Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:23:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

LImmy's Homemade Show

Started by Malcy, April 04, 2020, 08:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

selectivememory

I really enjoyed the second episode. Especially liked the sketch with the creepy intruder.

Pretty sure the biscuit sketch was in one of his books as well. Felt very familiar anyway.

Malcy

Don't think I laughed once during episode 2 but I still enjoyed it. Thought 3 was the best episode of the bunch. Especially the Graffiti sketch.

rue the polywhirl

Limmy - That's All I Got (2020) Ep1 - Some micro strains of good ideas in a vast empty space of underwhelment. I liked the music cue in the 'being blocked' sketches and the teabag sketch but the rest of the show was a bit dismal and the skits go nowhere most of the time.

owlboy

Quote from: Pseudopath on April 13, 2020, 11:16:33 AM
Limmy's got my kettle. #soproud

I've got his kettle and his ironing board.
(and his hairline in about 3 years time).

Pseudopath

Yeah...the second episode is an absolute banger. Nice work Limond.

olliebean

Agh, ye buggers, why did nobody tell me episodes 2 & 3 were available as well?

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: olliebean on April 13, 2020, 01:01:34 PM
Agh, ye buggers, why did nobody tell me episodes 2 & 3 were available as well?

Pure malice I'm afraid.

Purple Toupee

I didn't like Episode 2 quite as much but the breathless waiter bit got a huge laugh from me. Liked the blandly cheerful music for the hitman sketch as well.

Thought the stings were even more obtrusive in this one, I don't remember the pilot having so many.

selectivememory

Third episode was pretty good as well. Really liked the "cheese n' toast" guy, and the bit about the letter "q".

Just the first one then that was a bit of a dud for me. But a decent series, and I hope he makes more.

I will say, nothing in the show was as funny as some of the improvised stuff he does on his streams sometimes, like the "don't back down, double down" bit, and the one where he plays a cowboy builder installing a bathroom. I was hoping there'd be extended sketches like that in the show, but it seemed to be shorter and snappier recurring bits (like some of the non-character sketches on Limmy's show I guess). But hey, happy for any Limmy content really. It's good that they still let him make shows for the BBC.

mattjjh

He did mention on twitch that the BBC made him switch episodes 1 & 2 around.

Danger Man

The cards are contactless, Limmy, you can hold them a centimeter above the terminal and they'll work.

Pseudopath

Quote from: Danger Man on April 13, 2020, 09:55:33 PM
The cards are contactless, Limmy, you can hold them a centimeter above the terminal and they'll work.

Aye...but naebody does.

Dewt

Really glad that cleared up whether the Limmy Twitch pre-roll is saying "I've a meme" or "I'm a meme".

Wet Blanket

It was entertaining but quite restrained in the way all his BBC shows seem compared to his best off the cuff stuff online. Feel like he's drifted a bit too far from the original concept, where he was going to make a show himself using crowdfunding, allowing him to go as far as he wanted.

Can't imagine him getting the line 'a dildo in Thatcher's dead arse' on BBC, and that's a real shame

popcorn

I agree that some of the sketches were a bit dull, but I absolutely loved the man who came in through his window. The way he slipped away at the end each time made me larf.

Dewt

Quote from: Wet Blanket on April 14, 2020, 10:50:47 AM
It was entertaining but quite restrained in the way all his BBC shows seem compared to his best off the cuff stuff online. Feel like he's drifted a bit too far from the original concept, where he was going to make a show himself using crowdfunding, allowing him to go as far as he wanted.
Although arguably doing this for the BBC is helping him do independent stuff

Wet Blanket

Quote from: Dewt on April 14, 2020, 11:04:38 AM
Although arguably doing this for the BBC is helping him do independent stuff

Fair point

Bently Sheds

I loved the "manly" childish war noises in the "WATER!" sketch.

druss

Fucking hell that intruder sketch was funny.

Goldentony

Loved these, would have taken the fat sketch out of episode 3, I think, because that's the only thing I can really remember thinking was outright shite, the fucking WHOATAH bit, ROASTIED CHEEESE, CHICKEN NUGGETS CHICKEN, Portugese guy, Russell Howard as a hitman, all great

druss

Finished them all now, a bit more hit and miss than Limmy's Show but still better than most sketch shows. Even classic sketch shows can be hit and miss.

Still laughing at that intruder sketch. "He's as scared as I am. He's as scared as I am....".

Bently Sheds

"That's him away." cracked me up.

good times

The intruder sketch is up there with the best things he's ever done, can't exactly pin down why it's so funny but it's a very astute observation of I don't even know quite what.

Dewt

Quote from: good times on April 15, 2020, 07:55:36 PMit's a very astute observation of I don't even know quite what.
Encountering a deer on the road/when camping

good times

Quote from: Dewt on April 15, 2020, 07:59:05 PM
Encountering a deer on the road/when camping

Yeah that's it, although pairing it with the house intrusion/scally element seems to hit on something else. Maybe I'm overthinking it.

popcorn

Yes, it taps into something vulnerable and buried and uncomfortable. Your childhood dreams coming back, disappointed with what you've become. It's a bit gothic - the return of the repressed.

Dewt

I'll be honest, I just really enjoy that face Limmy makes. I love his weird goblin characters.

poodlefaker

And the fact that it's just him pulling a face with his hoodie tucked behind his ears - no costumes, prosthetics etc - the simplicity of it.

Retinend

Some notes I made:

door knocks no I don't like that

american accent

that was a long time ago soldier!

what if we all got fat?
how's aboot we all just get fat?
but we have to do it the gether

graffiti complaining guy

beep beep beep what day is it it's bin day and you've forgot again

Crap? I thought it would be up your street
crap? you're crap

the whole thing on Q is amazing it's just so dumb

threatening soap guy
it's like that intit?

zippy americanized presenter voice not quite sure who he's talking about

the absolute pain in the arse of a real fire
they don't do wee bags of coal

I'm getting offended at you getting offended

the pinkie this is me

Limmy being socially popular is inherently funny

Does your name have the letter Y? You must be raging

THAT'S yer bin day

what's yer favourite film?
well how about
crap crap crap crap crap you're crap

scottish inventors joke

socially popular limmy's inevitable downfall

and out acting like a wanker

I think that the pilot and this episode are the 2 best, then episode 1 then episode 2.

Lost Oliver

Not seen ep 2/3 yet but was disappointed with the first one. Might sound daft (limmy) but I think he needs other people. Or at least other characters to interact with.

I liked the Brazil guy and some of the toaster bit but I didn't laugh out loud once which is rare for me, with him.

Absolutely loved the bis stop sketch though so here's hoping it picks up.

Oh and I don't mind him streaming. It's free and occasionally absolutely hilarious so what's not to like?