed to be a public service broadcaster.

paruses

Quote from: Cerys on April 03, 2020, 11:55:22 PM
I keep looking out for my ex's parents' place - they lived in a thatched cottage in Hampshire.  No luck yet, though.

It's filmed in Oxfordshire isn't it? Round Lewknor and other places I can't remember the names of. That might just be the Nettles days though.