Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 06:58:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

WORK COLLEAGUES

Started by Twit 2, April 07, 2020, 01:13:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twit 2

Colleague means someone you work with. Can everyone in the world stop saying work colleague and go back to saying colleague, please, like when the world was better and I was younger.

Readers wrack their brains trying to recall what a 'work colleague' actually was.

shiftwork2

Is this the co-workers thread?

H-O-W-L

BlodwynPig

20,000 colleagues under the sea

bomb_dog

Cast members, surely. Cos it's like a pantomime innit

Shoulders?-Stomach!

pancreas

It's like that pan-frying/oven-roasting farrago all over again.

Chollis

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 07, 2020, 07:44:14 AM
20,000 colleagues under the sea

was about to do that you horrible cunt

Chapeau!

shiftwork2

I'd like to make a comment on this tomorrow. Can I pre-book?

Paul Calf

DrGreggles

I had to briefly go into work yesterday and saw a work colleague*.
It was weird seeing someone who doesn't live in my house.

*and by 'work colleague' I mean a colleague at work

dissolute ocelot

Fucking better than having to call them associates or team members or partners or some other shit. Make it clear that you're only there because you are being paid.

DrGreggles

Or 'El Bandito'.

Possibly only if your work colleague has that as a nickname though.

Captain Z

A friend is just a colleague you haven't worked with yet.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on April 07, 2020, 09:37:14 AM
Fucking better than having to call them associates or team members or partners or some other shit. Make it clear that you're only there because you are being paid.

French-Canadian company I worked for insisted we were all 'members'. I don't know what this was supposed to say about us all being unified and have a say in the way the company was run, but it basically amounted to them being very pushy with us buying shares and treating us like children for not obeying company law - e.g. if you forgot to do a timesheet your email would get disabled and the business unit fined so several levels of boss would bother you about it.

Captain Crunch

And it's another word for knob.

Blinder Data

Vinnie01

Quote from: Captain Z on April 07, 2020, 09:55:15 AM
A friend is just a colleague you haven't worked with yet.

When you leave work, you can still be friends with that person.

Colleagues can be another word for cunts depends on the sort.

shiftwork2

pancreas

Vinnie, with all the leisure centres shut, this must be a dry period for you in at least one way.

Vinnie01

Quote from: pancreas on April 07, 2020, 12:25:18 PM
Vinnie, with all the leisure centres shut, this must be a dry period for you in at least one way.

Been very busy with engineering courses with various assignments. One of the LC has now become a testing centre.
Last visit to a Leisure centre was Cleethorpes last year to inspect the wave machine.

The company that runs it probley would be good for these thread.

Zero Gravitas

Quote from: Grandad ZGThey're not your friends they're people you work with.

Excellent advice, nothing else he ever said springs to mind though.

Vinnie01

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on April 07, 2020, 12:52:05 PM
Excellent advice, nothing else he ever said springs to mind though.

It is very rare for me to befriend work colleagues, the catering company I recently left in Feb this year that was ran by an incompetent leisure company, hired a head chef who was an idiot that no one (particularly the girls) liked after the old Head chef quit her job.  Previous work places I seen colleagues going out with each other and then fighting or arguing at some points.

The Old Head chef, I have been friends with even now.

At work, mainly to do work and not to make friends.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Vinnie01 on April 07, 2020, 12:33:05 PM
Been very busy with engineering courses with various assignments. One of the LC has now become a testing centre.
Last visit to a Leisure centre was Cleethorpes last year to inspect the wave machine.

The company that runs it probley would be good for these thread.

Kirkstall Leisure Centre is shut and as I paid for a year's membership up front I'm not sure if I will get any money back.

The pool facilities are uninteresting. A 25metre pool for Lane swimming that is very shallow, max depth 1.6m. And a small octagonal pool that looks like a very large jacuzzi which seems to be for small humans to toilet into.

Vinnie01

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on April 07, 2020, 02:52:01 PM
Kirkstall Leisure Centre is shut and as I paid for a year's membership up front I'm not sure if I will get any money back.

The pool facilities are uninteresting. A 25metre pool for Lane swimming that is very shallow, max depth 1.6m. And a small octagonal pool that looks like a very large jacuzzi which seems to be for small humans to toilet into.

Cleethorpes been shut for a while it was undergoing changes to the Windows so they drained the pool out. Now the cronavirus caused them shut again. 

rack and peanut

Amazon calls it's employees Amazonians.
Not a company worth cutting off a tit for

popcorn

Picked up a novel a while ago. First page contained "first began". Put down. NO regretz.

I actually really miss my colleagues since the shop closed down. I don't usually get on with people, but they were all really nice.