Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 05:37:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

LImmy's Homemade Show

Started by Malcy, April 04, 2020, 08:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I agree with all the comments really.

- His grey everything is a pretty dull colour pallette which by ep 3 makes things samey
- There is some really slight observational material that doesn't go anywhere good and even when it returns for the fourth time in the episode it doesn't build to a real payoff
- There is probably 45 minutes worth of good stuff over the 90 minutes of the 3 episodes.
- Some really great stuff of a kind I was wanting to see more of that sort of thing (Hate begets hate, intruder, mirror guy, techno advice). We were laughing out loud in places.

So overall with expectations lowered it was decent with some real highlights but seemed to run out of steam by the end. I mean, most of us could probably think up better half hours of homemade comedy than episode 3. In Kelvin's case he already has. The fat sketch, fireplace, bin day, train announcement... Pretty shite stuff.

Dewt

In the stream he said he wore the t shirt as a uniform to help continuity

I don't have a problem with it, wouldn't have guessed it would be an issue

popcorn

I really like the plain, utilitarian visual design and MISE EN SCENE of Limmy's Show, I think it's quite original and clean, but yeah the Homemade Show stuff takes it too far.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: olliebean on April 18, 2020, 12:11:09 PM
Is it just me, or is anyone else not really bothered by the title stings?

I'm not - Limmy's Show had the same thing, didn't it?

madhair60

Shoulders there reminding me of Radioface, fucking grand

The 'Limmy's Show' stings were quite funny though and used as surprising almost punchlines. This new show it's pretty much just after every sketch.

Although halfway through episode 2 I realised I didne give a fuck.

kitsofan34

A tad simplistic, probably, but surely it was just far more egregious in the weaker sketches of episode 1 than the much stronger episode 2?

Just found out the locals have been saying 'LimDog Millionaire' as a play on Slumdog Millionaire.

Quote from: thelittlemango on April 17, 2020, 09:37:45 AM
Here (in Glasgow) people have started referring to him as LimDog Millionaire.

Just found out have you aye? Just happened to hear that now aye?

mojo filters

By chance I was searching for something about Limmy yesterday, and Google popped up with one of those "net worth" drop downs.

$6m according to some website called Celebrity Net Worth. I suspect that's not necessarily a reliable number!

Captain Z

They ought to call him "Limdog Millionaire"!

lazyhour

Quote from: mojo filters on April 19, 2020, 01:20:27 AM
$6m according to some website called Celebrity Net Worth. I suspect that's not necessarily a reliable number!

We should call him Slumdog Limmillionaire!

Quote from: mojo filters on April 19, 2020, 01:20:27 AM
By chance I was searching for something about Limmy yesterday, and Google popped up with one of those "net worth" drop downs.

Ah, I knew there must be some truth to it! Good on him, happy Twitch is paying off. Might treat myself to a LimDog with ketchup and mustard to celebrate the new series (one of the local cafes has started selling 'LimDogs', I think it's a cafe he went to once, not sure what makes it different to a normal hot dog though).

It comes with loads of normal mini hotdogs that aren't funny

Dewt

Quote from: monkfromhavana on April 16, 2020, 01:44:42 PM
Nilesy & Katercakes are rapidly becoming the Twitter version of Chris Evans' "Awooga posse" or whatever they were called.
Katercakes is fucking great. Here she is doing a Q&A on behalf of Limmy, sending him up like a champ: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/590222124?t=05h12m33s

Abnormal Palm

How do you wipe your Twitch history?

NO MORE QUESTIONS YOUR HONOUR!

Dewt

monkfromhavana

Quote from: Dewt on April 20, 2020, 04:03:52 AM
Katercakes is fucking great. Here she is doing a Q&A on behalf of Limmy, sending him up like a champ: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/590222124?t=05h12m33s

My criticism is perhaps a little unfair, and would probably apply to any 'normal' who joined his stream. Either laugh at everything he says, copy his comedic style so you end up with 4 Limmy's on at once or try to prove that you won't be bested by him. Just the nature of the beast, I guess.

Cuntbeaks

Fuck me, I managed 15 seconds of that.

Dewt

She talks like a regular person and 15 seconds isn't enough time to judge more than a single sentence so I think you might be being a bit dramatic there

Cuellar

Yikes

This is proper shit.

Dewt

You are all wrong for a living. There's no way you could be this wrong as just a hobby.

Dewt

In all seriousness I can understand not liking that but the vitriol people have for regulars on a stream they don't even like is unpleasant

bgmnts

People want to see Limmy doing his comedy. They don't want randoms on the internet getting involved or distracting from it.

Makes sense to me.

Although I think everyone on twitch has their own stream so it is inevitable but still.

the science eel

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on April 18, 2020, 02:07:34 PM

- Some really great stuff of a kind I was wanting to see more of that sort of thing (Hate begets hate, intruder, mirror guy, techno advice). We were laughing out loud in places.

I was helpless with laughter during that bit. Killer.

Dunno where he could have taken it, mind.

Dewt

Quote from: bgmnts on April 21, 2020, 01:51:13 PM
People want to see Limmy doing his comedy. They don't want randoms on the internet getting involved or distracting from it.

Makes sense to me.

Although I think everyone on twitch has their own stream so it is inevitable but still.
If people think the regulars aren't part of his comedy then they haven't really seen more than 5 minutes of it.

bgmnts

I've seen hours and hours of Limmy streams and the only stuff worth anything is when he's just riffing, not interracting with the regular viewers. Just me though.