Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:09:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Comedy moments that form part of your everyday inner monologue

Started by Thomas, April 06, 2020, 09:37:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petril

to get to B&Q I have to traverse and cross a busy dual carriage way. GOLDFINGER.

on the way back, I will lie to myself about how I'm never gonna use my purchases, never gonna use 'em.

I do use 'em though

Sebastian Cobb

When someone mentions their partners age and it's less than theirs.

Doesn't even have to be a significant difference.

Gurke and Hare

Not comedy, but if I'm cooking something mundane I'll often put on a Gregg Wallace voice and say "You're making beans on toast? In a Masterchef semi-final?"

markburgle

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on May 01, 2020, 11:37:33 AM
After a night out I also deliver in my best Tom thumb voice "well, we've had a lorra fun"

"In't that fun?", for me

Aleister Growley

I always like to use the Egg Wallace "THAT is a taste sensation!" when eating something utterly pedestrian.

Also whenever in the local shop I think
"'Ere Keith, have you seen the date on these marshmell-OWs"

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on May 03, 2020, 01:08:54 PM
Not comedy, but if I'm cooking something mundane I'll often put on a Gregg Wallace voice and say "You're making beans on toast? In a Masterchef semi-final?"

See now that's just made me think of Kilroy.

kalowski

I regularly and for no reason do the Partridge, "Wiv a little bit o' bloomin' luck "
And if there's ever two of anything (eg, "Right, so that's one tea and two coffees?") I say "Diddley dit di see, two ladies/coffees " etc, whatever the thing is.

Ferris

petril

Quote from: markburgle on May 03, 2020, 06:21:39 PM
"In't that fun?", for me

for me, that's always preceeded by the fuuuuuuuuun, fuuuuuuuuun fuuuuuuuun. but not Phill Jupitus

famethrowa

I like to do "this..... comedy" from the start of Derek & Clive whenever browsing categories and such, just got to get it with the right kind of disdain.

"Eeeeeerm, yeah!"

From Pauline's egregious job interview with Ross.

MjjW

Whenever I see anything "Treee! treee! Caaaar! Baby Jesus, awwwww" from English for Aliens.

https://youtu.be/0k1eicbZqfA

petril

any doubts I have over someone's plans mean a length pause to suppress a dodgy Canadian-accented "but Mister LISTER SIR..."

famethrowa

SpiderChrist

My brain always wants to add "...and not a cheap clip joint for picking up tarts" to the description whenever someone asks me what a pub/restaurant is like.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

This bit from The Simpsons inspired the nickname I gave to my work computer.

petril

any celebrity or notable death sets off an echoey mix of their name, and then a Michael Buerk "who died, today".

this is always followed by a "born <first_name>, <last_name>..."

famethrowa

Quote from: petrilTanaka on May 06, 2020, 07:23:34 PM
any celebrity or notable death sets off an echoey mix of their name, and then a Michael Buerk "who died, today".

this is always followed by a "born <first_name>, <last_name>..."

Yes! Good one.

magval

Quote from: jobotic on April 12, 2020, 02:15:31 PM
Watching Father Ted last night when Ted does his exaggerated laugh followed by a bemused look to the side when Polly the author makes her joke about Dostoevksy and all the lads.

Same here, I was just telling my wife about it a few days ago in fact.

Gulftastic

Whenever I watch Coronation Street and there's a dramatic scene where someone mentions Maria, I have to repeat the name in my best Hennity impression from 'The Bureau'.

The Culture Bunker

I also find if anyone talks about the film "Highlander" (which doesn't happen often), I feel like chuckling and saying "oh, <their name>, Highlander was a documentary and the events happened in real time."

A couple of shouty Partridge ones I use regularly in everyday situations:

"TRY AND REMEMBER!!!!" from the Knowing Me Knowing You radio series (can't remember the exact episode) and:

"STOP TELLING ME WHAT TO DO!!!!"
not usually bellowed into a traffic cone though..

Thomas

Recently, if something unfair happens, I find myself mimicking Peep Show's Toni: 'Where's my.. piece of pie?'

neveragain

Fr.Bigley

I always think of the Ted Maul report on the Cowsick estate when I see a scummy family getting in my way...."how about you get a job..or he gets stuffed!"

Old Nehamkin

I think of Troy McClure saying "that's not a question, professor" every time I see someone ending a declarative statement with a question mark.

QDRPHNC

Quote from: famethrowa on April 21, 2020, 01:56:24 PM
I cannot read or say the name "Milwaukee" without saying it like Alice Cooper in Wayne's World... milli-walk-ayy

I do that too!

Also "particularly virulent" in Partridge's voice.

And when someone says haute cuisine, I always think, hot food.

Every time I see a bureau du change I have to say 'I'M CLOSING TH BUREAU... for an hour.'

Very often 'I don't like you, Jan' when people speak to me at work.

petril

Quote from: Old Nehamkin on May 08, 2020, 06:02:53 PM
I think of Troy McClure saying "that's not a question, professor" every time I see someone ending a declarative statement with a question mark.

you END a DECLARATIVE STATEMENT? with a QUESTION MARK?