Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:38:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Takeaways

Started by Icehaven, April 04, 2020, 10:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icehaven

So we're all actually being encouraged to get loads of takeaways wooo! support local businesses in this time of crisis as it helps them out, particularly ones that have changed their business model to become takeaways, and eat in a way we're normally told is lazy, expensive and unhealthy. I am totally on board with this, being by nature lazy, profligate and unhealthy, however Mr. H is reluctant as he thinks someone might have coughed on it, or that the delivery person might be diseased. I see his point, but pizza. Are you doing your bit and merrily living on Just Eat, or also of the mind that you don't know where it's been?

El Unicornio, mang

I got swine flu from an Indian takeaway back when it was going around, but I like them so much I'm continuing to risk it.

I can't believe anyone would order takeaway right now, from the unknown kitchen preperation situation to the just eat/deliveroo method of multple delivery people visiting different restaurants/customers they seem like a virus' distribution dream.

PlanktonSideburns

shouldnt they shut them down and offer them support?

seems totally unfair on everyone involved

risking killing people for PIZZA KEBABS BURGERS is well brexit

idunnosomename

as i said this pandemic unfortunately seems to make those who never leave the fucking house and sit on their fat arse eating junk and watching telly into hereos

bgmnts

On my walk yesterday the kebab van was still running.

Which blew my mind a bit, to be fair.

PlanktonSideburns

wife works in food place that has converted to a takeaway

shes fuming that theyre still allowed to go on

Butchers Blind

Surely this is the time to start experimenting in the kitchen, and not in a sexual way.

Captain Crunch

Surely this is the time to start experimenting in the kitchen, in a sexual way.

Butchers Blind

Quote from: Captain Crunch on April 04, 2020, 01:22:38 PM

Ok, as long as you remember to wash your hands.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: Captain Crunch on April 04, 2020, 01:22:38 PM

Lots of cumin

Dr Trouser

Had a Chinese last night. Not dead this morning.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

PIZZA KEBABS BURGERS

Ferris

I reckon the virus cant handle the HEAT so jalfrezi or hotter and you'll be alright.

thenoise

Quote from: bgmnts on April 04, 2020, 12:45:24 PM
On my walk yesterday the kebab van was still running.

Which blew my mind a bit, to be fair.

That tasty eh?

sirhenry

Thought about having a Chinese last night but on JustEat there are only 5 left in Leeds, with another 27 closed for the duration, if not forever. The 5 left are so expensive that we gave up on the idea, but not until we had a chance to drool over the idea of Fragrant Stir-fried Pork Intestines, Szechuan style.

I'm assuming we're having a generous serving of leftover stir-fried racism with our pandemic.

beanheadmcginty

Uber Eats have waived their delivery charges for the duration of corona so it's open season in my household. I've been mainly ordering Korean stuff. Given the Italian places a big swerve.

jobotic

Quote from: Dr Trouser on April 04, 2020, 02:55:06 PM
Had a Chinese last night. Not dead this morning.

The bloke who delivered it is.

Sebastian Cobb

I bought some msg to up my chinese chicken curry game.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: sirhenry on April 04, 2020, 04:18:03 PM
Thought about having a Chinese last night but on JustEat there are only 5 left in Leeds, with another 27 closed for the duration, if not forever.
Did you check on their individual websites? I looked to order pizza Thursday and Just-Eat said they were closed, but their own website let me order. Fucking delicious too.

Abnormal Palm

Pangolin vol-au-vent

Cloud

Seem to recall the current thinking is that food and food packaging are of a very minimal risk.

Got a pizza in last night after much deliberation despite them not taking card payments - just left the money in a little freezer baggie thing on the doorstep, delivery guy exchanged it with a pizza.  Washed hands after touching the box just in the infinitesimal chance of catching anything from it.

The extra few seconds that would've been spent picking an extra thing up in the supermarket would've probably been more dangerous

idunnosomename

waiter waiter! what's this bat doing in my soup!

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Cloud on April 04, 2020, 09:32:21 PM
Seem to recall the current thinking is that food and food packaging are of a very minimal risk.

Got a pizza in last night after much deliberation despite them not taking card payments - just left the money in a little freezer baggie thing on the doorstep, delivery guy exchanged it with a pizza.  Washed hands after touching the box just in the infinitesimal chance of catching anything from it.

The extra few seconds that would've been spent picking an extra thing up in the supermarket would've probably been more dangerous

minimal risk to eater or staff?

Emma Raducanu

The idea of a takeaway holds no appeal to me at the minute. Part of the joy of the takeaway for me is having one at the end of a hard week. I strip down to my underpants, crack open a beer, open the door, greet the delivery boy, grab my food, slump on to the sofa, breathe a sigh of relief, open a box of kleenex then devour enough food for 6 people. If you've not worked for it. If you've scarcely burnt a single calorie all week, what's the point of a takeaway.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: DolphinFace on April 04, 2020, 10:58:55 PM
If you've scarcely burnt a single calorie all week, what's the point of a takeaway.

Cos it tastes nice! Also I'd say more reason to have it when we're on lockdown since people are presumably having to make their own meals a lot more and that can get tiresome.

I got offered 12 quid off any order over 5 quid (??) from Uber Eats but there are literally only four places in my area that are on there, and two of them have 2-3 star ratings.

ollyboro

On average we have between one to three takeaways a week; two to six a fortnight. Say, I dunno, seven or eight to twenty two to twenty eight a month. Something like ninety to three hundred and fiftyish a year. Not had one for weeks. I'm out of napkins and extra menus.

Gregory Torso

can't imagine anything shiter than a takeway maybe a handjob from ram man

idunnosomename