Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 01:58:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Covid charity show planned with Peter Kay

Started by Fambo Number Mive, April 08, 2020, 09:29:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: EasytoTypeI've not drank for three years

Fambo Number Mive

This is tonight at 7pm

QuoteTen Doctor Who actors from the past 50 years will say thank you to real doctors and other NHS staff on a star-studded BBC fundraising telethon later.

BBC One's The Big Night In will feature Jodie Whittaker, the current Doctor, and a host of her predecessors.

Little Britain, Peter Kay, The Vicar of Dibley and Catherine Tate will all also return during the three-hour special.

Children in Need and Comic Relief have joined forces for the first time for the event, which begins at 19:00 BST.

The Doctors have recorded a message thanking front-line staff for their work during the coronavirus crisis. It will be broadcast just before the weekly Clap For Carers at 20:00 BST.

The actors taking part range from Tom Baker, who played the role between 1974-81, to Whittaker and Jo Martin, who appeared as an alternative incarnation of the Doctor in two episodes earlier this year...

The three-hour show will aim to raise millions of pounds for vulnerable people around the UK who have been affected by the pandemic. The government has pledged to match all public donations, with a minimum of £20 million...

So government funding now relies on how much the public donate.

QuoteIt will be broadcast just before the weekly Clap For Carers

It's a brand now is it?

shiftwork2

Kryton

It's that fine spray of corona-virus infected spittle that soaks you through.
Eh?

Uncle Dickhead, coughing on the wedding cake, doing a weird dance? EH?

Uncle TechTip

idunnosomename

Quote from: shiftwork2 on April 23, 2020, 10:06:50 PM
Add ' width=xxx' after the img like this 
[img width=500]
but then it would not be lifesize. i want to tell the truth

The Bumlord

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on April 23, 2020, 11:17:23 PM
Oh dear Peter, are you alright? Love?

Obvs didn't watch this but I heard he seemed somewhat under the weather, in a dead soon sort of way.

neardark

Don't know if this was ever mentioned by the way but when he returned after disappearing for a bit/cancelling his tour I noticed that scarring/bruising top-left.

thr0b

That seems to have been from around 2008.

He then cancelled tours again last year or something, didn't he? And C.Evans claims he has been Unwell.

ollyboro

Quote from: neardark on April 24, 2020, 08:06:22 AM
Don't know if this was ever mentioned by the way but when he returned after disappearing for a bit/cancelling his tour I noticed that scarring/bruising top-left.

He fell off a Space Hopper. Remember them? Peter does. Give him £50 and he'll remind you.

thr0b

Don't be ridiculous.

Give him £50 and he'll give you last year's DVD of him reminding you. That DVD comprised of clips of the Best Of Peter Kay clip show from 2016.

Braintree

For a man so private I am baffled why he came out to do this. His "give what you can and if you can't don't worry" was refreshing but is it worth the speculation about his health.
I can see why all those death rumours keep coming out, he looks like a man getting palliative care.

On the other hand, he was scheduled to do his DJ PK dance for cancer shows until Coronavirus locked everything down, he doesn't look like a man who could or should be touring. I wonder if he planned to appear in person.

thr0b

In all honesty, I don't think he looks unwell. He just looks like an overweight middle-aged bloke who's recorded some stuff without  makeup on his iPad camera.

idunnosomename

if he goes away long enough then he can just go "remember ME??!?"

Braintree

Quote from: thr0b on April 24, 2020, 01:10:20 PM
In all honesty, I don't think he looks unwell. He just looks like an overweight middle-aged bloke who's recorded some stuff without  makeup on his iPad camera.

There's overweight and there is heavily bloated. I suspect the sunglasses hide missing eyebrows too.

He's never been a fit and slim man but he clearly isn't 100% and it is sad to see.

thr0b

Potentially. But those are some pretty serious (and tidy) sideburns on him. I'm not a doctor, but I don't see any hair loss there.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 23, 2020, 11:19:14 PM
but then it would not be lifesize. i want to tell the truth

in case you don't know, if an image is shrunk using the method shiftwork2 suggested, if you click/tap on it it goes back to full-size.