Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:56:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The best responses to the coronavirus

Started by Johnny Yesno, April 09, 2020, 12:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 19, 2020, 12:22:51 PM
Why would you choose two words that have the same sequence of letters in them
It makes perfect sense in Urdu!

Psmith

Two days of zero cases here after a strict lock down.The Premier got a lot of stick from both sides of politics but it's paid off.Well done Daniel Andrews.

evilcommiedictator

Quote from: Psmith on October 27, 2020, 12:48:18 AM
Two days of zero cases here after a strict lock down.The Premier got a lot of stick from both sides of politics but it's paid off.Well done Daniel Andrews.
Well done the population of Victoria....eventually.

There's massive issues with the outsourcing of contact tracing and delays with that, and what seems to be simple cost cutting in not hiring translators. But enough of that nuance eh? :)
Now to wait for the ten cases from some bogan in Narre Warren taking his mates to the pub to celebrate

Sebastian Cobb

Head Gardener

Head Gardener

Johnny Yesno

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteSpain's budget agreement will see health spending rise by 151.4%, spending on public housing by 367%, and 12 billion of EU funds for a green transition. Increases in income tax on high earners, capital gains tax n taxes on assets as well as rent controls

https://twitter.com/EoghanGilmartin/status/1321017965861654528

Theremin

Quote from: bgmnts on December 01, 2020, 06:12:36 PM
What's the catch? Fracking in everyone's back garden?

If someone offered to quadruple the NHS budget, I'd let them frack my arse.

Head Gardener

Dex Sawash

Chinese place up the street has made the packets of condiment self serve by putting them out in the doorway airlock. Probably less safe for me than trying to get extras from the matriarch at pickup. However, draconian 1 duck sauce per spring roll rule effectively bypassed.

Fambo Number Mive

The Speaker has FINALLY asked MPs to wear masks except when speaker. To be honest, they should really keep them on when speaking, especially as there are microphones in the  Chamber, but it's a step up from what we've had before.

Personally, I think it's disgraceful it's taken the Speaker this long.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: phantom_power on January 17, 2021, 09:32:57 PM
Karen Gillan turns into Limmy

https://twitter.com/karengillan/status/1350915524075507712

It's that thing a lot of Scottish people have where the accent comes and goes, generally when drunk or otherwise delirious.

Norton Canes

Manchester tabletop game shop Fan Boy Three are planning to give out free board games to locked down Manchester students - when they can get the logistics sorted

Facebook link for those who don't mind Facebook

Norton Canes

Was considering whether to put this here or in the 'Worst responses...' thread, to be honest...

Flaming Lips stage unique 'space bubble' concert in Oklahoma

I mean ostensibly it seems safe, but a) is it really a good idea to get so many people together for a non-essential reason and b) it must only take a few people to have panic attacks or overheat or whatever at once and the staff wouldn't be able to cope. That's before even thinking about the potential horror of too many simultaneous toilet trip requests.

olliebean

Quote from: Norton Canes on January 25, 2021, 10:57:13 AM
Was considering whether to put this here or in the 'Worst responses...' thread, to be honest...

I mean ostensibly it seems safe, but a) is it really a good idea to get so many people together for a non-essential reason and b) it must only take a few people to have panic attacks or overheat or whatever at once and the staff wouldn't be able to cope. That's before even thinking about the potential horror of too many simultaneous toilet trip requests.

Those bubbles look minging. Some of them look like they're held together with sellotape. I hope they've been properly sanitised between uses.

Norton Canes

Fuck knows what the drill is if there's a fire.

JamesTC

bgmnts

Quote from: Norton Canes on January 25, 2021, 10:57:13 AM

If we've learnt anything over the past year, it's that going to gigs, the beach, the pub or going travelling are literally the most important things in the world to most people.

Johnny Yesno

Cuellar