Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:18:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

5G Corona conspiracy theory [split topic]

Started by Mr Farenheit, April 04, 2020, 01:24:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

ironically that sort of behaviour is the reason you might want to set up an electromagnetic system that kills everyone in the entire world

SpiderChrist

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: buzby on June 04, 2020, 11:54:54 AM
Jesus.

I noted while out on a walk the other day that my nearest cellsite has been attacked - they jemmied open the rear door of one of the cabinets (a Huawei BTS3900AL GSM/3G macrocell), stuffed it full of wood and set fire to it. O2 have been out and taped it shut with a whole roll of gaffa, but not bothered repairing it yet. It also explains why my phone reception had gone so bad.

Not even self-amalg? Cowboys.

Icehaven

Locals upset over a new retail outlet's 50ft advertising sign that's just appeared towering over a housing estate
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/black-country/thought-alien-fury-50ft-sign-18962783

Most of the OUTRAGE is over the aesthetics, it's a blot on the landscape etc., but a couple of the comments on the screenshot (and presumably a few more on the actual fb page) say it "looks like a disguised 5G tower". So by that logic anything vaguely pole shaped (fnar) now that isn't obviously a 5G tower is potentially a disguised one? I know that's just classic conspiracy thinking but it's still interesting to see it applied in new and refreshing ways.

If it is a disguised 5G tower they should be more concerned about the assumed average IQ of their neighbourhood, as if they live somewhere with enough dimwits to warrant hiding 5G towers then they must be literally surrounded by idiots.

buzby

Quote from: icehaven on September 22, 2020, 09:19:41 AM
Locals upset over a new retail outlet's 50ft advertising sign that's just appeared towering over a housing estate
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/black-country/thought-alien-fury-50ft-sign-18962783

Most of the OUTRAGE is over the aesthetics, it's a blot on the landscape etc., but a couple of the comments on the screenshot (and presumably a few more on the actual fb page) say it "looks like a disguised 5G tower". So by that logic anything vaguely pole shaped (fnar) now that isn't obviously a 5G tower is potentially a disguised one? I know that's just classic conspiracy thinking but it's still interesting to see it applied in new and refreshing ways.

If it is a disguised 5G tower they should be more concerned about the assumed average IQ of their neighbourhood, as if they live somewhere with enough dimwits to warrant hiding 5G towers then they must be literally surrounded by idiots.
The do 'hide' cell antennas inside structures like those and even public art - there is one inside this sculpture on the entrance to the M62 J11 at Birchwood near Warrington (note the equipment cabinet underneath it).

The Culture Bunker

Confirmation from Buzby is enough for me. Time we get a drunken posse together to set fire to it.

Ferris

I wonder if anyone has gone back to some of these people who were predicting in April that everyone would die the minute the 5G networks were switched on or that COVID would disappear by Easter and get their thoughts during this second wave nearly 6 months later.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on September 24, 2020, 03:18:04 PM
Confirmation from Buzby is enough for me. Time we get a drunken posse together to set fire to it.
But Buzby works for the phone company. He's part of this.

spaghetamine

for real though, does anybody really need 5g? just seems like technological progress for the sake of technological progress

buzby

Quote from: spaghetamine on September 28, 2020, 12:25:00 PM
for real though, does anybody really need 5g? just seems like technological progress for the sake of technological progress
How else are you going to be able to stream a 4K Ultra HD film onto a 5 inch screen? Get with the program, granddad!

Sebastian Cobb

Aren't the gains much better concurrent usage, so they can control their all their death rays while people are streaming 4k?

"do we need it?" is probably a poor stance to take with emerging infrastructure, and why we're still on copper pairs rather than fibre. Thanks Thatcher.