Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 04:45:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Comedy moments that form part of your everyday inner monologue

Started by Thomas, April 06, 2020, 09:37:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phes

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on July 03, 2020, 01:41:33 AM
That show was magic when they still had a bit of heart to it. Tried to watch one of the later ones a few weeks back and it just stank the place out.
Just rewatching it now. About to begin S4 and don't recall when the rot sets it, but I'm hoping it's not for at least a couple of seasons

Ferris

Quote from: phes on July 03, 2020, 07:19:44 AM
Just rewatching it now. About to begin S4 and don't recall when the rot sets it, but I'm hoping it's not for at least a couple of seasons

It's around 6 I think? Conky and fucking what's his name from that shit metal band turning up were the death knell (along with the disappearance of Corey & Trevor, who were treated pretty shittily if rumours are to be believed).

Should have ended it after Countdown to Liquor Day.

Blue Jam

My local Tesco has all the healthy snacks by the checkouts, including a brand of fruit crisps called Nim's. Naturally I can't queue up there without a voice inside my head shouting "OH NIM, NIM, FUCKING NIM! IF YOU LOVE NIM SO MUCH WHY DON'T YOU SCREW HIM?"

Sonny_Jim

So many to choose from Arrested Development, but I always internally say this whenever I have a cheeky stroke of luck:

'Well, that was a freebie'

MikkiDisco

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on July 04, 2020, 03:15:10 AM
So many to choose from Arrested Development, but I always internally say this whenever I have a cheeky stroke of luck:

I find it almost impossible to have a joint without declaring that I'm going to smoke the marijuana like a cigarette.

zomgmouse

So many to choose from Arrested Development

During the pandemic I'm finding myself thinking "No touching!" a lot.

Gulftastic

This might have been mentioned already, and I bet I'm not the only one, but any mention of Benjamin Netanyahu brings one phrase to mind....

gilbertharding

So many to choose from Arrested Development...

As you say... "I've made a huge mistake" frequently has cause to escape my mouth. Perhaps along with "I don't understand the question and i won't respond to it"

Evil Knevil

"Ever seen a man say goodbye to a shoe?"

"once"

Comes up surprisingly often taking off my 3 year old's plimsoles.

Blue Jam

Almost every line from the Bad Lip Reading of the Trump inauguration gets used in our house:

https://youtu.be/gneBUA39mnI

"I WIIIIIN!" and "Hadouken to your face" are common Rocket League battlecries.

Also when cleaning the fridge or whatever, "That's naaaaasty!" from this one:

https://youtu.be/zC4YpPspnUc

Blue Jam

One we fortunately don't have much cause to use, certainly not every day, but if Mr Jam or I see a used condom on the floor one of us will go "Oh look, a used condom" and the other will reply "But how do you know?"

https://youtu.be/Lz-l5HiJ3NY

Sebastian Cobb

When Mark derails a boring meeting after yelping in pain as he's got a bulldog clip stuck on his tongue.

Quite relatable really, when I was in school I had to have an eye-bath because in a boring lesson I got distracted looking at how if you squeeze an ink cartridge a bit ink can seep round the sides of the ball-bearing seal, with predictable results.

Ferris

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 17, 2020, 05:40:25 PM
When Mark derails a boring meeting after yelping in pain as he's got a bulldog clip stuck on his tongue.

Quite relatable really, when I was in school I had to have an eye-bath because in a boring lesson I got distracted looking at how if you squeeze an ink cartridge a bit ink can seep round the sides of the ball-bearing seal, with predictable results.

Peep Show is huge for this (lines that get stuck in your head, not exploding ink cartridges).

Anytime I see Frankfurt I pronounce it Fwankfort, also any time I see "a simple" Becks in the liquor store.

Sebastian Cobb

Ferris

Oz Oz Alice

On the phone today I said "the only problem is my neighbours are making too much NOISE ALL THE TIME" exactly like Charlie Kelly in the IASIP Kitten Mittens advert.

Sebastian Cobb

One of my mates had a full-on fundamentalist upbringing, he still doesn't really believe in evolution, but he once came out with the gem 'going round our aunt's was a chore, they didn't even really allow music, it was like oh great! 200 channels locked out'.

Gulftastic

Everytime I hear the phrase 'groin injury', this plays in my head, especially the closing 'Groin g-g-groin-g-g-groin injury'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg9ruee3Vos

McFlymo

If anyone ever says anything about car parks, or parking, in my head I immediately hear:

"Yes I know what a parking meters are"

McFlymo

Quote from: Blue Jam on July 11, 2020, 01:31:24 PM
One we fortunately don't have much cause to use, certainly not every day, but if Mr Jam or I see a used condom on the floor one of us will go "Oh look, a used condom" and the other will reply "But how do you know?"

https://youtu.be/Lz-l5HiJ3NY

19 Spotify Lane? When was this made? Is Spotify a normal word? Have they made a fool out of me?

McFlymo

Quote from: Harry Badger on June 15, 2020, 11:26:13 AM
From the same episode - 'Puuudding', whenever dessert is on the horizon.

"... Sounds like a mouthful..."

kalowski

I've notice that if any says something that includes the word "so", like, "his trousers were so tight" I immediately think "Oh Mr Belpit, your legs are so swollen!"

paruses

I was queuing in a shop earlier and realised that when I step up to the register at a cigarette kiosk my mind says "may I please have ten thousand marbles?"

Blue Jam

Quote from: McFlymo on July 18, 2020, 04:52:01 AM
19 Spotify Lane? When was this made? Is Spotify a normal word? Have they made a fool out of me?

that's the joke.gif

Lately I've been watching a lot of Succession and making a lot of bread. I now refer to all my bread dough and bread starters as "bread goo".

"Thanks for the, uh, bread goo".

Blue Jam

When I'm in a shop and undecided about buying something: "I guess you could say I'm buy-curious!"

canadagoose

When I find something unexpected which is actually worth keeping, I say "I'll 'ave that" like Les the barman from Men Behaving Badly when he finds the egg in the book.

Whenever I see any mention of Weston-super-Mare, I have to repeat it like Rik Mayall did live once, with mock thrusting (if I'm alone). "WESTON SYOOPA MEHHHH"

typeforty

It never makes sense, least of all to me, but for some reason I've always had "Oh dear, Richard the Third" from Black Adder in my head when things go awry.

Ornlu

Quote from: canadagoose on July 22, 2020, 11:45:12 AM
Whenever I see any mention of Weston-super-Mare, I have to repeat it like Rik Mayall did live once, with mock thrusting (if I'm alone). "WESTON SYOOPA MEHHHH"

Same with me and one of Bill Bailey's stand-up shows mentioning a Marilyn Manson gig - 'an eight-foot freak with eyes different colours down on one knee going "MILLTOOON KEEEEEYYNEES"'

Ornlu

Quote from: McFlymo on July 18, 2020, 04:52:01 AM

Says it's from the 10th anniversary special in 2012, so it checks out.

Sebastian Cobb

I sent a couple of pals in a whatsapp a small video of images generated by an AI I'd trained on a load of pictures of brutalist architecture

And one of them, without missing, a beat replied with a video of Brian Potter saying 'have you ever kissed a girl?'

wasn't even mad tbh