Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:13:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Comedy moments that form part of your everyday inner monologue

Started by Thomas, April 06, 2020, 09:37:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas

... and/or interactions with others.

'This is the one thing we didn't want to happen' is frequently quoted, whenever even the smallest ironic setback occurs, and Adam Buxton's remixed refrain of 'where's my charger gone?' comes to mind most mornings.

Go on tell me YOURS

chrispmartha

I don't think there's a day goes by that I don't think of something from Down the Line, there's probably too many to list.

Yesterday there was someone who asked me where someone was from and my immediate thought was to reply either...

Putney or Hemel Hempstead.

Anytime I her a dog barking... SHUT IT!! WILL YOU SHUT IT.

Anytime I hear a Liverpudlian accent... We're DYING up here lad.

And anything by Felix Dexter figures daily in my mind.

I don't suppose it helps that I listen to LBC a lot and the similarities of some of the callers is quite amazing.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Cromulent, often preceded by perfectly.

The very first episode of Bottom? Incels.

Any time I see any arguments about gun control I think of Inspector Fowler's "Gasforth is a human nest" speech.

I have on occasion tented my fingers and murmured "Good. Goooood" like the giant cockroach in Family Guy.

Another shout for Dr Buckles, with "raaamblechat, let's have a raaamblechat" suddenly popping into my head when in the middle of any task.

Also I know it split opinion here but I carried away loads from This Time with Alan Partridge. I hear Tim Key's "Bird it" whenever using touchscreen technology, so about a thousand times more often than can be healthy.

magval

I was thinking about starting more or less this same thread yesterday when it occurred to me I think (and say) Bishop Brennan's "come here to me" probably everyday.

Tony Yeboah

Doing anything slightly out of my comfort zone: 'I'm Louis Theroux. I'm Louis Theroux and his wry smile at the orgy.'

Captain Crunch

Quote from: chrispmartha on April 06, 2020, 09:44:39 AMI don't suppose it helps that I listen to LBC a lot and the similarities of some of the callers is quite amazing.

I'm still 99% sure Simon Day has done his 'beat that' caller on Call You & Yours. 

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: chrispmartha on April 06, 2020, 09:44:39 AM

And anything by Felix Dexter figures daily in my mind.

I have referred to our current situation as the 'popaclips'.

The Culture Bunker

On the (thankfully rare) occasions I find myself in a taxing situation, I do go through a copy of Homer's "Okay, brain. You don't like me, and I don't like you, but let's get through this thing and then I can continue killing you with beer".

Stoneage Dinosaurs

From the Peep Show university episode I have Mark's "why am I walking into the jaws of death?" whenever I go into a 1:1 meeting at work

Cuellar

Spoon of Ploff

I've never told anyone this, but often when I'm having a slash I will say (in my head) to the toilet bowl "Drink St.Peter's piss."  I'll do it with the accent as well.

chrispmartha

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on April 06, 2020, 01:27:24 PM
I have referred to our current situation as the 'popaclips'.

I nearly crashed my car listening to the that call.

It was at least the tenth time Id heard it aswell.

The arsemens are coming!

Thomas

Quote from: Tony Yeboah on April 06, 2020, 12:35:31 PM
Doing anything slightly out of my comfort zone: 'I'm Louis Theroux. I'm Louis Theroux and his wry smile at the orgy.'

Oh, yes, a classic. Peep Show, by its very nature, is stacked with these. I often insist to my partner that the Jurassic Park toys I keep on the windowsill are models. 'I'm just arranging my models.'

Dusty Substance

A comedy moment from a non-comedy film - Every time I use a wired mouse (and I mean every. single. time) I think of Scotty from Star Trek IV saying "Hello computer" into the mouse.

Dewt

I have a lot of these but my brain is not in the right frame of mind to recall them.

Something I have stuck in my head all the time though is Michael Jackson answering "the UK" during an interview with a small sexy boy when asked what his favourite place to tour is. It sounds really insincere, just an answer to butter up the boy so that later he might get a chance at buttering up the boy, and his voice is very Tiny Tim/that demon from Cow and Chicken.

That pops into my head all the time when I hear a question. "The UK!". Can't find the interview for the life of me though.

Early D's "Niiiiceness, niiiceness!" often springs to mind at random moments.

Also John Candy in the Blues Brother's "Orange whip?, oranger whip? three orange whips" whenever I'm taking a bar order.

gilbertharding

This is tragic, but whenever I see a sign with some letter missing, I always say 'Sunshine Desserts' to myself, because my Mum and Dad used to do the same.

It was a few years until I got to see The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin for myself, to actually get the reference.

Famous Mortimer

"It's been a while", filtered through Scott Aukerman, whenever anyone says that phrase.

jobotic

Quote from: gilbertharding on April 06, 2020, 08:38:20 PM
This is tragic, but whenever I see a sign with some letter missing, I always say 'Sunshine Desserts' to myself, because my Mum and Dad used to do the same.

It was a few years until I got to see The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin for myself, to actually get the reference.

I think I thought "I didn't get where I am today..." was my father's until I saw Reginald Perrin.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: chrispmartha on April 06, 2020, 05:42:49 PM
I nearly crashed my car listening to the that call.

It was at least the tenth time Id heard it aswell.

The arsemens are coming!

That must be the one where Simon Day tries to name all the horsemen as well? Absolute magic.

Bently Sheds

I always say the words "fancy man" in the same manner as the divorced scoutmaster character in CBBC comedy sketch show "Stupid".

This one is somewhat inexplicable, other than the fact that reruns of The Critic used to air very late on Comedy Central here in the States and I used to have it on while falling asleep, but to this day when something startling happens my subconscious will replay Jon Lovitz saying "Hachi machi!"

Cerys

Lemming

Always have a pitch-perfect soundbite of David Mitchell saying "BLAIR'S OIL WARS" come into my head whenever the Iraq War is mentioned.

"Surprise, then disappointment" from King of the Hill. Multi-purpose and suits a variety of occasions.

Anything of dubious quality is referred to as a "World Ranger Storm Buster IV".