Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 01:46:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

LImmy's Homemade Show

Started by Malcy, April 04, 2020, 08:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuellar

Quote from: Dewt on April 21, 2020, 02:47:24 PM
If people think the regulars aren't part of his comedy then they haven't really seen more than 5 minutes of it.

Oh they're part of it alright.

A shit part.

Dewt

Sometimes I think I'm cynical and then the world at large reminds me that I'm a fluffy ball of acceptance

Clownbaby

All I thought while watching episode 2 was that it's nice that Limmy can still jump right back into his show stuff after quite a long time of streaming. I never have the patience to sit through 3 hour gaming streams so I just watch the clips. I was wondering if it would have affected his comedy but nah, classic Limmy. The nighttime intruder, love it. Obsessed. That face he does will never not be funny to me and I keep thinking about him panicked saying "close the window close the window"

Any sketch I didn't rate much still wasn't much of a problem for me either because every series of Limmy's Show had the odd sketch that left me cold then. Same hit to miss ratio, and even if he does an idea I don't find terribly funny I still kind of enjoy it for the uniquely mundane, sterile but also deeply specific atmosphere his stuff always has going on. I've never been able to  put my finger on what it is exactly, that Limmy vibe.

VelourSpirit

Quote from: Clownbaby on April 21, 2020, 11:18:13 PM
That face he does will never not be funny to me and I keep thinking about him panicked saying "close the window close the window"
My mum was crying laughing at this sketch. She said you could never get cross with him with a face like that.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

I think that might be the funniest sketch he's ever made. A perfect fusion of horror and silliness.

Dewt

Quote from: Clownbaby on April 21, 2020, 11:18:13 PMI've never been able to  put my finger on what it is exactly, that Limmy vibe.
I think he's a pretty sensitive person who is troubled and fascinating by humanity. His life is defined by that "I feel like I missed a day where everybody else was brief on something and they all know what's going on"[nb]I'm not guessing, this is in his biog and he often talks about it[/nb] feeling and he has a unique take on many things. It's all tied together nicely by him being able to channel personalities that aren't his really well.

Clownbaby

Quote from: Dewt on April 22, 2020, 11:47:18 AM
I think he's a pretty sensitive person who is troubled and fascinating by humanity. His life is defined by that "I feel like I missed a day where everybody else was brief on something and they all know what's going on"[nb]I'm not guessing, this is in his biog and he often talks about it[/nb] feeling and he has a unique take on many things. It's all tied together nicely by him being able to channel personalities that aren't his really well.

I mean yeah, that's what it is. I haven't known any other comedian quite nail this kind of feeling in the same way.

Twit 2

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on April 22, 2020, 11:39:31 AM
I think that might be the funniest sketch he's ever made. A perfect fusion of horror and silliness.

I find Limmy hit and miss but I laughed like a drain at that sketch.

kitsofan34

Episode 3 another cracker, episode 1 far and away the weakest of the lot.

He is a phenomenally talented comedic actor. Would've loved to see him act in a few things.

I really like his Twitter and Twitch stuff, makes me laugh a lot, but this series is really lacking the special quality that makes him funny and likeable online. The sketch about the numbers on the toaster was painful and made me switch it off, thought it was total crap. He seems like a completely different person when he writes for TV, a not very funny one.

Icehaven

Only watched one and a half of these so far, much more good than not so I'm enjoying it. There's a creepier vibe, partly intentionally (the intruder, the mirror) and partly because it's just him and no one else, you really get the claustrophobic feeling of being stuck in someone's head.

He's way more famous in Scotland than anywhere else isn't he? The working in an office sketch from the first episode baffled me slightly at first as I think you'd struggle to find anyone in most offices who'd recognise him, but I guess because he's been on "proper" TV north of the border it's different. If he's made 6 million quid out of streaming too then he must be more popular than I'd realised.

Sebastian Cobb

He used to get more prominent showings on BBC2 Scotland then repeated out of prime time down south I think. Now I think it goes on the new BBC Scotland channel that's struggling for viewers that the BBC decided to give us when people said they wanted more in-depth Scottish news programming.

He was a well-known cult comic when I lived in Aberdeen, but a god-like treasure in Glasgow.

dannyfc

Quote from: icehaven on May 22, 2020, 12:57:31 AM
If he's made 6 million quid out of streaming too then he must be more popular than I'd realised.

What the fuck is that legit? All from donations or does Twitch chip in from the views? Don't really know how it works.

Always thought his partner would probably be sick of him streaming every day, but if thats the return then fair play. Imagine he'd have made a couple £100k at most from the TV series.

I'll be honest I'm not mad about the streams but appreciate im probably not the target audience. There's a rare bit of comedy gold, but most of time it's just watching someone getting increasingly frustrated playing a game and repeating themselves to fill the dead-air. 

One bit i absolutely love from the streams tho is that shady tradesmen installing a washing machine in the bathroom and threatening to move in. Reminds me of the all those vines with the alkie and ned characters.

Dewt

If you're not aware of Twitch subscriptions you can't have watched enough of anybody's stream to get it, IMO.

dannyfc

Quote from: Dewt on May 22, 2020, 08:50:37 AM
If you're not aware of Twitch subscriptions you can't have watched enough of anybody's stream to get it, IMO.

what does this mean tho

Dewt

If you are asking how he makes money on Twitch then you can't possibly have watched enough of a stream to give it much of a chance, because the answer is "through subscriptions", which are mentioned every few minutes.

Not a criticism of you personally, just saying that you wouldn't get much from the streams dipping into them that casually.

Quote from: icehaven on May 22, 2020, 12:57:31 AM
If he's made 6 million quid out of streaming too then he must be more popular than I'd realised.

Quote from: dannyfc on May 22, 2020, 08:47:18 AM
What the fuck is that legit?
It's 6 million dollars as it's an American site and the only other 'limeys' I could find on there were Noel Fielding (also $6m) Charlie Brooker ($8m) John Cleese ($10m) John Oliver ($10m) Noel Edmonds ($100m) and Ricky Gervais ($130m).

Their modus operandi seems to be copying and pasting a bit of someone's wikipedia page then pulling a number out of their arse.

There's no way Limmy has made the equivalent of 6 million bucks from BBC Scotland (notoriously stingy), Twitch (about £2.50 per sub per month) and a cut from flogging a few thousand books. So unless he's got something else going on that's extremely lucrative it's almost certainly bollocks.

Emile Heskey ($21m)

Jamie Carragher ($21m)

Looks like soccerballers they've never heard of get a default $21m and comedians they've never heard of get a default of $6m

Edit - Kevin Bridges also apparently worth $6m, what a coincidence.

Dewt

Yeah there's no way those figures are accurate, it's just content spam.

Bronzy

actually ive met emile husky and asked him how much money he has and he said around 20 million huskybucks so i think it is accurate

There's a reason he's known as 'LimDog Millionaire' (a play on the film Slumdog Millionaire) in Glasgow!

Is there any way to see how many twitch subscribers someone has?

dannyfc

Quote from: Dewt on May 22, 2020, 08:55:36 AM
If you are asking how he makes money on Twitch then you can't possibly have watched enough of a stream to give it much of a chance, because the answer is "through subscriptions", which are mentioned every few minutes.

Not a criticism of you personally, just saying that you wouldn't get much from the streams dipping into them that casually.

eh well ive watched all there 3-2-1s and a fair amount of snowrunner. probably 5 hours in total so maybe im just a moron that needs enlightening.

the donations are self-explanatory, yep some guy has given him £50, get that, twitch probably take a cut but rest goes to limmy, understood.

But how about these subscriptions then? When he says THANKS FOR THE RESUB, or i see a pop-up for a new subscriber, how does that translate to income?

Wet Blanket

No chance has he made even one million quid, but I bet he's taking home a very comfortable 'salary' just by pissing about online every night. A few thou a month maybe, equivalent of £70grand a year or something like that. I wonder if he is less or more rich than the folk he used to co-own that marketing company with.

Just listened to his autobiography, which was a bit too heavy on the in-depth examinations of 'lick-outs' he's successfully or unsuccessfully performed, but I did learn with horror that Channel 4 came close to commissioning a comedy drama where he played every member of a family, then shelved it when the commissioner moved to the BBC and the New Broom swept it away. Philistines!

Dewt

Taking some very rough "this amount of average viewers usually leads to this amount of monthly subscribers" statistics, I'd guess his channel does about £100K a year.

Quote from: Dewt on May 22, 2020, 12:36:08 PM
I'd guess his channel does about £100K a year.

I'd guess about that (pre-tax) and I'd imagine it's slowly rising with the possibility of exploding at some point in the future.

Two Headed Sex Beast

Bit off topic: he mentioned in a stream the other day that he's currently writing something new for telly, a one-off thing. That's all I caught, I don't think he elaborated on it.

Chollis

Quote from: dannyfc on May 22, 2020, 12:14:38 PM
eh well ive watched all there 3-2-1s and a fair amount of snowrunner. probably 5 hours in total so maybe im just a moron that needs enlightening.

the donations are self-explanatory, yep some guy has given him £50, get that, twitch probably take a cut but rest goes to limmy, understood.

But how about these subscriptions then? When he says THANKS FOR THE RESUB, or i see a pop-up for a new subscriber, how does that translate to income?

This is a fairly transparent and interesting explanation from a successful streamer, on how much Twitch streamers make and how they make it. Says he basically makes $20k a month from streaming, averaging 10k viewers on his streams. No idea how many Limmy averages but I'm assuming it's not that many.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=6m5P_n5njCQ&feature=emb_logo

bgmnts

20k a month. Fucking hell.

Dewt

Quote from: Chollis on May 22, 2020, 01:34:36 PM
This is a fairly transparent and interesting explanation from a successful streamer, on how much Twitch streamers make and how they make it. Says he basically makes $20k a month from streaming, averaging 10k viewers on his streams. No idea how many Limmy averages but I'm assuming it's not that many.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=6m5P_n5njCQ&feature=emb_logo
I was just watching him and it was hovering around 2000