Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:28:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Back to herd immunity? [split topic]

Started by MrMrs, April 04, 2020, 02:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abnormal Palm

When they end up with a decent testing kit, they should just charge £500 per kit and put all the money back into the economy to balance everything out.

Johnny Yesno

Noonling

My solution:

No one is allowed to live past 75 years old. Ever. If someone tries to circumvent it, they'll get killed (if they're 75+) and everyone will frown and their funeral will be really awkward - "Look kids, there's grandad's grave... He died at 76. Don't be like grandad." People get a nice little overdose of morphine, or whatever is a good way to die - I Am Not a Doctor.

Retirement starts at 60. As the health services won't have to focus on super old people, the younger people can get more medical attention and more money can be put into research. Obviously when people get into their 70s there's a slight de-prioritisation as well ("I'm sorry, you have two years to live... Oh wait, you're 74 so actually that's fine!"). As everyone knows exactly when they're going to die (or the upper limit anyway), they can adjust their outlook and plan life properly.

It is an absolutely flawless plan and I see 0 problems with it.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Noonling on April 08, 2020, 10:32:55 AM
My solution:

No one is allowed to live past 75 years old. Ever. If someone tries to circumvent it, they'll get killed (if they're 75+) and everyone will frown and their funeral will be really awkward - "Look kids, there's grandad's grave... He died at 76. Don't be like grandad." People get a nice little overdose of morphine, or whatever is a good way to die - I Am Not a Doctor.

Retirement starts at 60. As the health services won't have to focus on super old people, the younger people can get more medical attention and more money can be put into research. Obviously when people get into their 70s there's a slight de-prioritisation as well ("I'm sorry, you have two years to live... Oh wait, you're 74 so actually that's fine!"). As everyone knows exactly when they're going to die (or the upper limit anyway), they can adjust their outlook and plan life properly.

It is an absolutely flawless plan and I see 0 problems with it.

FUCK YOU - Manifesto 62, originally my plan and (either coincidentally or maliciously) repurposed by Boston Crab...read your CaB history before piggybacking greatness

Abnormal Palm

This is the first I've heard of this subconscious collaboration theory. I came up with the idea, I outlined the practicalities and I named it. I'd say we're only a few years away now from mass implementation. I will give you shared IP rights, though, as a kindness for your support over the years.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Abnormal Palm on April 08, 2020, 11:21:17 AM
This is the first I've heard of this subconscious collaboration theory. I came up with the idea, I outlined the practicalities and I named it.

Are you Bosto? If not, go back to the nursery, little one.

Abnormal Palm

Yes, and I can prove it.

I am an eternally misunderstood man on this forum.

Noonling

Although I had come across the phrase on this forum I had never known what it meant or bothered to search for its meaning. Now that I've seen the thread I think the original idea is shit - 2 years of retirement is rubbish. I admit I'm being pretty generous with 75 as an age to die but people in their 60s can be perfectly healthy, especially once all the truly old people can be killed and everyone has more resources.

Besides, Manifesto 62 originated before covid19, Manifesto 75 is after covid19. All old ideas become new after covid19.

Abnormal Palm

It's less about two years of retirement than it is physically, psychologically, sexually, emotionally, existentially decimating yourself through wretched amoral excess so you're quite happy for the end to come. You could also spend it righting wrongs or forgiving enemies or just spending time with friends and family or whatever, but I would probably have had enough of all that by then.

That Shepard's pie was stunning, but I'm halfway through my pudding.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Noonling on April 08, 2020, 12:58:23 PM
Although I had come across the phrase on this forum I had never known what it meant or bothered to search for its meaning. Now that I've seen the thread I think the original idea is shit - 2 years of retirement is rubbish. I admit I'm being pretty generous with 75 as an age to die but people in their 60s can be perfectly healthy, especially once all the truly old people can be killed and everyone has more resources.

Besides, Manifesto 62 originated before covid19, Manifesto 75 is after covid19. All old ideas become new after covid19.

Diffr'n' times...when I came up with the original concept, 65 was ancient