Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:39:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

LImmy's Homemade Show

Started by Malcy, April 04, 2020, 08:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FsF

Loved loved loved episode 2, makes it more surprising that the BBC swapped the first and second ones around. Maybe I was just in a mood for the prior ep, but I thought every sketch worked well, and was laughing out loud at some.

The door knock sketch was bloody terrifying though, had my nerves shooting through the roof.

non capisco

Episode 2 very much the strongest IMO, with the 'intruder' sections one of my favourite things he's ever done. "Oh, that's him away...he's away now." "He's just curious." Simultaneously really funny and downright unnerving.

olliebean

He's right about the letter "Q" though. It ought to come after "RST" so it's next to "U", like it is in all the words.

Neomod

Episode 1 was the weakest so like FsF i'm surprised it was swapped with 2 which was the strongest of the three for me.

Limmy is a great comic actor. Sadly he's happy playing games in front of a try-hard fanbase at who's hand he will inevitably die.

Probably Nilesy.

monkfromhavana

Nilesy & Katercakes are rapidly becoming the Twitter version of Chris Evans' "Awooga posse" or whatever they were called.

So glad it's not just me that thinks that they are the worst thing that's ever happened in the history of this planet.

Retinend

Dewt

I cannot believe we need to have the "if you think that then you fundamentally do not understand what is going on in the streams" talk again

Osmium

Should probably leave it out of the thread for his tv show at least.

Love his TV work. Fantastic.

I love how his fans aren't in it. That's my favourite bit.

princeps

Any mirrors to help an idiot in America watch it?

druss

Quote from: princeps on April 16, 2020, 05:03:30 PM
Any mirrors to help an idiot in America watch it?
Would have to be a very big mirror.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: Dewt on April 16, 2020, 04:33:13 PM
I cannot believe we need to have the "if you think that then you fundamentally do not understand what is going on in the streams" talk again

I prefer the streams to be honest.

VelourSpirit

Only bit from his streams I noticed was "ha ha haaa" thing he does sometimes when he's winding people up in games
Or maybe he doesn't do that anymore, it might have just been in the YouTube stream days

MrMrs

Fuck me, that argument is abso tragic

Noodle Lizard

I agree that the second two were far better. The intruder sketch especially is him at his best - a really simple premise executed perfectly. I don't think any of the ones adapted from his books worked well in this format, but I can't say whether I'd enjoy them more if I hadn't read the book first (or listened to it, for that matter - I think his delivery was better on the audiobooks). Overall, good stuff, glad it exists.

mr. logic

Quote from: MrMrs on April 16, 2020, 09:50:20 PM
Fuck me, that argument is abso tragic

I Limmy taking it seriously? He can be quite dry. He doesn't actually give a shit does he?

Dewt

In the thread which is actually for talking about Limmy's Twitch, I linked to him breaking character and explaining to thick people that it's a joke. They are friends having fun with each other with play aggression.

Lost Oliver

Quote from: Lost Oliver on April 16, 2020, 12:00:40 AM
Not seen ep 2/3 yet but was disappointed with the first one. Might sound daft (limmy) but I think he needs other people. Or at least other characters to interact with.

I liked the Brazil guy and some of the toaster bit but I didn't laugh out loud once which is rare for me, with him.

Absolutely loved the bis stop sketch though so here's hoping it picks up.

Oh and I don't mind him streaming. It's free and occasionally absolutely hilarious so what's not to like?

Well I was wrong. Second episode was brilliant. Not a bad sketch in there. Back on top.

Here (in Glasgow) people have started referring to him as LimDog Millionaire.

jsgibble

His twitch stream about the first episode was interesting, I'm looking forward to the same being done for the other two.

trabuch

Doing a Homemade show ep2 Q+A on twitch atm.

peanutbutter

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on April 17, 2020, 02:46:36 AM
I don't think any of the ones adapted from his books worked well in this format, but I can't say whether I'd enjoy them more if I hadn't read the book first (or listened to it, for that matter - I think his delivery was better on the audiobooks).

RE: this, I haven't read daft wee stories, could someone list out the sketches from this that're from that so I can watch them on the show first and then go back to the audio ones for comparison

mojo filters

Only two episodes in, but mostly enjoying it so far. The burglar sketch is absolutely sublime. There are a few too many title stings though.

Unfortunately I'm finding his very grey t-shirt really distracting for some reason. It's not just curiously bland, but has some other strange quality I find off putting - possibly related to a vague memory of an episode of Black Mirror?

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: peanutbutter on April 18, 2020, 01:48:23 AM
RE: this, I haven't read daft wee stories, could someone list out the sketches from this that're from that so I can watch them on the show first and then go back to the audio ones for comparison

Off the top of my head: Chicken Nuggets Chicken, the biscuit jar one, "your shite is my shite", the friend saying a recommended film was crap - I'm sure there are a few I'm forgetting. I think some are from That's Your Lot rather than Daft Wee Stories.

olliebean

Is it just me, or is anyone else not really bothered by the title stings?

Cuellar

Watched them all last night - thought the night time visitor was brilliant. It's amazing how unsettling just him in a hoodie can be. There was that sketch from the pilot where he's crawling up the stairs in a weird way in his hoodie and it was terrifying.

Really excellent stuff.

Also in the sketch where he's on the loo slagging off a company on twitter and gets intimated, we have that same shower head - the brass, straight one.

Cheers.