Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:43:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrestling In The Time Of COVID-19: the new thread

Started by sevendaughters, April 06, 2020, 09:29:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gurke and Hare

Yeah, Tyson can fuck off.

The Britt Baker segment was sensational. At its best, this is legitimately the best comedy anywhere on TV right now.

Ja'moke

Also Ortiz being partially deaf after getting his bell rung cracked me up. As did Hager's poem.

Gurke and Hare

The reveal of all the boxes of t-shirts at the start was funny even though you knew exactly what was going to happen.

MrMrs

Who was the weird guy in the tight t-shirt at the end of dynamite

Ja'moke

Quote from: MrMrs on May 29, 2020, 12:38:27 PM

Mike Tyson.

letsgobrian

Quote from: MrMrs on May 29, 2020, 12:38:27 PM

Mickey Gooch Jr. An actor who is apparently only known for once dating Rebel Wilson.

magval

What's this pre-2000 gimmick Matt Hardy has 'rewound' to?

peanutbutter

that Taker series where he's wearing a Blue Lives Matter shirt for a big chunk of it still airing or has it finished?

magval

There's at least one more episode but it's not til the 14th for no reason they've saw fit to tell us, which is a shame, because it's awesome.

Moribunderast

Not generally a fan of 'policing' people's social media use but Chris Jericho really needs to shut up about these protests. Making himself look an utter prat. Lance Storm has said some great things so maybe he should give his buddy a call and clue him in a bit. I say this selfishly as Jericho is my all-time favourite and I try to overlook his obnoxiousness due to that bias. I really don't want to totally dislike him!

peanutbutter

Jericho does stuff like this occasionally and usually comes good. I think he's a legit decent guy who can be dumb outta living a bit of a blessed life (his own life explicitly, I mean, he's obviously had a lot of tragedies with friends and such).

Not sure he'd even be capable of guessing how rioting can be an understandable thing for people to do, but I reckon someone or another will get the point across that it he's got the wrong tact about it.

peanutbutter

Then again...
https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1267532984216948738

Speaking of which, guess who blocked me for respectfully asking him to take responsibility for enthusiastically quote tweeting disinformation from a known racist about the protests?

I used to think he was a guy with a lot of blind spots who largely meant well, but not anymore.

I'd imagine he knows who David Bixenspan enough to pause and take it in rather than dismissing it as trolling without a though

Deanjam

On the other hand, we have seen the emergence of some progressive thinking in Randy Orton. So there's that.

peanutbutter

Is Nia Jax just constantly almost killing people lately or was the one that happened this week taped a while ago?

Quote from: Deanjam on June 01, 2020, 09:36:25 PM
On the other hand, we have seen the emergence of some progressive thinking in Randy Orton. So there's that.
Seems like his wife has been a good influence, basically since he got his last divorce he's been consistently getting better with a lot of shit. Former president of his fan club, iirc.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: peanutbutter on June 03, 2020, 12:58:09 PM
Is Nia Jax just constantly almost killing people lately or was the one that happened this week taped a while ago?

No, she just really is that bad. Incredibly sloppy, she's never been any different and doesn't show any signs of betting better.

Custard

Hogan in being a twat shocker

https://youtu.be/7B7w4LHYpBU

Really nice hearing things directly from Taker's mouth now he's doing interviews

Deanjam

Since wrestling is a bit boring at the moment and we're discussing shitty people in the business, I thought I'd compile a few tweets from this week.

Firstly Jaxson Ryker [hideous name] decided this week was a good time to get his gimmick over while praising Trump.

Which earned the following rebuke from Kevin Owens

There were others, but that put it best. Turns out he has a black half-sister who was also unhappy

Linda Hogan also decided to show Hulk wasn't the only racist in the family

Whih earned her this amusing rebuke from Tony Khan

And finally, the sad sack that is Tammy Sytch. Who, after being criticised by a black lady for supporting Trump decided to tweer this [soon deleted] Tweet

And when questioned on what the 'N' stood for replied with

And while not racist, she ended with a funny dumb tweet

Custard

Jesus, what a dreadful thick as pigshit person

Mobius

Yeah that's really disgusting. As are 50% of the posts on the squaredcircle reddit. I really do hate the wrestling community a lot of the time. I'm glad we have this thread anyway.

Can't wait for NJPW to come back.

Ja'moke

Deanjam

Ja'moke

Very much tends to be the case when there are other things going on in the world, AEW drops, but NXT stays consistent.

As expected, news dominating the ratings again. Only five non-news shows above AEW (The Challenge, Real Housewives, House Hunters, Property Bros, Guys Grocery Games)

peanutbutter

Quote from: LindaMcMahon
Great employment numbers this morning
@realDonaldTrump
!!  We will continue to see the Great American Comeback!
https://twitter.com/Linda_McMahon/status/1269099097530740736
Pretty sure she's heading part of his campaign so no surprise, but regardless

WWE are gonna be dragged deep into the election by November, I suspect

Ja'moke

Will always enjoy Sasha and Bayley taking the piss out of Ryan Satin and his dumb "they were on the floor crying" story.

Bayley has been the best part of Smackdown in the lockdown era.

MrMrs

Ryan, who is a complete loser, is not the biggest loser in this scenario.

Timothy

Totally forgot NXT In Your House was yesterday. Gonna watch it tonight. Looking forward to it.

Ja'moke

Other than Cole v Dream, which was a load of shite, it was a really good event, especially Priest v Balor and Io v Rhea v Charlotte.