Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:51:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Corona Rage

Started by Camp Tramp, April 06, 2020, 08:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Camp Tramp

I saw something today that was quite horrible. Nobody came out well from the incident, apart from maybe the security guard who broke the scuffle up.

I was in the queue at Morrisons, roughly about 1.30 pm. All of a sudden I heard a lot of shouting behind me. I heard the last few words.

"You laughing at me isn't funny!". A homeless guy was haranguing an older man in the queue. I don't know if he had laughed but I don't think it really mattered. The homeless man was obviously mentally unwell. He proved this by gobbing in the older man's face. Understandably the older man was furious and they grappled for a while before security intervened. As he left the homeless man threatened to kill 'any cunt' that laughed at him again.

What shocked me was the reaction of the people around me. A few were open-mouthed, others were sniggering, which is what I expected. What I didn't expect was to hear the following words out of someone's mouth.

"He needs to have his throat cut then burned!"

All I saw was a homeless man, probably in dire circumstances who almost certainly had mental health issues. Wanting him dead or in prison isn't going to help anyone. On my way back I saw the homeless man singing and shouting to himself in the middle of the road.

I'm worried about homeless people, both for them and the people they might interact with. The country we live in now isn't well suited to support them and people seem to have less and less empathy. I have the feeling that there is going to be more violence in the following weeks, both by and against homeless people.

Generally I also think that the community spirit that some people have will soon evaporate and people will be at each others throats.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

I agree with you in general.

However, anybody who fucking coughs in my face, much less spits in my face, in the middle of a pandemic, is getting a huge beating. It's on my bucket list - "beat the shit out of someone who really deserves it".

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on April 06, 2020, 09:51:13 PM

However, anybody who fucking coughs in my face, much less spits in my face, in the middle of a pandemic, is getting a huge beating. It's on my bucket list - "beat the shit out of someone who really deserves it".

*splutters down your virgin gullet*

Dewt

Quote from: Camp Tramp on April 06, 2020, 08:21:25 PMWhat I didn't expect was to hear the following words out of someone's mouth.

I cannot be the only person who laughed openly and loudly at this

I'd had to have seen it but removed from the situation it's really funny that they said their throat cut and then burned.

You should only get cancer!

Camp Tramp

Quote from: Dewt on April 06, 2020, 10:18:51 PM
I cannot be the only person who laughed openly and loudly at this

I'd had to have seen it but removed from the situation it's really funny that they said their throat cut and then burned.

That is how it sounded to me.

Camp Tramp

I would react in the same way. The last time I had a fight was because someone spat in my face.

Pseudopath

Quote from: Dewt on April 06, 2020, 10:18:51 PM

Made me laugh too. It's got to be someone from here with that kind of mastery of expression.

Ferris

Saw someone do a road rage on my weekly trip to the shops... then 2 coppers came sprinting out of the police station (poor choice of location to do a road rage) and arrested him.

It was brill. Never seen it before, loads of shouting and "show me your hands" and that.

Sony Walkman Prophecies

Quote from: Camp Tramp on April 06, 2020, 08:21:25 PM
I saw something today that was quite horrible. Nobody came out well from the incident, apart from maybe the security guard who broke the scuffle up.

I was in the queue at Morrisons, roughly about 1.30 pm. All of a sudden I heard a lot of shouting behind me. I heard the last few words.

"You laughing at me isn't funny!". A homeless guy was haranguing an older man in the queue. I don't know if he had laughed but I don't think it really mattered. The homeless man was obviously mentally unwell. He proved this by gobbing in the older man's face. Understandably the older man was furious and they grappled for a while before security intervened. As he left the homeless man threatened to kill 'any cunt' that laughed at him again.

What shocked me was the reaction of the people around me. A few were open-mouthed, others were sniggering, which is what I expected. What I didn't expect was to hear the following words out of someone's mouth.

All I saw was a homeless man, probably in dire circumstances who almost certainly had mental health issues. Wanting him dead or in prison isn't going to help anyone. On my way back I saw the homeless man singing and shouting to himself in the middle of the road.

I'm worried about homeless people, both for them and the people they might interact with. The country we live in now isn't well suited to support them and people seem to have less and less empathy. I have the feeling that there is going to be more violence in the following weeks, both by and against homeless people.

Generally I also think that the community spirit that some people have will soon evaporate and people will be at each others throats.

I genuinely believe a large proportion of society is just waiting for the right moment to unleash violence on their fellow man. I mean, you see it even in political debate now. It's not enough to say you disagree with someone, you have to wish death upon their head, and imagine lots of horrible ways in which they might die. Of course we're nice, so you don't get to see much of that on here.

Bazooka

Did they mean to cauterize him? Slit his throat and then burn the wound shut?  Either way it's hell of a statement to hear before you buy corned beef and tampons.

H-O-W-L

Quote from: Sony Walkman Prophecies on April 06, 2020, 11:08:05 PM
I genuinely believe a large proportion of society is just waiting for the right moment to unleash violence on their fellow man.

Came to that conclusion all on your own, did you? Suppose war was a mystery until now.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Sony Walkman Prophecies on April 06, 2020, 11:08:05 PM
I genuinely believe a large proportion of society is just waiting for the right moment to unleash violence on their fellow man. I mean, you see it even in political debate now. It's not enough to say you disagree with someone, you have to wish death upon their head, and imagine lots of horrible ways in which they might die. Of course we're nice, so you don't get to see much of that on here.
mmmmm lick that boot

chveik

Quote from: H-O-W-L on April 07, 2020, 12:31:45 AM
Came to that conclusion all on your own, did you? Suppose war was a mystery until now.

40 years old he is

ASFTSN

Apart from there being obvious topical connotations of gobbing in someone's face, I don't think anything in that story would have played out differently in non-corona times. At least not in London.

ASFTSN

It's on my bucket list - "beat the shit out of someone who really deserves it".

How did that end up on there?

Quote from: ASFTSN on April 07, 2020, 08:35:19 AM
How did that end up on there?
Just something I'd like to do before I die. But the person would have to do something heinous to warrant it, something that would result in me either not being charged with assault or mitigate any sentence I receive. Like, break into my house while I'm at home. Or attack a family member in front of me. Or spit in my face in the middle of a pandemic.

ASFTSN

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on April 07, 2020, 09:50:26 AM
Just something I'd like to do before I die.

I guess my actual question was 'Why would you like to do that before you die'? Each to their own, mind.

Quote from: ASFTSN on April 07, 2020, 10:35:48 AM
I guess my actual question was 'Why would you like to do that before you die'? Each to their own, mind.
I just think it would be neat to stare at the bloodied face of some piece of shit who decided to target someone they thought was weaker than them as I lift them up for one more slam into the concrete.

Sony Walkman Prophecies

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on April 07, 2020, 01:47:39 AM
mmmmm lick that boot

Hope you someday get to enjoy meting out a bit of justified violence. Good luck in all your future endeavours.

Sony Walkman Prophecies

Quote from: H-O-W-L on April 07, 2020, 12:31:45 AM

Not so much a conclusion as a conviction. Therein lies the difference between an idea and an actual felt experience.

Captain Crunch

As opposed to just a light tickling spray? 

Brundle-Fly

I just watched a nasty scuffle outside my local Co-Op between two security guards and a shoplifter. They're not supposed to make physical contact but I guess that protocol is totally out the window now. That's the third time, I've seen shoplifter/security aggro happen in the past week or so. It's like at the beginning of zombie films when you see those little isolated moments of violence and later on in the movie it has escalated into chaos en masse. I really hope we don't get a repeat performance of the 2011 riots.

Brian Freeze

I got spat on this week. Riding to work. 4 kids crossed the road on bikes and rode past . I felt something on my neck.
Not much but enough to make me stop. Turned round and they were a distance away mouthing off about Corona this and virus that. Weighed up whether I'd be late for work and gave them a fucking good chase through the estate.
Nowt I could do as I was clipped in and didnt have fighting shoes on but they got a decent bit of exercise out of it. Funnily enough one of them kept calling me a pussy, while running away?

Rang the police and they chose to record it as an assault. No good will come of it but at least its on record if they do it to someone else.

BlodwynPig

Sorry to hear that. Bet the cunts think they are immune from the virus and a beating

They are becoming feral in the absence of institutional regimen

72 year old murdered in alleged covid rage yesterday

Dewt

I haven't seen another human since March

Now I'm doing horse. It's June.

timebug

My mate Joe took his dogs for a walk yesterday; this involves a two mile drive from his home, to a huge park, that even in normal times, is never 'packed'. As he took the dogs out of the car (van actually) a large bloke wearing a mask shouted 'Oi! Wot you doing? Dontcha know you ain't supposed to drive to exercise...?'
Joe replied that yes, he had heard the restrictions,which in any case are open to interpretation. His two dogs are carthorse/ dragon crosses, so need loads of space and plenty of freedom. A walk round the block would do nothing for them.
'I'll report you' shouted the obnoxious masked man.
'Go ahead' said Joe.'and go and fuck yerself while you are about it...'
Bloke snarled, but walked away. Oh yes, I forgot to mention, Joe himself is six feet three and built like a brick shithouse.
The thing is, even pre-Covid, Joe would walk the beasts on grass, away from any paths, and avoid human contact of any sort, as he likes the open spaces and shuns other dog walkers/humans in general!

BlodwynPig

That reads like a Dungeons & Dragons preamble

Brian Freeze

Ive been really surprised with the response from the police about being spat on. Three phone calls and they're going to be looking at the CCTV from the forecourt they crossed.

I expect bugger all to happen and mainly phoned it in to help with their statistics if there was a craze for doing it round here.
The jolly nice chap who last rang told me that if they are spat on it is classified as terrorism.
I'm a bit confused about that so just said "cheers Bob, please accidentally stand on their bollocks if you find them". And I reckon he will.