Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:22:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Disgraced wankbeast releases new stand up special

Started by Petey Pate, April 04, 2020, 08:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Petey Pate

Available only for download on his website. If you fancy giving him $7.99 to watch it please go ahead and report back if there any jokes about school shooting survivors, masturbation or why he's the real victim of being #metooed. 

I think I'll wait for someone to upload it to YouTube, without his consent.

lankyguy95

Interesting poster. He might be jacking off or he might not.

Sin Agog

Quote from: lankyguy95 on April 04, 2020, 08:12:45 PM
Interesting poster. He might be jacking off or he might not.

I think he made the 'o' and 'u' in his name look like balls just to taunt his victims.

selectivememory

I'm not giving him my money, but I can't pretend I'm not a little curious about this.

By the way, I do love that every new thread about him these days refers to him by his proper title.

lankyguy95

Quote from: Sin Agog on April 04, 2020, 08:15:23 PM
I think he made the 'o' and 'u' in his name look like balls just to taunt his victims.
A true sex abuser. Fair play.

Dewt

He's got his ideal audience now that people aren't allowed to leave their rooms

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: selectivememory on April 04, 2020, 08:16:55 PM
I'm not giving him my money, but I can't pretend I'm not a little curious about this.

By the way, I do love that every new thread about him these days refers to him by his proper title.

The stand up set that leaked at the end of last year was abhorrent shit so I'm not optimistic. I've heard he's cut back on the supposedly edgy elements, and like you have some interest as to what it might be like, but yeah, there's no way I'm giving him any money.

idunnosomename

i think he may have cleverly written that text in cum from his willy

lankyguy95

It's easy to find it online if you want to.

I've just watched it. It's pretty pedestrian in my opinion. A few tired observations (a Pascal's Wager bit on religion for example), with some CK shock moments scattered through the show. He does directly address his wankbeastiality towards the end with a bit that I imagine won't go down well.

Dewt

Quote from: lankyguy95 on April 04, 2020, 10:55:44 PMA few tired observations (a Pascal's Wager bit on religion for example)
I'm sure he's done that as a bit before as well

Schnapple

I know he's understandably dead to a lot of people, but there was definitely an opportunity for him to provide some insight into the whole wankbeast thing nonetheless, but he didn't bother. Feel annoyed he spent years feigning introspection and then can't be arsed when it requires actual vulnerability.

Mr Faineant

Not very good. Felt like he was leaning into being the "edgy" comic but with exactly the same subjects as every edgy comic there has ever been, and with nothing new or interesting to say.

mr. logic

Noodle Lizard

A few bits made me laugh out loud - he's still a naturally funny guy, of course - but his delivery and rhythm was noticeably sloppier than even some of his weaker pre-wankbeast efforts, and some bits felt very underwritten to the point where even I was thinking of funnier ways to word it or funnier analogies to make (I can't, however, think of a way to make that proclamation seem less smug). I don't know if this is a result of the scandal and subsequent time off or a natural result of age. I actually think a lot of the material was delivered better in the leaked recording from a few years ago.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: mr. logic on April 05, 2020, 08:58:25 AM
Which bits did you make funnier?

Ah I'm not walking into that trap. But I thought his "dead baby" and "you call your friend retarded when..." punchlines were pretty lazy by his usual standards.

H-O-W-L

Get to fuck you stupid fucking pustule of a comedian.

EDIT:

Not you, Noodle Lizard.

Ornlu

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on April 06, 2020, 05:42:13 AM
I'm confused, where exactly is this available?

On his website.

It was really funny. I've missed him.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: mr. logic on April 05, 2020, 06:31:37 AM
Being honest, I thought it was really funny.

You can be honest, there's nowt wrong with admitting that. Personally speaking he's not even deserving of my time "for science" so I can't be fucked watching this, but I don't think his overall credibility as a comedic talent has ever been up for debate. It's what you choose to do afterwards with that opinion that matters. You could walk away from it thinking that despite having massively damaged his own reputation he has still maintained a level of talent, (but that doesn't mean you should continue to support him) or you could just carry on fawning and chucking money at him like he did absolutely fuck all wrong,

Quote from: Ornlu on April 06, 2020, 08:45:16 AM
I've missed him.

like this idiot.

Twit 2

He did not get that memoooo...I mean unbeLIEVable...

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quoteor you could just carry on fawning and chucking money at him like he did absolutely fuck all wrong,

I'm not sure about the money, but where do you stop or start with this principle?

Practically I mean.

Is past work now unviewable? If a sincere apology (or more) is offered, does that mean that he is allowed to be viewed again? Are some comedians too good to adhere to this (obviously Louis CK doesn't fall into this category)?

I can think of plenty of stand ups I've thought were objectionable and personally dislikable pieces of shit on and off screen but still enjoyed the stand up performance itself, the journey that individual takes, sometimes scraping their soul to see whatever's left of it. Stand up, especially freer form, is so often therapy/philosophy channelled through a frantic person. That remains interesting and funny even when the performer is a disgraced wankbeast. And you don't need to be paying them anything. Flawed people are magnetic for so many. Usually it helps when your flaws are more interesting than banterwanks in front of women, but still.

Twit 2

WHO TODAY BEARS A GRUDGE AGAINST NEBUCHADNEZZAR?

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on April 06, 2020, 10:45:31 AM
I'm not sure about the money, but where do you stop or start with this principle?

Practically I mean.

Is past work now unviewable? If a sincere apology (or more) is offered, does that mean that he is allowed to be viewed again? Are some comedians too good to adhere to this (obviously Louis CK doesn't fall into this category)?

I can think of plenty of stand ups I've thought were objectionable and personally dislikable pieces of shit on and off screen but still enjoyed the stand up performance itself, the journey that individual takes, sometimes scraping their soul to see whatever's left of it. Stand up, especially freer form, is so often therapy/philosophy channelled through a frantic person. That remains interesting and funny even when the performer is a disgraced wankbeast. And you don't need to be paying them anything. Flawed people are magnetic for so many. Usually it helps when your flaws are more interesting than banterwanks in front of women, but still.

I guess it's subjective really innit. While I'm certainly glad that CANCEL CULTURE FEVER has died down, (albeit replaced by other, realer viruses, which isn't great!) my own personal opinion is that if you have used your status as an artist or any other position of higher power or guiding force to abuse or damage other people sexually or otherwise then you can fuck off and so can the rest of your work leading up to, during and after that point. The two things are far too synonymous for me to want to associate myself with one because I just end up thinking about the other in the same breath. It's up to everyone individually to decide on where they draw the line with that synonymity.

Ike Turner. Excellent musician but also used to beat the shit out of his wife. But did he use her head to violently bash on the piano keys when writing those songs? If not, then can you excuse one to enjoy the other? I mentioned in an Oscillations thread the other week that I don't think I want to ever listen to David Bowie or Iggy Pop again because they were paedophiles and they knew what they were doing and they 100% used their status to do it. Other people might feel differently about it but for me they're too closely linked and it upsets me.

Another thing people should think about (and it almost certainly makes me sound smug) is, really, are you so small-minded that you're willing to turn a blind eye to sexual abuse crimes just so you can go on listening to some great music or watching some great comedy? There's fucking loads of great art elsewhere, go watch or listen to that instead. I have sobbed my eyes out in the past listening to Bowie's "Rock 'n' Roll Suicide" and feeling so utterly connected to a piece of art that seriously spoke to me personally in times of great despair and emptiness, but I'm quite content to never bother listening to it again. Fuck it, I don't care, there are more important things happening in the world.

jobotic

Started watching Parks and Recreation for the first time recently. Didn't realise DWB was in it. Felt a bit sick when he was on screen.

That said I've been wanting to read Darkness At Noon again recently.

C_Larence

Quote from: jobotic on April 06, 2020, 11:30:18 AM
Started watching Parks and Recreation for the first time recently. Didn't realise DWB was in it. Felt a bit sick when he was on screen.

That said I've been wanting to read Darkness At Noon again recently.

Parks & Rec must be interesting to watch now. A show that stars Aziz Ansari, features Louis CK, and has a main character who worships Joe Biden. I'm quite grateful to have seen it before my brain was poisoned by the internet.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quoteare you so small-minded that you're willing to turn a blind eye to sexual abuse crimes just so you can go on listening to some great music or watching some great comedy

It's more that I don't agree that enjoying that art made by people who did or do bad things necessitates turning a blind eye to that. The example I already used above shows how such work can be enjoyed even up to and including the artist being a living breathing shit of an individual. Stand up is an interesting artform in that the performer's act draws you into their psyche far more directly, and through doing so you benefit from understanding their condition. In some acts this is essential to appreciating what humour there is. It's peculiar that you would consider that small mindedness.

The approach you are taking is in my view the all or nothing one, which is by definition reductive as it dehumanises that, applies a value judgement to the art rather than to the artists as though the art is stained by association with its creator, which need not be the case, and sees art as a commodity to an extent, rather than a gift.

If the art is saying fuck kids or even wank off in front of ppl lol, then that's the type of art that should be shunned, like a Jonathan King musical or a Royston Vasey dvd. If the art is about the thousands of other valid things it's possible for humans to express I don't see an issue.

The fact there is other art out there is obviously true and also completely irrelevant. Would you never buy or view art made by a prisoner?

jobotic

Quote from: C_Larence on April 06, 2020, 11:41:00 AM
Parks & Rec must be interesting to watch now. A show that stars Aziz Ansari, features Louis CK, and has a main character who worships Joe Biden. I'm quite grateful to have seen it before my brain was poisoned by the internet.

I'd never heard of Ansari when the allegations came out and I'd been watching this a while before I realised it was the same person. The Biden stuff is bizarre.

selectivememory

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on April 06, 2020, 05:42:13 AM
I'm confused, where exactly is this available?

I grabbed it off youtube when it was briefly uploaded there.

Eh. It was a mediocre special, but nowhere near as bad as that leaked set a while back. Pretty much standard CK fare really. The bit about God doing a press conference was funny, the stuff about the word "retard" was tedious and confused and really should have been dropped from the set. It does make me wince now to see him talk about sex and masturbation, and also it's probably time he knocked the lighthearted material about child rape on the head.

And yeah, he doesn't really reckon with his actions at all. Tries to boil it down to him being a bit of a doofus around sex and consent, when really the issue was he never should have been asking those women to watch him masturbate in the first place. He doesn't seem to have any understanding of that though. I think he just wants us to believe that those women simply had a bad sexual experience with him, but he obviously doesn't want to admit that he abused them.