Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 01:39:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

LImmy's Homemade Show

Started by Malcy, April 04, 2020, 08:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dewt

Quote from: peanutbutter on April 05, 2020, 04:31:45 PM
Yeah but is that worth literally hundreds of hours of bullshit about Overwatch and being aware of that live chat?
Oh my god does every single Limmy thread have to be somebody expecting us to indulge them in an extended discussion about how they don't enjoy the streaming format

Malcy

There's another new sketch on the BBC Scotland Facebook page bit I can't seem to share it or get the link because it's their cover video.

peanutbutter

Quote from: Dewt on April 05, 2020, 10:55:52 PM
Oh my god does every single Limmy thread have to be somebody expecting us to indulge them in an extended discussion about how they don't enjoy the streaming format
I mean, I _do_ enjoy it, the quantity of good stuff he puts out is ridiculous. The handling of past content in the medium does itself a disservice.

Besides, it's literally his primary job for the last good while, he's suggested he's gonna focus _exclusively_ on it from here on out and as a format there's gonna be more stuff happening along those lines in general, so of course people are gonna be trying to wrap their heads around it.

Dewt

I would be devastated if he stopped doing them because I have it on for four hours every day but I do not turn every Limmy discussion into a declaration about that

Captain Z

Limmy is a VECTOR for criticisms.

idunnosomename

I for one love watching elderly men play video games

PlanktonSideburns

alan nagsworth

I saw the punchline coming but I still enjoyed it a great deal because look at his face for fucks sake

PlanktonSideburns

great faceacting and editing skills he has

poodlefaker

QuoteBrian Limond is coping remarkably well with the coronavirus lockdown. "I don't like going out, so I never really leave the house," he says over the phone from his Glaswegian abode. "Staying in is fine by me."

Quotehis Glaswegian abode

That's...

Quotehis Glaswegian abode

mr. logic

Quote from: neardark on April 05, 2020, 10:49:00 PM
I thought the pilot of this was shite.

So did I.

Though I did enjoy that headphone clip.

Deyv

I enjoyed the pilot although some of it went over my head but even then I can't say any of it was outright shite. I'm looking forward to more of Limmy's Glaswegian-Abodemade Show.

bgmnts

The headphone dancing was great, proper Limmy stuff.

popcorn

Love the new video, can't wait for the full series.

... but am I the last person in the world who thinks calling earbuds "headphones" is like calling buses "cars"? Does everyone just say headphones generically now? Have I misunderstood the word all along?

buntyman

I use it generically. Never said earbuds in my life and haven't run into any problems so far

olliebean

Never called them earbuds, but if they don't go over the head I tend to call them earphones rather than headphones.

ProvanFan

The title adds another layer.

What it says about society. About identity.

And that is Limmy's true genius.

Sebastian Cobb

Earbud is newer than earphones.

I remember first encountering them in the very early 90's being sold with adaptors on an Air 2000 flight. Before that earpieces were those hearing-aid coloured plastic things with a twisted pair of wires coming out of them used on very cheap radio's/crystal sets.

popcorn

I meant to say earphones not earbuds :(

bgmnts

Quote from: popcorn on April 09, 2020, 12:56:28 AM
Love the new video, can't wait for the full series.

... but am I the last person in the world who thinks calling earbuds "headphones" is like calling buses "cars"? Does everyone just say headphones generically now? Have I misunderstood the word all along?

Sorry, earphones.

Beagle 2

Eeeeegh not sure about that to be honest. I really liked the pilot, that just felt a bit subdued and lacklustre.

Malcy

Bit disappointing I thought. Enjoyed the working in the office one the most. Liked the Mitchell Library/Toast one and the baldy 3"er. Think that was it really.

Thought the rest were either so so or shite. The being blocked one didn't really work from the off. Assumed he was talking about Facebook with the 'people you may know' thing but if he was blocked then he wouldn't be able to see that person at all so they wouldn't have been suggested.

I dunno,  the pilot was far superior to this. I remember dipping in and out of Twitch when he was supposed to be recording this and he was saying things on Facebook like "loads of recording to do today but think I'll just jump on Twitch instead".

It shows.

Noodle Lizard

Any non-UK dwellers got a good way of watching this? My VPN hasn't worked with iPlayer for a while.

FsF

Wasn't feeling it much, either.  Felt pretty light in actual material (regular stream viewers might have found some of it familiar, too), but luckily Limmy's charm does help make up for some of that.

Cuntbeaks

Just as shite as I expected. Laboured, pedestrian and simply not funny.