Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:08:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

LImmy's Homemade Show

Started by Malcy, April 04, 2020, 08:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcy

BBC Scotland have released a clip from this. Starts on Friday finally!

https://twitter.com/BBCScotland/status/1246453974984609792

Old Nehamkin

selectivememory

Nice!

Had forgotten that he was doing more of this.

Retinend

What is now the pilot is now a difficult act to follow. I love it when he goes through all the ways you could get in trouble when asking someone to pick up their litter. ...and that coffee table sketch.... I'm seriously hyped about this one.

Retinend

Malcy

I've high hopes. The pilot was fantastic I thought. I'm not a big fan of the constant twitch streams so to get more of the Homemade Show is a big thing for me. As good as the Twitch stuff probably can be I think his time could be better spent being more creative like doing this stuff.

Malcy

Quote from: Captain Z on April 04, 2020, 09:49:52 PM
Still got it.

I wonder if the media team chose this clip to put out first due to the fact that the '1,2, buckle my shoe, big fat hen' thing was really popular on social media. I saw a lot of people I know outside of the UK share it who didn't really know Limmy, if at all.

popcorn

Love the techno lesson. Hyped for this. HYPED.

petril

Sebastian Cobb

Fucking lol at the gobbing.

peanutbutter

Quote from: Malcy on April 04, 2020, 09:48:02 PM
I've high hopes. The pilot was fantastic I thought. I'm not a big fan of the constant twitch streams so to get more of the Homemade Show is a big thing for me. As good as the Twitch stuff probably can be I think his time could be better spent being more creative like doing this stuff.
I think he's probably ride to just ride the Twitch wave tbh, even if he's not keeping track of it himself (I assume he is), there's fucking mountains of great shit he's stumbled onto over the streams that he could always revisit and expand upon in the same way Limmy's Show did with some of the World of Glasgow bits.

kitsofan34

Maybe I'm just being really humourless and taking his gags with a straight face, but the way he talks on his streams he really does seem to be in it (streaming) for the long haul.

popcorn

I don't like the streams either but if he's still doing telly sketch shows then I've nowt to complain of.

peanutbutter

Quote from: popcorn on April 05, 2020, 02:18:19 PM
I don't like the streams either but if he's still doing telly sketch shows then I've nowt to complain of.
The impression I've gotten from his streams is that he has no intention of doing television stuff beyond this run of homemade show for the foreseeable future. Books (largely to justify Q&A tours, which he seems to enjoy) and streaming is it.

popcorn

Well in that case fuck him. I'm going to unfollow him right now.

thugler

Some elements of his streams are fun, some of the video games stuff is a bit boring, but the stories are fun, that 321 analysis stuff was amazing and there's scope for plenty of creativity.

Love watching all the time.

Although I can't find the off button quick enough when he starts playing with fans/mods.

Christ the chat is bad enough I don't want to fucking HEAR them aswell.

Is there a link to the pilot? Cant see it on iPlayer

Retinend

Quote from: StewartLeehaslethimselfgo on April 05, 2020, 04:02:42 PM
Is there a link to the pilot? Cant see it on iPlayer
https://lmgtfy.com/?q=limmy+homemade

edit: oh this website is a load of shit - ignore me. Just wanted to say you can just google "Limmy's Show Homemade" ya dingus! x

peanutbutter

Quote from: thugler on April 05, 2020, 03:14:29 PM
Some elements of his streams are fun, some of the video games stuff is a bit boring, but the stories are fun, that 321 analysis stuff was amazing and there's scope for plenty of creativity.
Yep, the problem is that it's quite hard to pick out the good stuff beyond waiting a few months and checking out things that have relatively high view counts relative to their lengths. The only ways I'd've found out the 321 stuff was any good beyond seeing people rave about it here would be by noticing that he done more than one meaning the first was likely very good; but even that would require me to know what the fuck 321 was in the first place, I'd've probably written it off as some shit game he was playing.
I'm sure there's some great stuff amongst the improv stories, I loved the roast chicken one, but scrolling through on youtube it's just a load of very similar title cards with similar play counts and very little to work off.

No way am I watching any of it live.

Malcy

Quote from: peanutbutter on April 05, 2020, 04:16:32 PM

No way am I watching any of it live.

I watched the Roast Chicken one live and the couple of hours of messing around that it took to get the that payoff was a work of art. Probably the funniest thing he's ever done I reckon.

peanutbutter

Quote from: Excellent_Biscuits on April 05, 2020, 04:29:54 PM
I watched the Roast Chicken one live and the couple of hours of messing around that it took to get the that payoff was a work of art. Probably the funniest thing he's ever done I reckon.
Yeah but is that worth literally hundreds of hours of bullshit about Overwatch and being aware of that live chat?

True. It's not easy to know what he's going to be up for.

I do feel like I've got Stockholm syndrome sometimes if I'm honest.

neardark

I thought the pilot of this was shite.