Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,185
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 767
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:58:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

5G Corona conspiracy theory [split topic]

Started by Mr Farenheit, April 04, 2020, 01:24:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Farenheit

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2020/apr/03/broadband-engineers-threatened-due-to-5g-coronavirus-conspiracies

Quoteconspiracy theories linking coronavirus to the roll-out of 5G technology spread by celebrities such as Amanda Holden prompt members of the public to abuse those maintaining vital mobile phone and broadband networks.

buttgammon

Quote from: Mr Farenheit on April 04, 2020, 01:24:10 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2020/apr/03/broadband-engineers-threatened-due-to-5g-coronavirus-conspiracies

Where does this shit even come from? I've seen lots of twitter spam about this 5G bollocks lately.

Also, who is the singer Anne Marie that the article says has spread the theory? Honestly never heard of her.

Fake edit: according to Wikipedia, one of her albums is called Speak Your Mind...

Quote from: buttgammon on April 04, 2020, 09:35:02 AM
Where does this shit even come from? I've seen lots of twitter spam about this 5G bollocks lately.

Also, who is the singer Anne Marie that the article says has spread the theory? Honestly never heard of her.

Fake edit: according to Wikipedia, one of her albums is called Speak Your Mind...

It's been rattling around the internet for a while before the virus hit. It's just more batshit conspiracy theory, ties into ideas about population control/reduction, installation of a one world government etc etc

What I find sort of interesting is how it's penetrated the mainstream, I'd assume at least in part it might be to do with lots anxious people now stuck indoors and on the internet trying to make sense of a scary situation. But fuck knows.

Also if buzby is about and could give a concise explanation about why it's a load of hourshit it could be useful just in terms of countering idiots you might meet spouting this shite.

Need a buzby signal.

jobotic

There's grafitti in massive letters near me that says CORONAVIRUS 19=5G

I don't know what they're on about and I'd imagine most people's reaction would be "yeah alright mate".

idunnosomename

remember c.1998 when mums used to get upset about new mobile phone masts near schools? IT'S BACK BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Endicott

buttgammon

Quote from: Foggy Buntwhistle on April 04, 2020, 10:29:39 AM
It's been rattling around the internet for a while before the virus hit. It's just more batshit conspiracy theory, ties into ideas about population control/reduction, installation of a one world government etc etc

What I find sort of interesting is how it's penetrated the mainstream, I'd assume at least in part it might be to do with lots anxious people now stuck indoors and on the internet trying to make sense of a scary situation. But fuck knows.

Also if buzby is about and could give a concise explanation about why it's a load of hourshit it could be useful just in terms of countering idiots you might meet spouting this shite.

Need a buzby signal.

That actually makes sense - a lot of people sat at home worrying with lots of time on their hands to browse the internet will spread stuff.

I second the request for a buzby post debunking this. My uncle has been banging on about how the virus is all some deliberate form of population control that has been unleashed by a 'mad scientist' who is working on behalf of the lizards, the Jews and the EU. He's inevitably going to jump on this 5G bandwagon at some stage, so a pre-made answer would be handy.

Icehaven

As long as you don't use 5G at the same time as eating bat soup it's perfectly safe.

BlodwynPig

Corbyn's Free Broadband SPREAD THE VIRUS

Boris' Free Broadband IS THE CURE!

Icehaven

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 04, 2020, 11:29:20 AM
remember c.1998 when mums used to get upset about new mobile phone masts near schools? IT'S BACK BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In about 2004 we had a regular customer in the library I worked in then who wouldn't stand less than 6ft away from the counter because of the "static" coming out of the cordless phone that she could apparently feel and which made her head hurt. Strangely it didn't affect her before she noticed it and saw people walking around with it, or if we saw her coming and moved it behind something.

Captain Crunch

If you tend to see things visually this might help:

Dex Sawash

buzby

Quote from: Foggy Buntwhistle on April 04, 2020, 10:29:39 AM

Need a buzby signal.

For in-depth general debunking of the 5G 'Death Ray' batshittery (DYSWIDT?) see the thread that Endicott linked to:
Quote from: Endicott on April 04, 2020, 11:41:50 AM
This thread had some interesting stuff posted a few months ago

https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=76268.0

TL:DR the streetlamps that absolute waste of DNA from Tyneside war looking at aren't even anything to do with 5G. He has however posted videos trying to say radiation from a 5G Cell mast caused the Grenfell fire, for which he deserves to be taken outside and stoned to death (apart from anything else, there  were no 5G cells outside of evaluation/test sites in the UK at the time).

As to how it's become linked to Covid-19, it seems to have originated from this video put up on youtube earlier this month by a group of anti-vaxxer knobends calling themselves Parents For Heathcare Rights. It shows some complete quack of a 'doctor' from San Francisco called Thomas Cowan (Amazon bibliography here, for fans of the healing power of woo) talking at one of their meetings. A bit of research shows that he had his physicians licence put on a stayed revocation and put on probation for 5 years in California in 2017 for prescribing bogus treatments to cancer patients over the phone.
https://www.davidgumpert.com/hot-alternative-doc-cowan-censured-ca-medical-authorities

His argument is that each time a new band of radio frequencies had been opened up (wireless telegraphy in WWI, RADAR in WWII, satellites and Hong Kong Flu in the 60s and now 5G) it has caused symptoms in humans that look like flu viruses, but is actually the cells in the body being poisoned by the electromagnetic waves and excreting toxins. The reason it started in Wuhan is supposedly because it was the first city fully covered by a 5G network.

Apart from all this being complete and utter snakeoil horseshit (God knows what cracker he got his medical certificate from), the Wuhan thing isn't remotely true, as it's just one of several Chinese cities where 5G trials took place, alongside Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Hangzhou. The electromagnetic radiation from any radio transmitter is non-ionising, i.e. it passes straight through the body and does not have anywhere near the energy levels to damage or mutate the DNA of cells, unlike UV, X-rays or nuclear radiation. All it can do is make the water molecules in your body vibrate to it's frequency, which at far higher power levels is how a microwave oven works (similar frequency range but hundreds of watts of power compared to tens or hundreds of milliwatts in a phone).

Add this complete fucktard to the list for taking outside and stoning.

We have had a couple of masts set on fire last night in Merseyside too. We are returning to the dark ages due to the shite spewed by these cunts and spread by morons. I look forward to being burnt as a witch.

touchingcloth

Quote from: buttgammon on April 04, 2020, 11:44:38 AM
That actually makes sense - a lot of people sat at home worrying with lots of time on their hands to browse the internet will spread stuff.

I second the request for a buzby post debunking this. My uncle has been banging on about how the virus is all some deliberate form of population control that has been unleashed by a 'mad scientist' who is working on behalf of the lizards, the Jews and the EU. He's inevitably going to jump on this 5G bandwagon at some stage, so a pre-made answer would be handy.

I don't think it needs proactively debunking, as it's self evidently a load of old shite. It's impossible to prove a negative, so just ask your uncle what the proof is that the virus was put together by a mad old Jewish lizard and see what his evidence is.

Quote from: Dex Sawash on April 04, 2020, 12:36:20 PM
I did a shit one a while back

Awesome.

And it works!
Quote from: buzby on April 04, 2020, 01:34:32 PM
For in-depth general debunking of the 5G 'Death Ray' batshittery (DYSWIDT?) see the thread that Endicott linked to:
TL:DR the streetlamps that absolute waste of DNA from Tyneside war looking at aren't even anything to do with 5G. He has however posted videos trying to say radiation from a 5G Cell mast caused the Grenfell fire, for which he deserves to be taken outside and stoned to death (apart from anything else, there  were no 5G cells outside of evaluation/test sites in the UK at the time).

As to how it's become linked to Covid-19, it seems to have originated from this video put up on youtube earlier this month by a group of anti-vaxxer knobends calling themselves Parents For Heathcare Rights. It shows some complete quack of a 'doctor' from San Francisco called Thomas Cowan (Amazon bibliography here, for fans of the healing power of woo) talking at one of their meetings. A bit of research shows that he had his physicians licence put on a stayed revocation and put on probation for 5 years in California in 2017 for prescribing bogus treatments to cancer patients over the phone.
https://www.davidgumpert.com/hot-alternative-doc-cowan-censured-ca-medical-authorities

His argument is that each time a new band of radio frequencies had been opened up (wireless telegraphy in WWI, RADAR in WWII, satellites and Hong Kong Flu in the 60s and now 5G) it has caused symptoms in humans that look like flu viruses, but is actually the cells in the body being poisoned by the electromagnetic waves and excreting toxins. The reason it started in Wuhan is supposedly because it was the first city fully covered by a 5G network.

Apart from all this being complete and utter snakeoil horseshit (God knows what cracker he got his medical certificate from), the Wuhan thing isn't remotely true, as it's just one of several Chinese cities where 5G trials took place, alongside Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Hangzhou. The electromagnetic radiation from any radio transmitter is non-ionising, i.e. it passes straight through the body and does not have anywhere near the energy levels to damage or mutate the DNA of cells, unlike UV, X-rays or nuclear radiation. All it can do is make the water molecules in your body vibrate to it's frequency, which at far higher power levels is how a microwave oven works (similar frequency range but hundreds of watts of power compared to tens or hundreds of milliwatts in a phone).

We have had a couple of masts set on fire last night in Merseyside too. We are returning to the dark ages due to the shite spewed by these cunts and spread by morons. I look forward to being burnt as a witch.

Cheers!

You're a hero. Slightly scary how much stuff you just know but it is very much appreciated. Shit like this is infuriating and I'm sure even more so for someone who actually understands the technical side of it all. Reckon we can expect more of this shit as these wingnut theories gain more mainstream traction. Those towers getting set on fire is fucking mental. People are fucking mental, stupid and mental.   

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Saw a friend post a petition about banning 5G on social media so I did some research of my own. And as usual there's a kernel of truth, in that we don't know if there'll be adverse health effects from 5G and perhaps it would be wise to do more research before plowing ahead with it. Nowt to do with COVID-19 or "using up all the oxygen" or any of that bollocks.

buttgammon

Quote from: touchingcloth on April 04, 2020, 01:36:56 PM
I don't think it needs proactively debunking, as it's self evidently a load of old shite. It's impossible to prove a negative, so just ask your uncle what the proof is that the virus was put together by a mad old Jewish lizard and see what his evidence is.

I've already tried this approach with his September 11th theory (admittedly, while drinking heavily in his house) and the proof as ever is vague, poorly researched YouTube videos; he's already citing David Icke on Facebook. I'd be happy leaving him to it usually, but he's been spamming the family with offensive and stupid thoughts on the pandemic, and I think it needs a response. You're right though - the onus really is on him to prove it.

Think a lot of the research on this is flawed because the 5g signal only affects certain star signs.   

QuoteApart from all this being complete and utter snakeoil horseshit (God knows what cracker he got his medical certificate from), the Wuhan thing isn't remotely true, as it's just one of several Chinese cities where 5G trials took place, alongside Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Hangzhou. The electromagnetic radiation from any radio transmitter is non-ionising, i.e. it passes straight through the body and does not have anywhere near the energy levels to damage or mutate the DNA of cells, unlike UV, X-rays or nuclear radiation. All it can do is make the water molecules in your body vibrate to it's frequency, which at far higher power levels is how a microwave oven works (similar frequency range but hundreds of watts of power compared to tens or hundreds of milliwatts in a phone).

I always liked Atkins statement, from back in the 70s, that "The study of the effect of magnetic fields on chemical reactions has long been a romping ground for charlatans".

However, this bit in bold is not quite true.

Magnetic fields oscillating at frequencies in the range 1–100 MHz have been observed to affect reactions containing specific organic radicals in solution when the frequency of the applied field matches a key frequency of the system (I'm not sure how complicated to go, if you care enough go to *).  So, while the energy of the radiation is << kT, the difference in energy between two states in the reactive intermediate for the system can match a MHz frequency and you get small but vital changes in the kinetics of the system.

Now, to be fair, it is in a small range of chemical reactions, some of which are biochemical, and while there are links to animal migration, when I stopped caring about the field, no-one had demonstrated anything in animals bigger than starlings.

*If you generate a radical through homolysis of a bond, then conservation of angular momentum ensures that it is produced as we call a singlet radical pair. A triplet radical pair can also form, and these two states tend to interconvert, at a frequency determined by the energy difference between the two states but also dependent on some other interactions, including the effects of other nearby nuclei. This frequency of interconversion is key.

Captain Crunch

Modern snake oil and tin foil hats for the new era (I'm not making a point I was just amused by the products):

https://www.bioprotectivesystems.com/

https://emfclothing.com/en/49-emf-protective-hats-caps

Quote from: buzby on April 04, 2020, 01:34:32 PM

Fascinating post as usual buzby!

touchingcloth

Quote from: buttgammon on April 04, 2020, 02:00:43 PM
I've already tried this approach with his September 11th theory (admittedly, while drinking heavily in his house) and the proof as ever is vague, poorly researched YouTube videos; he's already citing David Icke on Facebook. I'd be happy leaving him to it usually, but he's been spamming the family with offensive and stupid thoughts on the pandemic, and I think it needs a response. You're right though - the onus really is on him to prove it.

I don't know how much effort you routinely put into debunking him or just how entrenched he is, but my in laws are proper conspiracy loons and I've realised that trying to make them think differently is futile. It's a cliche, but it really is true that you can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reach through reason.

Hand Solo

The technology does exist and it has been used since the 1950s to fuck around with people's health, the famous example is the Moscow Signal.

The US military have even featured similar devices on the news like Active Denial for crowd dispersement. The technology uses a high 2 - 2.5 megawatts source of power with a very directed energy beam which only reaches about 1/64th of an inch into your body - enough to heat your skin up to uncomfortable degree though, compared to 5G - I think 5G baystations use about 15 kilowatts??

Even so, the technology is being rolled out without any testing, nevermind extensive testing to observe health effects so you can see why it may be causing panic.

https://www.androidauthority.com/5g-dangers-895776/

Abnormal Palm

Some people believe in God. Some people believe in aliens. Some people believe that 5G transmitters caused a respiratory virus that is passed via mucus droplets.

EVERY 1 ENTITLE TO THERE OPINON

MojoJojo

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on April 04, 2020, 01:45:57 PM
Saw a friend post a petition about banning 5G on social media so I did some research of my own. And as usual there's a kernel of truth, in that we don't know if there'll be adverse health effects from 5G and perhaps it would be wise to do more research before plowing ahead with it. Nowt to do with COVID-19 or "using up all the oxygen" or any of that bollocks.

Mate.