Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:57:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

LImmy's Homemade Show

Started by Malcy, April 04, 2020, 08:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Z

'Ere, they'll be calling him 'Limdog Millionaire' at this rate!

popcorn

I make about £25k a year from CaB posts, not including PMs.

Quote from: Captain Z on May 22, 2020, 03:01:11 PM
'Ere, they'll be calling him 'Limdog Millionaire' at this rate!

They already do in Glasgow ;)

Malcy

Quote from: thelittlemango on May 22, 2020, 03:36:31 PM
They already do in Glasgow ;)

I've never heard anyone in Glasgow call him that. Only in this thread.

kitsofan34

Quote from: Two Headed Sex Beast on May 22, 2020, 01:19:43 PM
Bit off topic: he mentioned in a stream the other day that he's currently writing something new for telly, a one-off thing. That's all I caught, I don't think he elaborated on it.

It's a green screen thing where he's reacting to things on said screen.

Captain Z

Who Wants To Be A Limmy-on-air

mr. logic

Quote from: dannyfc on May 22, 2020, 08:51:12 AM
what does this mean tho

Dewt really dislikes people not knowing as much about Twitch as they should.

Dewt

You people are fucking exhausting.

RickyHamster

peanutbutter

Quote from: Dewt on May 22, 2020, 08:55:36 AM
If you are asking how he makes money on Twitch then you can't possibly have watched enough of a stream to give it much of a chance, because the answer is "through subscriptions", which are mentioned every few minutes.
The actual monetary aspect behind subscriptions isn't though. Think it's totally possible that people would think it's the same as youtube for a very very long time. It's not like youtube hasn't trained people to totally glaze over when the video starts talking about subscriptions too.

Not sure why you'd expect people on what was a Chris Morris fan forum to be watching much of anything on Twitch anyways...

Mango Chimes

Quote from: peanutbutter on May 23, 2020, 11:56:49 AMNot sure why you'd expect people on what was a Chris Morris fan forum to be watching much of anything on Twitch anyways...

Don't you know? Chris is a big Roblox streamer.

olliebean

Quote from: Mango Chimes on May 23, 2020, 12:10:40 PM
Don't you know? Chris is a big Roblox streamer.

Not a euphemism.

Dewt

Quote from: peanutbutter on May 23, 2020, 11:56:49 AM
The actual monetary aspect behind subscriptions isn't though
Right, but if you're following the conversation you'll see that they asked "how do you make money on Twitch anyway? I don't know the actual mechanism" and my point was "you probably haven't watched enough of the Limmy stream to write it off if you don't even know about subscriptions. It's more of a long-form thing". Limmy mention subscriptions every ten minutes or so you see

Quote from: peanutbutter on May 23, 2020, 11:56:49 AM
Not sure why you'd expect people on what was a Chris Morris fan forum to be watching much of anything on Twitch anyways...
Yes but Twitch is relevant when you're actually discussing a Twitch stream, isn't it

Anyway it doesn't really matter I just don't like being misrepresented.

Puce Moment

I've said it before, but it is amazing that one of the most boring things I can think of (watching people play videogames) has become such a success. I like Limmy a huge amount but even his streams lose their interest for me. Unless he is chatting or doing 3-2-1 it really is watching a middle-aged man driving a truck, thanking his new subs, and making the occasional sarcastic comment about his followers dire sense of humour.

McFlymo

I found it quite challenging to watch Limmy play games with other people, hearing them and then hearing him, for the most part, be a bit of a complete cunt to them. Maybe that was meant to be the joke, but it felt a bit like a celebrity just bullying someone into submission for our entertainment. Kinda dark. 

bgmnts

Quote from: Puce Moment on May 23, 2020, 03:30:56 PM
I've said it before, but it is amazing that one of the most boring things I can think of (watching people play videogames) has become such a success. I like Limmy a huge amount but even his streams lose their interest for me. Unless he is chatting or doing 3-2-1 it really is watching a middle-aged man driving a truck, thanking his new subs, and making the occasional sarcastic comment about his followers dire sense of humour.

And Limmy is on the very entertaining level of that spectrum, that's how bad it is.

Puce Moment

Quote from: bgmnts on May 23, 2020, 05:44:20 PMAnd Limmy is on the very entertaining level of that spectrum, that's how bad it is.

Well, yes. I think I would struggle watching even the funniest fucker in the world do that for hours.

I also don't fully get the comments section which tickertapes at a ridiculous rate. How do people actually chat rather than trying to grandstand their comments to Limmy?

peanutbutter

Quote from: Puce Moment on May 24, 2020, 10:53:51 AM
I also don't fully get the comments section which tickertapes at a ridiculous rate. How do people actually chat rather than trying to grandstand their comments to Limmy?
Feel like this is a feature of the platform more than anything really.

The people who are messaging on a remotely regular basis are presumably way more into the whole friend substitute aspect, but with that speed of a chat it's at the very best a one way communication towards him directly. They might find a smaller less good streamer a lot more fulfilling, I imagine there's a lot of ones with maybe only a couple dozen/hundred live viewers at any given time where the chat window is very communal.

pk1yen

Quote from: peanutbutter on May 24, 2020, 11:32:27 AM
Feel like this is a feature of the platform more than anything really.

The people who are messaging on a remotely regular basis are presumably way more into the whole friend substitute aspect, but with that speed of a chat it's at the very best a one way communication towards him directly. They might find a smaller less good streamer a lot more fulfilling, I imagine there's a lot of ones with maybe only a couple dozen/hundred live viewers at any given time where the chat window is very communal.

I watch quite a few of the consolevania livestreams, which have between 15 and 50 viewers depending on the time, and yeah, the chat there is a lot more communal and entertaining.

The chat for big streamers seems almost pointless. Even with non-subscribers muted, it's mostly unreadable.

Osmium

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9eeiJvEFUw

The use of "son" really sells how disappointed Limmy is with Ted here.

ASFTSN

Quote from: good times on April 15, 2020, 07:55:36 PM
The intruder sketch is up there with the best things he's ever done, can't exactly pin down why it's so funny but it's a very astute observation of I don't even know quite what.

It was great, something almost Twin Peaks esque about it.

Puce Moment

I've been enjoying the full stream Benny Harvey videos. I can skip through the game playing and straight to Limmy's YouTube rabbit holes and diversions.

He ended up watching Little and Large on the day Eddie passed away.

kitsofan34

Quote from: kitsofan34 on May 22, 2020, 05:30:40 PM
It's a green screen thing where he's reacting to things on said screen.

He said today it's "autobiographical".

MrMrs

Does Benny Harvey have a twitter? Can't find an account for him.

canadagoose

Quote from: MrMrs on July 27, 2020, 08:38:33 PM
Does Benny Harvey have a twitter? Can't find an account for him.
Not anymore since he passed, RIP big man

BlodwynPig

Very late to this, but watching limmy's show and this plus his suprise suprise analyses is getting me through tough times. The melancholy in some sketches is some of the best melancholy outside of Bergerac Season 6

druss

Quote from: BlodwynPig on August 29, 2023, 09:05:01 PMVery late to this, but watching limmy's show and this plus his suprise suprise analyses is getting me through tough times. The melancholy in some sketches is some of the best melancholy outside of Bergerac Season 6
His 3-2-1 commentaries are arguably even better if you haven't seen them yet.

BlodwynPig

Ive seen a few of the 3-2-1s - lots to get through. Fucking hate gaming streams otherwise. Get a fucking job