Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:58:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

TV Series of High Fidelity (and other depictions of 'music fans' in film and TV)

Started by holyzombiejesus, April 05, 2020, 03:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jockice

Quote from: Jockice on April 07, 2020, 09:14:05 PM
Malf of them were in the trailer.

Malf? What the fuck does that mean? Ralph Malf?

Anyway, as a follow-up to SMBH's post the ones I got from the trailer are
!) The apartment.  Naturally.
2) The drinking JD in a bar while wearing a leather jacket. OK, I can't say if it's definitely JD but it is some kind of brown spirit. And she is wearing a leather jacket
£) The bisexuality bit. One of her exes is a blonde woman called Cat, who, if the story is true to the book/film, appears to be the 'big one'' the real heartbreaker (only renamed from Charlie).

So with SMBH's addition you nearly got full house. I bet there was a bit about vinyl in there as well. I must say though, the thing has to be extremely boring for him not even to remember girl-on-girl action featuring Zoe Kravitz. Or maybe it just wasn't mentioned in the first episode. Although I can see it as a definite selling point.

Also I've been in plenty of struggling record shops in my time. Most of them are about a tenth the size of the one featured in this.

New page Hornby Challenge.

Jockice

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on April 06, 2020, 10:04:39 AM
I think I must have been 16 or so when I first read it, at a point I was just getting into music myself, and quite enjoyed it. Then I re-read it  about ten years later and hated it for Hornby's tedious musical conservatism. I'm trying to remember how old the Rob character is supposed to be - early/mid 30s? - and yet had pretty much zero interest in any contemporary music.

I know for a fact that Nick Hornby doesn't like The Undertones. Which to me proves he has absolutely no taste whatsoever.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Jockice on April 08, 2020, 03:40:05 PMI must say though, the thing has to be extremely boring for him not even to remember girl-on-girl action featuring Zoe Kravitz. Or maybe it just wasn't mentioned in the first episode. Although I can see it as a definite selling point.

Ah, I remember the bisexuality aspect now, and put it down to the show being shockingly boring, with the main thing I remember about it all being just how ridiculously annoying her two friends were.

kalowski