Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:55:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Comedy moments that form part of your everyday inner monologue

Started by Thomas, April 06, 2020, 09:37:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

famethrowa

I cannot read or say the name "Milwaukee" without saying it like Alice Cooper in Wayne's World... milli-walk-ayy

Cold Meat Platter

Every time the Chinese are mentioned I can't help thinking "a great bunch of lads."

petril

every George sets off a wee reminder not to call them Georgie Porgie in case they fucking go... bananas

earl_sleek

"WINE! The great enemy!" from the good Major https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ekujLk3xS8

I have to suppress the urge to respond with Homer's "I don't know" from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3FUVDJtiSQ when asked for my name.

Gurke and Hare

A friend posted pictures of her kitten on a WhatsApp group yesterday, and I was unable not to respond with "Look at her little face, it's almost as if she understands."

famethrowa

Quote from: earl_sleek on April 23, 2020, 10:20:32 AM
"WINE! The great enemy!" from the good Major https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ekujLk3xS8

I really want to use the phrase "renewed vigour" more, trying to work on it.

Pete23

Not many due to my terrible memory, but "My only regret...is that I have... Boneitis" from Futurama pops up pretty regularly, as does "Who is your El Guapo?" from the Three Amigos (spoiler: it's usually El Guapo who's my El Guapo).

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Pete23 on April 23, 2020, 12:45:35 PM
Not many due to my terrible memory, but "My only regret...is that I have... Boneitis" from Futurama pops up pretty regularly, as does "Who is your El Guapo?" from the Three Amigos (spoiler: it's usually El Guapo who's my El Guapo).

Sometimes have the urge to ask "would you say I have a plethora?" when someone remarks on a large quantity.

Ferris

Often, while at work - the fast show character who confirms everything while buying a pair of trousers. "And I try them on in there do I? And I take my own trousers off first?" etc

Also while explaining something that someone clearly hasn't understood at all, Ted describing the raffle scam to Dougal (particularly Dougal's "so you'll put on the hat, to give me the signal")

Sebastian Cobb

Just stuck top of the pops on. Which had Bette Midler on it.

This will forever be Wind Beneath my Wheels in my head.

petril

any time I'm shown a load of Nazi stuff by someone will always provoke "You don't have anything from the Allied side?"

jobotic

Twice I heard Simply The Best on the radio last week and Paul Baron quietly said "Simply The Breast" into my ear.

And I often say "I got serious reservation" like his brother, although generally not out loud, when I'm unsure of something.

beanheadmcginty

My mate Tim is probably extremely bored with me saying "LANGUAGE TIMOTHY" whenever he says a swear.

Ferris

Don't panic, Mr Mainwaring! Don't panic!

Anytime someone gets needlessly worked up over something trivial.

greencalx

petril

Quote from: jobotic on April 25, 2020, 03:24:39 PM
Twice I heard Simply The Best on the radio last week and Paul Baron quietly said "Simply The Breast" into my ear.

And I often say "I got serious reservation" like his brother, although generally not out loud, when I'm unsure of something.

also: not being able to resist saying that Mika Häkkinen is from Hong Kong

also also: that Les Dennis gameshow is always Fortune of Family

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Sometimes I make dinner with whatever is going to go out of date if I don't use it. As I fire it all into the pot I think to myself "Pernod, ouzo, marmalade and salt."

kalowski

If anyone gives me the time of something but used the 24 hour clock I say, "So what's that? 50 hours? 120 hours?"
It's rare I have to do this, but it always causes confusion. I feel like I'm the only person who's seen Spinal Tap.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: petrilTanaka on April 25, 2020, 07:38:01 PM

Also: when trying to reassure someone about a plan/idea, going "Tony, Tony, Tony..." in a Paul Barron voice.

Quote from: petrilTanaka on April 25, 2020, 07:38:01 PM

There's a moment when Paul Baron is trying to impress a girl when he holds a stainless steel sink guard to his face and says "Could happen". I use this regularly but mostly to myself as it's an obscure moment even for R&M fans.

The Club is R&M's greatest creation, I stand by that statement.

petril

digging yet again into Bang Bang:

the 1996 F1 World Champion is not Damon Hill, it was Daaaaaaaaamon 'Ill

Small Man Big Horse

I currently live near a Palmerston Road that I walk past about eight times a week, and every fucking time I see it my brain does the whole "Pitt The Elder...Lord Palmerston" thing now, to be the point that it's actively annoying.

Jockice

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on April 26, 2020, 01:01:00 AM
I currently live near a Palmerston Road that I walk past about eight times a week, and every fucking time I see it my brain does the whole "Pitt The Elder...Lord Palmerston" thing now, to be the point that it's actively annoying.

At my old job the main entrance didn't open until after I arrived so I had to use the service lift to get up to the office. It was one of those with sliding doors that slammed when you shut them. So every single morning my brain would go: "Norman Stanley Fletcher..."

markburgle

Not internal, external - for a while I was in the habit of offering people a cup of tea in the insinuating way that Eddie offers the burglar one in Bottom after they've decided that they're going to poison him.

Fr.Bigley

When someone tells me bad news I hear a load of sheep farmers loudly rabbling closely followed by....."Fuckin 'el!"

paruses

I often have Geoff from LoG saying "yea, cherries! 'cos cherries are really small" rattling around in my head during conversations. I couldn't pinpoint what triggers it though.

And " I've got this gun ya know!" when I am being cajoled into doing something I don't really want to do. Obvs I don't shout that out loud. That's stays internal.