Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:26:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

going off the rails

Started by Gregory Torso, April 05, 2020, 12:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregory Torso

Anyone else getting full on alcohholic or drug depenedent off this isolation? I have no one with me right now dont wanr to die just want to be with the, nbut eating really badly dirnking a lot medication r un out and i cant be bothered. the life i;d built gine just me in my flat alone

writing a lot so thats a positibe

lots of sexy vibes,

idunnosomename

i am drinking slightly more alcohol than before but enjoying it less

gib

Gregory Torso

fuck me. kill me. erase me. barry ,neil, delete my entire being. i cant take this. i want to be with my family

poo

jobotic

Hang on in there Gregory, you're ace.

I'm drinking less. Lose it otherwise.

idunnosomename

fuck my pain away *present*

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Gregory Torso on April 05, 2020, 12:19:11 AM
fuck me. kill me. erase me. barry ,neil, delete my entire being. i cant take this. i want to be with my family

I hear you GT, and I'm sorry you're going through such shittiness, this is undoubtedly a horrendous time for many and I miss my family / new girlfriend too. All of that and living with shitty stinking inconsiderate men is driving me a bit mental as well, so I completely understand where you're coming from, and I guess all we can do is murder those who anger us remember that this won't be forever, and we will be returned to the bosom(s) of our loved ones sooner rather than later.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Just writing with a second " Hang on in there, Gregory".

Bit dull, I suppose, but am genuinely worried by the Boy Torsos recent posts.

Dewt

No I am losing weight and exercising

Glebe

I'm fairly stressed m'self Greg. You're not alone, mate. Stay strong brother.

Mister Six

All this shit will be done with, and you need to make sure you're there to enjoy it, Greg. Put down the booze, it's not going to make anything better, especially not depression and anxiety. And your wee 'un isn't going to want a pissed-up lush for a dad, is he?

EasyToType

This is going to be a calamity for recovering alcoholics/addicts. The very worst advice for people in that situation would be to stay indoors all the time and stay away from all other people.

McFlymo

I'm nearly 6 months off the booze, this has been a bit of a test for me. Luckily I am keeping in regular contact with a cousin who's also had issues with alcohol. Every now and then the two of us are like, "I mean you could just fuck it all away and have a piss up, at this point, couldn't you?" and then we both talk each other out of it, because really: What fucking good would that do? The world would still be ending, but now I'd be dependent on alcohol again and all the misery that comes with that shit.

Nah. Glad to be off the drink. Definitely.

This situation is shite, but it's gonna be better and more tolerable if you can keep clear headed enough to try and enjoy the (admittedly, very few) positives: Like endless streams of good shit to watch / listen to / read / play etc.

And don't forget all the wanking! YAY!

QDRPHNC

Off the cigs for 6 months but the boredom of isolation has me craving one. Eating and drinking too much. Thrown myself into a creative project that's been percolating for at least 10 years, so that feels good.

This will pass, GT. Everyone relax.

I haven't drank since December 24th 2016, however my sugar intake has increased massively. I feel a bit crap because of my shitty diet.

EasyToType

Abnormal Palm

I've had a week of a couple of beers, wines and whiskeys here and there but back on it now. I don't miss the flat lethargy you get from regular moderate drinking. Couple at the weekend, no cigs for a long time now. Thinking doing a marathon in the back garden to raise awareness.

imitationleather

If I didn't have my girlfriend's very stern judging gaze peeriing at me from across the living room I would definitely be getting pissed up 24/7 during all this. For a boozehound this crisis looks, feels, smells and tastes like a freebie.

Head Gardener

my missus is in Scotland and I'm stuck on me own way down south, but if I didn't HAVE to text or ring her at 8am every morning I'd fall to bits within days (probably)

Brundle-Fly

Me and the other half are off the sauce as of today. I've been getting pissed a lot these past few weeks and having epic lie-ins. Not doing any of the things I should be doing in this downtime. I'm fed up with having the fear, drunken arguments over petty shit, the squits and bumping my ever-growing beer gut on the door handles. Also, it's got bloody expensive and it's pretty daft to make one's immunity system weaker too.

rack and peanut

Little to no social contact, trying to find something to occupy my mind so I don't fall into a downward spiral of unhealthy introspection, sporadically poor diet and drinking broken up by attempts to take care of myself. I wish I could say this is what I've had to deal with during social distancing but it's pretty much the reality of my life before all of this. Initially I thought I was going to be handling this better than most due to being accustomed to it but it's like a mirror on everything I told myself wasn't wrong with me, the entire fucking world agreeing with each other on how shit their lives are now they're like mine. Everyone is looking forward to things getting back to normal but it will be much the same for me.

I know this is a petty thing to complain about, I'm still working and able to pay my rent and bills so I don't feel like I have any real problems, but it hurts to realise that the reason I don't know anyone having a hard time with this is because I don't know really know anyone.

I have genuine, sincere warm wishes of hope for anyone suffering through this, I don't want to wallow in self pity :-) xx

weekender

I explained this earlier, you're all going to get constipation.

Blue Jam

I've managed to find loads of reduced fresh fruit for some reason. Got two punnets of raspberries for 50p each yesterday. Very high in fibre.