Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:55:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Project Zomboid.

Started by Kryton, April 06, 2020, 06:24:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kryton

Recently got back into this - Playing the IWBUMS beta as it got a massive update.

For those not in the know, it's an isometric zombie survival / sandbox game. Everything is there to worry you - from hunger, dealing with injuries, dealing with infection, temperature, weather and somewhere to sleep... to well... dealing with zombies.

The new updates really breathe fresh air into it - Lots of vehicles (and vehicle mechanics such as flat batteries or dealing with a burst tire or salvaging fuel). It's a brilliant addition, especially if you're the type of player who likes hoarding or living as a nomad.
Also the animations (which have been a long time coming) are great. Zombies stagger in many different ways, tumble over fences, crawl after you with broken legs etc. There's also a huge variety of zombie skins, every zombie is now unique.
You now limp if injured, stagger if drunk, you can fall over walls and get tripped up.

I think the injury system has been updated too. I dove out of a broken window and landed on glass and ended up limping, until I pulled out the glass.

The weather system is fantastic. Scary fog, thick mist, ominous rain and thunder. All affecting your visibility or muffling noises or soaking you to the skin.

Kryton

Currently my character is hiding out in an old bar with an upstairs living space. It's fairly remote, so less hordes.
I recently managed to find keys to a van and have raided a gas station for fuel, but had to drop my canisters in the forecourt when I was swarmed - and managed to escape in my van with a few nasty scratches. I managed to kill about twelve of the buggers with my van (to stop them from following me back to my shitty base). But I fucked up my van and need to do some mechanical repairs.

However I'm now without transport and in too much pain to sleep. But it's too dark to go out.

I can't even barricade my base yet as I don't have a saw (but I have an axe, crowbar, screwdriver and hammer and nails), but I guess I can chop down a load of lumber in preparation for it.
I've screened all the windows with curtains and turned off all the lights and positioned myself upstairs and just waiting for morning. Hoping a random zombie doesn't sniff me out.

All I have is a crackling television for company and various books (which I can use to learn skills). Thankfully there's still a power supply and the water is still on. So I'm going to fill up as many containers with water whilst I have nothing else to do.

--

Anyone else played it?

Two of the bastards broke in downstairs during a thunderstorm.