Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:20:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Audio Episode Of Car Share

Started by Malcy, April 08, 2020, 01:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcy

QuotePeter Kay and Sian Gibson are to return for a special audio-only episode of Car Share.

The new episode will be available via BBC iPlayer at 7pm this Friday (10th April).

Peter Kay says: "It's a horrific situation right now we're all going through and like so many I felt compelled to try and do something positive in an effort to cheer people in some way.

"Sian Gibson, [co-writer] Paul Coleman and myself got together via t'internet and wrote a new short episode of Car Share in an effort to try cheer people up.

"It's all happened very quickly, in fact it didn't exist a week ago.

"Obviously we weren't able to film anything because of the lockdown but I hope people will use their imagination and enjoy listening.

"I've given the episode to the good people at BBC iPlayer and it'll be available to listen from Good Friday 10th April.

"Here's hoping people enjoying having John & Kayleigh back. Lord knows we need it right now."

https://www.comedy.co.uk/online/news/5732/peter-kays-car-share-is-back/

Malcy

Thought this was pretty good. Works just as well as an audio. Hope they do some more.

jsgibble

There wasn't much of a story, but there didn't need to be. I liked it too.

Dewt

Gah, I most audio stuff isn't region-locked on iPlayer but I guess this falls under the category of an extra for a TV show and so is.

iPlayer is so hip to proxies and VPNs these days too. Might be a good day to find one that will work though, given Limmy's Homemade Show airs tonight.

Pseudopath

This was pleasant as fuck. Thanks Peter and Sian.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

I loved that. Kay and Gibson are such a great team.

Enzo

Some kind soul has uploaded it to youtube.

The chemistry between Kay and Gibson is something else. Could happily listen to them chatting for hours. Can really tell they've known each other for years. Loved it.

SteveDave

This really works. I laughed heartily at the Rolf Harris bit.

Custard

I don't see why they can't do another series. With the will they/won't they stuff resolved it could just carry on as usual. It didn't feel like it'd gone stale yet, and is easily the best thing Kay's been involved in in nearly 20 years. Agreed that they have great chemistry. It's joyful stuff

And please get back Reece Shearsmith

shiftwork2

It was pretty good, some big laughs.

The tradition of radio adaptations of established telly comedy (I suppose I'm thinking of the most repeated stuff on R4 extra - Steptoe and Dad's Army) has obviously long gone now but I was reminded of it here.  It can work well.

neveragain

I've just read some hysterical stuff on Facebook from the Breastfeeding Society about how damaging and ignorant the conversation about said subject was, full of "They said [quote comedy script] but we say..." Makes me despair.
I can understand the notion of getting offended but it's a special kind of daft that takes the words of comedy characters at face value. Besides which the section was talking about a toddler breastfeeding and quite frankly that is creepy, whether or not it's healthy and it's perfectly acceptable to examine the prejudice.