Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 01:03:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Best and Worst Use of Film Titles in that Film

Started by EOLAN, April 07, 2020, 01:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JesusAndYourBush

"Which underwear shall I wear today?"
"Wear the ones with a picture of a toucan on the front."
"No... skid marks... I wore them yesterday... I know... I'll wear the pelican brief."
"Why do all your pants have pictures of birds on anyway?"

Bad Ambassador

"I'll be closing the barbershop early today. There was a coachload of punks came by to get their hair done, and we've almost finished The Last Of The Mohicans." - Barbershop (2002)

From the writers of "some sort of Star Trek":

"You think it will be difficult?"
"Very."
"Well, this is not Mission Difficult, Mr. Hunt. It's Mission Impossible."

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on April 09, 2020, 02:35:42 PM
"I'll be closing the barbershop early today. There was a coachload of punks came by to get their hair done, and we've almost finished The Last Of The Mohicans." - Barbershop (2002)

I was just thinking how nearly every Blaxploitation film (and I think things like Barbershop are sort of throwbacks to that) mentions the title in it somehow. Although in a lot of them that's 'cos the title is just the name of the protagonist.

Obel

I think Deathstalker 2 manages somehow to be both the best and worst example of this:

https://youtu.be/ZoEfF2Wrfoo

mjwilson

Since some people seem to have branched out into TV series , I believe that Buffy the Vampire Slayer says "I'm Buffy the Vampire Slayer" once during the TV show "Buffy the Vampire Slayer".

olliebean

What sort of a stupid name is Buffy, anyway? Was that ever addressed in the series?

Gulftastic

Quote from: olliebean on April 09, 2020, 06:42:43 PM
What sort of a stupid name is Buffy, anyway? Was that ever addressed in the series?

Her other two names are 'Anne Summers'. The images that conjures up give me pleasure.

Deyv

Quote from: olliebean on April 09, 2020, 06:42:43 PM

It's hinted that everyone finds her name funny, even the headmaster says her name "suits the fucking moronic expression on her face." Then he gets eaten by furries as narrative punishment.

It's justified when she says the name of the show as she's being asked who she is and she is Buffy the vampire slayer.

Thomas

'Dr. Grant, my dear Dr. Sattler. Welcome... to the Jurassic Park/Jurassic World double trilogy franchise.'

Silence of the Lambs is a good instance.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

"It must be some kind of... Hot Tub Time Machine"
*looks into camera *

Sebastian Cobb

idunnosomename

Quote from: Prison Biscuits on April 09, 2020, 11:41:06 AM
"I am tired of fighting these star wars"
i sure cant wait until we get out of africa

Dex Sawash

I'm not certain I can even afford my dinner with Andre.

Brundle-Fly

Nobody ever said; "Oh no, Jaws is coming" - Taylor Parkes - Chart Music Podcast 2017

Marner and Me

Krush Groove, cool film, infact good use of films title in the film. Fuck it.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Marner and Me on April 12, 2020, 10:34:58 PM
Krush Groove, cool film, infact good use of films title in the film. Fuck it.

Had that in my backlog for a while

Marner and Me

Just watched it, it is on YouTube, just search for it in the search bar, infact fuck it, here is a direct link to get the most def music right into your ears, word
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ5nNvxQ-t8

"This is an easy gig ... it's a midnight run for Christ's sake!" Just watched this again this evening - still a minor masterpiece.

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on April 10, 2020, 07:48:01 PM
Nobody ever said; "Oh no, Jaws is coming" - Taylor Parkes - Chart Music Podcast 2017

I've just realised that the shark in Jaws probably isn't called "Jaws".

Blumf

Quote from: thecuriousorange on April 17, 2020, 11:17:50 PM
I've just realised that the shark in Jaws probably isn't called "Jaws".

Is it called Frankenstein?

samadriel

Dex Sawash

Someone in A Bridge Too Far, Dick Bogarde maybe, says something like
"I always felt we tried to go a bridge too far"

Nobody says "The Lighthouse" in The Lighthouse

olliebean

The sheer number of times someone or other says "Doctor who?" in Doctor Who, though.

Egyptian Feast

I watched Christmas In July last night and the heroine dropped the title at one point, but it was entirely appropriate for the circumstances.

dissolute ocelot

All the Gerard Butler Has Fallen movies do this to various degrees. In the first film "Olympus has fallen" is justified as secret service codeword mumbo jumbo for "Unconvincing North Koreans have captured the White House". "Angel has fallen" puts in a weird TV news report about how "President Morgan Freeman's guardian angel has fallen from grace", which is far from the worst thing the film has to offer and does accurately represent the terrible stuff they say on American TV news. I've not actually seen London Has Fallen but it seems like an easy name drop.

Inspector Norse

Please someone tell me this actually happens in Ballistic: Ecks vs Sever

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: Inspector Norse on June 17, 2020, 05:07:17 PM
Please someone tell me this actually happens in Ballistic: Ecks vs Sever

Kind of, Samuel L Jackson pops up and says "I'm ballistic about this motherfucking Ecks versus this motherfucking Sever"

dissolute ocelot

Are any of the Star Wars film titles used in the actual films (I exclude Solo, and possibly Rogue One)? Maybe they'd be better if the dialog was more like the melodramatic titles.