Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:02:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The best responses to the coronavirus

Started by Johnny Yesno, April 09, 2020, 12:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Yesno

Britain And The Coronavirus: A Timeline of Failure: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQkLRuyXwOc

No surprises that it's Novara again.

Dex Sawash

idunnosomename

matt lucas and his stupid song about potatoes has helped raised 1m for meals for NHS workers in London, Manchester and Birmingham

https://twitter.com/RealMattLucas/status/1249077756853395456

ollyboro

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: ollyboro on April 13, 2020, 07:25:27 PM
https://youtu.be/dU0LtAN-e6A

This guy knows.

It's good to see that Cambridge police are finally taking a more measured approach to Easter egg purchasing.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Implies she loves the principle that landlords can put the rent up otherwise. I bet when she finds her utility bills going up she applauds the private companies for doing the right thing.

Tell me, how does that principle work in London? Even the most libertarian do-it-yourself turdgrave is presumably aware that rent is prohibitively and exorbitantly high there.

idunnosomename

@KarlMarx
the ceaseless oppression of the proletariat by the bourgeois dictatorship is quite bad.

bgmnts

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 14, 2020, 09:36:36 PM
@KarlMarx
the ceaseless oppression of the proletariat by the bourgeois dictatorship is quite bad.

Uh no it was Wolverhampton Wanderers who beat Leicester 3-1.

Fambo Number Mive

The New Zealand PM, her Ministers, and CEO's of top government agencies have just agreed to take a 20% pay cut for the next six months in solidarity with the rest of the country.

The government of New Zealand has done a lot better than the UK government at tackling the coronavirus.

Will Johnson and his ministers follow New Zealand's lead and take a 20% pay cut for the next six months?

The president of France, a country which has done better than the UK at tacking the coronavirus, has apologised on national TV for France not being prepared according to Jeremey Vine.

Will Johnson and his ministers do the same?

Thomas

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on April 10, 2020, 05:32:02 PM
Britain And The Coronavirus: A Timeline of Failure: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQkLRuyXwOc

No surprises that it's Novara again.

They are picking up the slack of Britain's entire established media. Check this out:

I'm an NHS doctor. I have just earned an extra £200 for covid-related locum work and have donated it to @novaramedia

Their reporting of the coronavirus pandemic has been second to none and has contained a level of detail and scrutiny that is absent in the traditional media.

https://twitter.com/alexjarmitage/status/1250104559571214336

Dewt

Let's further radicalise Thomas

See if we can get him to blow something up

Abnormal Palm

Should be 20% of the cabinet guillotine themselves to make a point. If they did that, I'd actually say fair play. As long as it's the top 20% just saying look, we know loads of your friends and family members are dead, we're gonna get the guillotine out of the London Dungeon and start chopping heads like my mutha fucka ODB and we're all gonna die for our sins. I'd say fair play and I'd clap.

Dewt

I don't think we should actually chop anybody's heads off, we should just put guillotines outside all of their doors to keep them in line. And sing the chop chop song (music and lyrics to be written later, or we'll just get the chorus to 'feel them out'). Oh also we'll get Thomas to blow some of them up.

Also it's no fun when a guillotining is consensual.

Head Gardener

Florida animal shelter's kennels empty for the first time in history after every dog adopted

I can barely believe I'm saying this, but every clip I see of Piers Morgan this pandemic, he's laying into government ministers over their response to the crisis.

The bar for journalism is through the floor right now.

Edge have dedicated their entire June issue to games that you can play to cheer you up during lock down.

Bazooka

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on April 17, 2020, 12:45:37 PM
Edge have dedicated their entire June issue to games that you can play to cheer you up during lock down.

So basically just games.

Quote from: Bazooka on April 17, 2020, 01:34:38 PM
So basically just games.

No, nice, happy games. Don't make me post you in the Worst Responses thread.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteHealthcare workers in the Netherlands are to receive a cash bonus to recognise their efforts in fighting Covid-19, Dutch finance minister Wopke Hoekstra revealed on Tuesday.

While it's nice to see people recognising the efforts of doctors and nurses fighting to save lives, Wopke Hoekstra said the universal gratitude must be expressed in a more tangible way, not just in the form of applause - a reference to the current trend in countries like the Netherlands and the UK for people to go outside to clap in a public display of appreciation for staff involved in battling the pandemic.

The idea of showing support with a financial reward was first discussed in the Dutch parliament a month ago. Politicians are now working out how much it will be and when the bonus be paid to those on the front line...

A pay rise would be better than a cash bonus,but even that is more than politicians in the UK are offering.

imitationleather

Finally having an ever present roll of loo paper on your bed is going to be cool.

I've been rocking that look since my teens, so it's great that everyone else has at last caught up.

I see, so when this lady takes a load of pictures of herself, often smoking, which is a horribly dangerous habit, the BBC lavishes her with praise, yet when I sent Konnie Huq those Polaroids of my pulled open arse, the police got involved and I had my Blue Peter badge confiscated.

Head Gardener

that's no lady! that's my wife!!*

*looks like her, a bit

momatt

Quote from: Head Gardener on April 22, 2020, 02:21:24 PM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-52353298

That first pic is meant to be Buelligan isn't it?!

[sitting about and taking millions of pics of yourself is a wee bit mental isn't it?]

Sebastian Cobb

What's that she's smoking in the bed pic? I know cigarillos are thinner but that seems the size of cocktail stick.