Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:56:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Comedy moments that form part of your everyday inner monologue

Started by Thomas, April 06, 2020, 09:37:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zomgmouse

Quote from: typeforty on July 22, 2020, 01:49:09 PM
It never makes sense, least of all to me, but for some reason I've always had "Oh dear, Richard the Third" from Black Adder in my head when things go awry.

Whenever things get quite anxious I get the bit from Blackadder Goes Forth in the final episode when Blackadder says "I've got to get out of here!" in a truly panicked voice pop in my head.

petril

Quote from: canadagoose on July 22, 2020, 11:45:12 AM
When I find something unexpected which is actually worth keeping, I say "I'll 'ave that" like Les the barman from Men Behaving Badly when he finds the egg in the book.

Whenever I see any mention of Weston-super-Mare, I have to repeat it like Rik Mayall did live once, with mock thrusting (if I'm alone). "WESTON SYOOPA MEHHHH"

it's the same with me and Nottingham, just means I'm internally doing that Rik Mayall FUCKIN' 'ELL bit from one of the live Bottoms

phes

There's a seagull that lands on a flat top roof across from my bedroom window to drink from the pooled water. Always give a little OY! (Vince, 15 Storeys High)

Blue Jam

Do you like shouting at cyclists as well? As a cyclist I don't mind insults. As long as they're accurate.

One for people who menstrate (mwahahaha Glinner): When my period starts I hear Mark Corrigan's voice joyfully singing "I'm not having a baby..."

Sebastian Cobb

Ha, the 'angry driver' from Fast Show popped into my head as I was wandering about the other day.

"Man with hat! Man WITHOUT hat!"

SpiderChrist

When asked questions I cannot answer, I always have to fight the urge to say "I don't know" in Barry Homeowner's voice.

pandadeath

Whenever Aston Villa are struggling to hold onto a lead I recall the bit in The Armando Ianucci Shows where he was talks about patterns in the sequencing of the human genome "T-T-A-don't piss it away- C-G-A..."

I occasionally find myself doing Steve Coogan's medieval chanting from The Day Today "Hapa-haran-doo" and I take great delight in telling my parents that Michael Ball has a tremendous amount of blood in his body every time I see him on TV.

I'm sure there are lots of others that are so ingrained into the fabric of my existence that I can't recall many off the top of my head though

kalowski

I definitely had "I'm not cursing, I am in fact bleeding radiators" going through my head today.

Milk and coffee [...] what a drink!
Nah nah nah, I want my Danish and my coffee right now now now!

non capisco

Quote from: SpiderChrist on July 23, 2020, 07:16:27 PM
When asked questions I cannot answer, I always have to fight the urge to say "I don't know" in Barry Homeowner's voice.

Probably mentioned this before but I briefly worked with a woman recently called Rosa Rooney and I could never not hear that name as spoken by Barry Homeowner.

On another podcast tip whenever I see Nutella in the supermarket now I hear Taylor Parkes from Chart Music shouting "I MUST have my Nutella!" in a German exchange student voice. Also David Lammy MP did quite a serious and sobering post-George Floyd AMA over Microsoft Teams at our workplace not long ago and before the start of every question all I heard in my head was James Acaster yelling "POPPADOMS OR BREAD? POPPADOMS OR BREAD, DAVID LAMMY? POPPADOMS OR BREAD?" More of a Peter's Mad Internal Thought, that one, I guess.

The Mollusk

Quote from: Smeraldina Rima on July 23, 2020, 09:07:29 PM
Milk and coffee [...] what a drink!

The insane delivery of that line is fantastic. I'm similarly always drawn to "Imagine this is a commercial <takes a sip> Boy, that's really good coffee."

famethrowa

Quote from: SpiderChrist on July 23, 2020, 07:16:27 PM

My "I don't know" is a bit more old school....

zomgmouse

My partner and I do a cheesy thing where if we're across the room from each other, we each put up half a heart shape with our fingers and try to connect them to make the heart, but then proceed to SQUISH YOUR HEAD!!!! à la Kids in the Hall.

Thought about it for a while and while not strictly a comedy moment, Morris as Wayne Carr saying "Goooood point" has been bouncing around in my head since I first heard it 15 or so years ago.

"It dunt really matter, does it?"

And Phoenix Nights "he gets em! And he drops em!!"

zomgmouse

Quote from: Pawawal Hooberdand on July 24, 2020, 07:40:45 AM
"It dunt really matter, does it?"

Is this Vic & Bob? I think I do this one too.

Also speaking of Vic & Bob whenever the word "meetings" comes up I also think of "too many meetings!!!!!!"

Also, "the FBI!!!"

Cuellar

Chris from Catterick going "I KNOW", whenever anyone tells me something.

Alan Partridge saying "Disgusting...absolutely disgusting", most recently when I saw some birds had shat all over my car.

paruses

Quote from: Cuellar on July 24, 2020, 12:23:32 PM
Chris from Catterick going "I KNOW", whenever anyone tells me something.

Alan Partridge saying "Disgusting...absolutely disgusting", most recently when I saw some birds had shat all over my car.

I usually have to pay for that sort of thing.

(You reminded me that I mentally add that sort of thing on in to things as above. From The Fast Show Italian footballer being interviewed... "Mi Tutti Di tutti Di... shagged that Danni Behr"

Blue Jam

Quote from: paruses on July 24, 2020, 12:37:46 PM

(You reminded me that I mentally add that sort of thing on in to things as above. From The Fast Show Italian footballer being interviewed... "Mi Tutti Di tutti Di... shagged that Danni Behr"

Julio Geordio

The one that always stuck in my head for years after was "Stuck me toe out and it went in like"

samadriel

"I'm worried" from Dirty Fan Male
"Jesus Christ" from 15 Storeys High

Blue Jam

Quote from: samadriel on July 25, 2020, 02:18:19 AM
No joy. What is it? I must know!

Arrghh, the photo's gone! It was Professor Denzil Dexter in The Fast Show, and that sketch where he says something like: "We took one test tube and filled it with ordinary tap water, and we put one tube on the roof of the laboratory and filled it with rainwater. Why? *shrugs* I dunno..."

canadagoose

Quote from: non capisco on July 23, 2020, 09:15:46 PM
On another podcast tip whenever I see Nutella in the supermarket now I hear Taylor Parkes from Chart Music shouting "I MUST have my Nutella!" in a German exchange student voice.
I'd forgotten about that bit, but now I'm going to do the same.

easytarget

What you you want for breakfast kofi annan?
Yes please
Every (every) time I go to the shop up the road to get coffee and a pastry.

chrispmartha

Quote from: zomgmouse on July 24, 2020, 07:56:27 AM
Is this Vic & Bob? I think I do this one too.

Also speaking of Vic & Bob whenever the word "meetings" comes up I also think of "too many meetings!!!!!!"

Also, "the FBI!!!"

If anyone says 'shoebox' i have to immediately repeat in the style of Marvin & Otis ala Vic & Bob

1:40 in
https://youtu.be/Oi60CCM9jZU

I have a Marvin & Otis style one that pops in my head often when a "do all apples have pips?" style question arises.

"Some do and some don't!"

zomgmouse

Quote from: zomgmouse on July 24, 2020, 01:58:19 AM
My partner and I do a cheesy thing where if we're across the room from each other, we each put up half a heart shape with our fingers and try to connect them to make the heart, but then proceed to SQUISH YOUR HEAD!!!! à la Kids in the Hall.

Wait it's CRUSH not SQUISH shit oops

Lisa Jesusandmarychain