Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,479
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 03:55:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrestling In The Time Of COVID-19: the new thread

Started by sevendaughters, April 06, 2020, 09:29:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Utter Shit

Deanjam

Delightful use of the word fag there. Sounds like someone with some fucked up issues, so I'd take the claim with a pinch of salt.

Party Marty talks a ridiculous amount of shit thanks to multiple concussions and a copious amount of recreational drugs.

Hope he can fix himself one day.

EOLAN

Quote from: Deanjam on August 05, 2020, 05:30:21 PM
Delightful use of the word fag there. Sounds like someone with some fucked up issues, so I'd take the claim with a pinch of salt.

Yep. Enjoy the responses giving out mad to the derogatory term but not too bothered about admitting to (an unlikely) murder of said person to whom the derogatory term was used.
Went on a bit of a wormhole and did enjoy the "Supposed" tweet asking whether he should do the deed with the girl whom he carried out a paternity test on.

https://twitter.com/KentoCCFC/status/912959291711262723/photo/1

Deanjam

Quote from: EOLAN on August 05, 2020, 05:47:48 PM
Went on a bit of a wormhole and did enjoy the "Supposed" tweet asking whether he should do the deed with the girl whom he carried out a paternity test on.

https://twitter.com/KentoCCFC/status/912959291711262723/photo/1

Genuinely thought that was Charly Caruso.

Ja'moke

That opening multi match was far better than last week's. Great stuff.

The fuck is up with the crowd noise though. Way too loud in the mix.

Moribunderast

Quote from: Ja'moke on August 06, 2020, 01:21:10 AM
That opening multi match was far better than last week's. Great stuff.

The fuck is up with the crowd noise though. Way too loud in the mix.

I think the key with the multi-man match this week from last was the The Bucks and Omega were involved. They seem really good at planning out these kinds of matches that could be complete clusterfucks.

Ja'moke

That sea levels gag in the Jericho/OC debate was perfect.

Moribunderast

Quote from: Ja'moke on August 06, 2020, 02:33:43 AM
That sea levels gag in the Jericho/OC debate was perfect.

Great segment. Hyped for Orange to get his big win next week.

Moribunderast

Darby vs. Moxley was a great Main Event. Really good Dynamite, as usual. The show just flies by.

Ja'moke

Yeah great main event and top tier episode for pushing stories forward.

I do wish they'd give Shida a story or feud or something though.

Moribunderast

Quote from: Ja'moke on August 06, 2020, 03:44:15 AM
Yeah great main event and top tier episode for pushing stories forward.

I do wish they'd give Shida a story or feud or something though.

I think Shida's current thing is a bit of a Cody-like "face indie workers" while they wait for their signed women to become healthy or available. You'd think Britt wins her return match against Swole at All Out and becomes the next challenger for Shida's title. They probably do Nyla vs. Shida 2 at All Out for the Women's Title.

Ja'moke

That's not a story though and they haven't talked about it at all. And they didn't even mention the women's tag tournament other than scrolling results at the bottom of the screen.

It's just frustrating because I love pretty much everything else about AEW, but they're not doing right by their women's division at the minute.

Moribunderast

Oh I agree. Unfortunately I think the best booking minds (Khan, the Bucks and Cody) all focus on the singles and tag stuff so the Women's Division is left underserved. They are in a tough spot at the moment because out of their signed women I think the only ones available to wrestle are Shida, Nyla, Ford, Swole and Abadon.

Ja'moke

Apparently it's Kenny mostly in charge of booking the women. But all signs so far point to him not being good at it. And the one women's feud/story we have that is really good (Britt and Swole) was apparently booked by Cody with Britt and Swole's input.

So what the hell is Kenny doing?

kitsofan34

Much better Dynamite this week, JR seemed a little reserved, like he was restraining himself from his grumpy old man ramblings. That opening match seemed to be almost taking the piss in how fast paced it was after last week.

Cannot believe NXT have an angle where Pat fucking MacAfee knocked out their biggest star. Peanut brain shit.

Gurke and Hare

The build up to Mox/MJF should be great after that. What's the plot now? MJF wins the belt at All Out, then splits with Wardlow and loses it back to Mox at Full Gear?

The opening big tag was so much better than the previous week's. I'd kind of hope they'd learned lessons from the previous week, but that would have been taped at the same time wouldn't it?

Enjoying the Santana & Ortiz/Chucky T's mum feud.

hummingofevil

Quote from: Ja'moke on August 06, 2020, 11:47:35 AM
Apparently it's Kenny mostly in charge of booking the women. But all signs so far point to him not being good at it. And the one women's feud/story we have that is really good (Britt and Swole) was apparently booked by Cody with Britt and Swole's input.

So what the hell is Kenny doing?

I was under the impresson Kenny is more like an agent for the women and does match layouts and in-ring with QT being the trainer. There have been half a dozen excellent women's matches in AEW but the problem for me is that the average matches often dips to poor rather creep up to good which happens with the men. Also the roster is decimated with injuries and oversees missing.

Tony is still booking the angles and storylines.

hummingofevil

My fav thing about AEW is how deep the roster goes in terms of having credible wrestlers who it's fine to like as your cult fav who might not be a top top guy. Of course in classic Fed days Hogan was all dominating but there were a dozen wrestlers who different people had as their favs. I always loved Earthquake. My cult fav of AEW is The Butcher. The mid card is really strong in the way there is noone booked as a fucking idiot (unlike the other place who seems to have booked 95% of their roster as idiots).

Gurke and Hare

Just remembered JR saying "Darby Allin, many times he's been called a strange enigma." Yes Jim, by you.

up_the_hampipe

Enjoyed the Orange Cassidy & Jericho thing with Bischoff. Enjoyed the Darby Allin vs. Jon Moxley main event. Enjoyed the Pat McAfee angle on NXT. Didn't enjoy RAW Underground or Montez Ford being roofied. That's my WON style review of the week.

Ja'moke

Quote from: hummingofevil on August 06, 2020, 03:31:35 PM
I was under the impresson Kenny is more like an agent for the women and does match layouts and in-ring with QT being the trainer. There have been half a dozen excellent women's matches in AEW but the problem for me is that the average matches often dips to poor rather creep up to good which happens with the men. Also the roster is decimated with injuries and oversees missing.

Tony is still booking the angles and storylines.

The women's matches themselves aren't the problem. Shida vs Nyla at Double or Nothing was ace. Shida vs Ford the other week was also really good. And even the tag matches in the tournament this week were enjoyable despite working with green talent.

It's definitely the booking of the women that is the issue. They never give the champion a story or personal feud to get stuck into. I assume Nyla will get her rematch with Shida at All Out, but that story should be well underway by now. Not just Nyla saying "I want my title back." Have Vicki slap Shida or something to start heating it up.

In ratings news, AEW did 901k (0.36 demo) last night and NXT did 753k (0.20 demo), both up on last week, even against the NBA. Back to pre-pandemic numbers.

Oh, I also enjoyed Pat punting Adam Cole on NXT.

BeardFaceMan

Was Cardona always so jacked or has he just been busy during lockdown? He looks huge. And he seems to have dropped the Broski shit so this may turn out ok.

Ja'moke

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on August 06, 2020, 10:01:41 PM
Was Cardona always so jacked or has he just been busy during lockdown? He looks huge. And he seems to have dropped the Broski shit so this may turn out ok.

He's pretty similar to how he looked in WWE, probably just looks bigger when up against guys like Silver and Reynolds.

Gurke and Hare

hummingofevil

Quote from: Ja'moke on August 06, 2020, 09:32:32 PM
The women's matches themselves aren't the problem. Shida vs Nyla at Double or Nothing was ace. Shida vs Ford the other week was also really good. And even the tag matches in the tournament this week were enjoyable despite working with green talent.

It's definitely the booking of the women that is the issue. They never give the champion a story or personal feud to get stuck into. I assume Nyla will get her rematch with Shida at All Out, but that story should be well underway by now. Not just Nyla saying "I want my title back." Have Vicki slap Shida or something to start heating it up.

In ratings news, AEW did 901k (0.36 demo) last night and NXT did 753k (0.20 demo), both up on last week, even against the NBA. Back to pre-pandemic numbers.

Oh, I also enjoyed Pat punting Adam Cole on NXT.

Yes. I agree with all this. It seems so odd they aren't doing it as the long term stories with the men seem to be so well planned.

Speaking of which I got an IWTV $10 sub just for a month (I was hoping the new GCW shows might appear on there but sadly not) and am watching the original Joey Janela Spring Break. The card is stacked from top to bottom with AEW talent (my man Andy Williams looks about twenty years younger) and it is great fun (it you ignore the pretty gross commentary - #speakingout in more ways than one).

I am about to finally watch that Marty Jannety Joey Janela match that everyone raved about at the time.Seems like today is the perfect time.

hummingofevil

Janela Jannety was fun but Matt Riddle Dan Severn main event was great. Really enjoyed that.

BeardFaceMan

Part of AEW's problem with their women's division is that it's so stacked that there's no room for them all on a single 2 hour weekly show. The male roster is ridiculously stacked as well, and they generally only give the women one match a week, so who do they drop down from Dynamite to Dark to make room? It's a nice problem to have, for sure. But then on top of all the talent they have signed, they bring in indie guys and gals too. They need a longer show or another tv show to properly use all the people they have. Personally, I think 2 hours is the sweet spot for a weekly show, 3 hours is too much and should be saved for PPVs and special events, but they could definitely do with another weekly show. I'd really like to see at least 2 women's matches a week on Dynamite on the reg, and with the talent they have there's no reason they can't do this.

Ja'moke

They could at the very least give Shida a promo or backstage interview or video package or something if she's not going to be wrestling. Someone elsewhere put it into context, but imagine they had the World Champion or TNT Champion just waving in the crowd each week? They wouldn't.